+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Buckcherry vs Motley Crue and Bella Vendetta Breasts

Default Buckcherry vs Motley Crue and Bella Vendetta Breasts

"Most of us are just living a lie
    That's why we get fucked up every night"
    --Buckcherry, "Too Drunk To Fuck"

Please forgive me, but I like to fantasize that my dirty glam rockers are never too drunk to get it on. Well maybe occasionally, if it makes a really good story. But I can't help wondering if Buckcherry don't have some kind of problem with women. I don't mean that I suspect they might not be thoughtful...
    Read the full article

Default Re: Buckcherry vs Motley Crue and Bella Vendetta Breasts

uh... First off, that song just sucks.

No, really.

If that's "rock" nowadays, then thank god I'm too old to be exposed to that shit. Seriously what's the difference musically between this, and the jonas brothers?

Secondly, didn't the Dead Kennedy's already have a song called "Too Drunk to Fuck?"

If I recall correctly it was hilarious, accurate, and rocked all at the same time. Glam rockers might not puke all over a girl who fails to get them hard after consuming a pyramid of 40oz.s, but Punks have no problem with that...

fuckin' kids today...

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

I pointed out the math equation:

Buckcherry < Motley Crue

It is almost a truism, but I think we can safely (very safely) also say:

Buckcherry < DK

Glam rock is about being a party deity and punk is about freedom well past the point of misbehavior. Hence, punk stories about projectile vomit are always funny and glam rock ones only sometimes are.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

I like only one of those things mentioned in the title.

here's a hint, you could count it as two things.

also wasn't the singer for buckcheery on VH1's celebrity rehab for smoking crack? he probably just wants to take a nap.

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory
    I like only one of those things mentioned in the title.

here's a hint, you could count it as two things.

also wasn't the singer for buckcheery on VH1's celebrity rehab for smoking crack? he probably just wants to take a nap.

I had previously been blissfully unaware that VH1 had a celebrity rehab show.

Have I mentioned recently that I hate the whole AA and NA thing where folks in the program still booze up and drug about as often as a normal person, but simultaneously expect bonus sympathy every time they are in a difficult social situation, all the while looking down on everyone around them because (a) nobody can party as hard as they have and (b) they are more moral for not partying now.

I watched the Buckcherry video for the same two things you might have liked in it. I would have liked Bella's head to be in it too though.

I don't really know much about her, but from what I've seen it seems that her presense was wasted in that video.

I don't really know too much about Joanna Angel either, but that doesn't seem to be what she is about. I know that Blue Blood has a history of working with the music and media industry and it wouldn't be like you guys to do a shoot with models acting as nothing more than eye candy to stroke... egos of rock stars. maybe i'm wrong here, could be. or it could be that the devil was in the details of the editing room.

It makes me think of this book I saw about how advertising cuts up and arranges pictures of women's body parts which brought to mind in the author the fantasies of serial-sex murderers.

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory
    I don't really know much about her, but from what I've seen it seems that her presense was wasted in that video.

I don't really know too much about Joanna Angel either, but that doesn't seem to be what she is about. I know that Blue Blood has a history of working with the music and media industry and it wouldn't be like you guys to do a shoot with models acting as nothing more than eye candy to stroke... egos of rock stars. maybe i'm wrong here, could be. or it could be that the devil was in the details of the editing room.

It makes me think of this book I saw about how advertising cuts up and arranges pictures of women's body parts which brought to mind in the author the fantasies of serial-sex murderers.

Blue Blood very rarely works on a referral basis with casting people for mainstream media. They seem to always think that the sorts of folks we work with should get a suckier pay rate because they are weird or something. My view is that I'll work for free or cheap if it is something cool and genuinely grass roots, but folks who have big offices in Beverly Hills can fucking pay at least a standard rate to both me and those I work with. Not like we generally force anyone to act with self-respect though. When we do big media stuff, we tend to supply completed whole projects, so I know people will be presented respectfully i.e. I would not trust some egregiously emo and sex-negative music industry guy to edit a bunch of footage of Blue Blood hotties.. I don't know how Joanna feels about the Buckcherry thing, but I'd be pissed and disappointed if I were her.

funkatron's Avatar Dead Agent

VH1's rehab show is actually quite good. It satisfies my interest in seeing "celebrities" suffer, and Dr Drew actually seems to be trying to help them.

This is the same thing that happened to me with that Katy Perry song. I thought it was a cover of the Jill Sobule song, but no. Now BC is fucking with DK. Damn.

I do really like that "Lit Up" tune by Buckcherry, though. They should sing more of that, and less shit.

ha. you never know. the way that things have been going lately maybe we will get several PR people to come on here and give us all the details on the inside scoop.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Amelia G
    I pointed out the math equation:

Buckcherry < DK

that's certainly an understatement.............

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fS6Vy...eature=related

after watching that buckcherry thing I just had to find the real thing

+ Reply to Thread