+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Blue Blood HQ Fridge is Broken

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Default Blue Blood HQ Fridge is Broken

Refrigerator is broken. I don't think I've ever actually bought a fridge before. Always had cast-offs or they came with places I got. In Los Angeles, a fridge is not included in anything. Off to the store.

Default Re: Blue Blood HQ Fridge is Broken

You're prolly already gone... but in the event that you're not....or that you haven't picked out one yet... May I suggest the brand Frigidaire? They're awesome and they last forever.

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

blame it on the quake, you're covered right?

~K

Quote Originally Posted by keiko
    blame it on the quake, you're covered right?

~K

The quake probably honestly helped push it over the edge, but it was kind of a sucky fridge to begin with and it is like ten years old. More than ready to be retired.

Until I get a new one though, I have to put a beverage in the freezer for like an hour before it is cold enough to be enjoyable now.

I'm leaning towards one of the Samsung French door style ones. I saw a great price on a black one today.

Does getting a black refrigerator make you gothic?

rikosaka's Avatar ChorizoSmells

We have had our fridge for 16 years, a wedding present from her parents. I'm waiting for the day when it dies so I can get a new one with an ice maker and doors open from right to left. Sucks not having a working fridge. It must be hot over there, never been to L.A. in the summer but having a nice cold drink when you want it is a must anywhere.

If your fridge had a red interior then it might make you gothic, swap out the regular bulb and put in a red bulb.

mystoo's Avatar Pirate Hooker

Getting a black fridge makes you awesome
    Does it have an ice maker in the door?

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Amelia G

can you even get them in any other color?

Dusk's Avatar Senior Member

Refrigerator is broken. I don't think I've ever actually bought a fridge before. Always had cast-offs or they came with places I got. In Los Angeles, a fridge is not included in anything. Off to the store.
    MEDIC!

lok on the bright side: the original fridge sucked, so now you have an excuse to get an awsome one

VoltaireBlue's Avatar just is

so, what did you wind up with?

i totally want a powder pink fridge.... that would like rule and stuff.

I want one plated with obsidian, but I dont think it could be done.

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk
    With apes dancing at it's base and throwing bones around?

Quote Originally Posted by ForrestBlack
    With apes dancing at it's base and throwing bones around?
    No- they can stay on top and make sure no one eats my cheese

Senior_Diablo's Avatar in a rowboat

Quote Originally Posted by keiko
    blame it on the quake
    or canadians..

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk
    or maybe lead? im sure china could get that done..

Mindgames's Avatar A guy who makes girls

Samsung double-door fridge = bad idea. Really bad. They've made TV shows about these things..

http://www.ciao.co.uk/Samsung_RS21WCNS__Review_5686390

Voltaire - SMEG do a pink retro-style fridge, beloved by Hello Kitty fans and the clinically effervescent. Or, you can just get your existing one airbrushed with snake bones and charge it to Amelia as a photoshoot prop.

Quote Originally Posted by Mindgames
    Samsung double-door fridge = bad idea. Really bad. They've made TV shows about these things..

Voltaire - SMEG do a pink retro-style fridge, beloved by Hello Kitty fans and the clinically effervescent. Or, you can just get your existing one airbrushed with snake bones and charge it to Amelia as a photoshoot prop.

I'm not going to stress too much about five years in the future. Odds I will be in precisely the same place then are not high, given past wanderlust. Getting a different model anyway.

Back from after hours hopping. Need to defrost old broken fridge in time for new one delivery in as little as three hours. Eating all remaining key lime pie tofutti ice cream sandwiches as part of defrosting old fridge process. Also cooking sausages & tortellini.

Also cooking sausages & tortellini.
    um, like, yum. you just inspired my dinner. I'll be adding garlic and spinach to mine with a little peccorino romano..... grazia.

Quote Originally Posted by Mindgames

I have a strange obsession with pink accessories(pink phone, pink socks pink tights, when I can finally afford a new laptop it will be pink...) I never wear pink clothes, but I love pink stuff. If I had a pink fridge, it would have all kinds of cool and bitchen magnets all over it.

Speaking of fridge problems... I just moved up to Philly and the fridge that was left in the place was horrid and broken no less, so our landlord bought us a used one and it is not cooling at all...... so I feel your pain Amelia >_<!!! On a side note, I've now been told twice that whatever you do, do NOT have the fridge on it's back or side as it can allow freon to get into parts of the fridge that will cause it to fail, and thus not work ever again.

Good luck with the new fridge.

Quote Originally Posted by Eclipse
    Speaking of fridge problems... I just moved up to Philly and the fridge that was left in the place was horrid and broken no less, so our landlord bought us a used one and it is not cooling at all...... so I feel your pain Amelia >_<!!! On a side note, I've now been told twice that whatever you do, do NOT have the fridge on it's back or side as it can allow freon to get into parts of the fridge that will cause it to fail, and thus not work ever again.

Good luck with the new fridge.

On the East Coast, it would be weird to move in any place and have it not have a fridge, but Californians think old refrigerators are unsanitary or something. I guess they don't believe in cleaning supplies here or something. Waiting for delivery now.

Its it amazing the culture differences between the east and west coast?

Congrats on the new fridge. Hopefully you'll feel the relief on the electric bill.

I want a fucking iced soy latte right now. Only I have no ice, due to lack of refrigeration. And I can't leave to buy ice or an iced latte because I have to be here for the delivery. I guess if I did this on a weekday, I could have sent someone to get some caffeine.

I'm having fridge envy right now. I live in a studio so apparently that means people who pay less rent get fewer appliances. My "kitchen" (and I use the term loosely) actually has an under counter mini fridge! What I wouldn't give for an icebox that held more than a carton of eggs and a couple cans of soda!

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse
    I'm having fridge envy right now. I live in a studio so apparently that means people who pay less rent get fewer appliances. My "kitchen" (and I use the term loosely) actually has an under counter mini fridge! What I wouldn't give for an icebox that held more than a carton of eggs and a couple cans of soda!

In Los Angeles, no properties -- not studio apts, houses in the Hills, commercial creative spaces, nada -- come with appliances like a fridge.

I am loving finally having some fridge space and I think so are other folks who have to use it.

In Los Angeles, no properties -- not studio apts, houses in the Hills, commercial creative spaces, nada -- come with appliances like a fridge.

I am loving finally having some fridge space and I think so are other folks who have to use it.
    That is absurd... I guess I should count my blessings for what I do have!

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Yah. We're some weird mofos. Glad you got a fridge. In the Bay Area, they show up in ads as a perk (one studio even advertised a mini fridge!) They're standard in Sac ..... because it is Sac

OEC

Quote Originally Posted by One Eyed Cat
    Yah. We're some weird mofos. Glad you got a fridge. In the Bay Area, they show up in ads as a perk (one studio even advertised a mini fridge!) They're standard in Sac ..... because it is Sac

OEC
    Yet another reason I'll stay on the East Coast... although I'll have to visit the LA area now that my 'lil sis is going to Whittier. We thought it was a cool school but now we're having our doubts, her roomies seem a bit uh... how should I put this... preppy? Anyone have any info on the school/neighborhood?

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse
    Yet another reason I'll stay on the East Coast... although I'll have to visit the LA area now that my 'lil sis is going to Whittier. We thought it was a cool school but now we're having our doubts, her roomies seem a bit uh... how should I put this... preppy? Anyone have any info on the school/neighborhood?
    I've heard of Whittier. Basically, I'd just tell her to hang in there and meet some new peeps for future roomies. If it doesn't work out, nothing wrong with transferring. I'm out in Minnesota now. The LA folks on the site may have additional advice. I was NorCal (albeit born in SD).

OEC

Quote Originally Posted by One Eyed Cat
    I've heard of Whittier. Basically, I'd just tell her to hang in there and meet some new peeps for future roomies. If it doesn't work out, nothing wrong with transferring. I'm out in Minnesota now. The LA folks on the site may have additional advice. I was NorCal (albeit born in SD).

OEC
    Thanks for the insight... I agree nothing wrong with transferring. I myself had to leave my original college for various reasons and now I'm happy as a clam at Corcoran!

+ Reply to Thread