+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Spore....

Ajax Knucklebones's Avatar God fearing atheist

Default Spore....

Has anyone bought it or knows someone who has? Is it worth my time?

episode allah's Avatar iconoclast

Default Re: Spore....

too busy playing metal slug anthology!

*but yeh, i have seen my friend playing spore and something about it doesn't sit right with me, also it looks kind of childish.*

Quote Originally Posted by episode allah
    too busy playing metal slug anthology!

*but yeh, i have seen my friend playing spore and something about it doesn't sit right with me, also it looks kind of childish.*
    Well, I bought Spore creature creator for my son awhile back and I actually had some fun creating "new life" myself, but if the game itself actually just turns out to be boring gameplay, I don't want to waste $50.00 for nothing. I hear some of the levels are very repetitive and to me repetitive=boring.

Thanks for your comment.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

cosmic coincidences are nuts. Just last night someone was telling me about this game. I've never heard of it before. I tried to find it online, but all the files were corrupted and full of viruses.

Got good reviews.

If you do buy Spore, just remember that it has DRM Securerom...which means you can install it only like 5 times ever. EVER!....
    And if you want to have multiple "accounts" (aka, profiles under spore, like yours and your sons) then you'll have to buy multiple copies..for multiple machines..because it only allows for 1 profile.

Thats fucking dumb of them.

Senior_Diablo's Avatar in a rowboat

i have the galactic addition of spore.. i havent looked at all the extra stuff, but i have played the game alot since i got it..i like it.. if you're into simulation games like the sims and stuff like that, i would recommend it.. theres alot of creative possibilities and different paths to choose on like everything..

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

a friend of mines got it..................looks pretty good,........ different, in a good way

what's the metal slug anthology?

I played the original metal slug games, and up to like 4 or five I think. but I haven't heard about that one.

HeadlessBill's Avatar Innocent Bystander

Got it. Enjoy it. Wish I had more time to play it (between looking for a job, working on my documentary and playing WoW).

If you want to add me as a buddy, I use the same name that I have here.

helcyon's Avatar i am no one

Quote Originally Posted by VoldtaEngler
    DRM
    A news article I just read claims that EA is getting mega-negative feedback because of this. And it looks like it is going to become the most pirated illegally downloaded game in history because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by helcyon
    A news article I just read claims that EA is getting mega-negative feedback because of this. And it looks like it is going to become the most pirated illegally downloaded game in history because of it.
    I wouldn't doubt it..looking up through Google "DRM" and the "related search" is "spore DRM". Out of ALL the software that has it, this one comes up first.

episode allah's Avatar iconoclast

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax Knucklebones
    Thanks for your comment.
    Actually I apologize; my comment was pointless. The concept of spore sounds cool. I just wanted to talk about Metal Slug.

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory
    what's the metal slug anthology?

I played the original metal slug games, and up to like 4 or five I think. but I haven't heard about that one.
    Its basically just a compilation of the first six Games.

metal slug 4 and 5 kinda sucked, they turned them into anime characters. what's up with that?

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory
    metal slug 4 and 5 kinda sucked, they turned them into anime characters. what's up with that?
    Which version is your favorite?

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

Zero punctuation on The Escapist I think sums it up Very Nicely.

~K

Quote Originally Posted by keiko

~K

Hahaha! That was great, K! Thanks. And just long enough for my incredible short attention span to take it all in!

Senior_Diablo's Avatar in a rowboat

Quote Originally Posted by keiko

~K
    zero punctuation ftw!

Dusk's Avatar Senior Member

'nuff said

athenahollow's Avatar Smut Peddler

LOL that's hilarious.
    Now, onto the DRM. Apparently EA got the point, and is laxing the installs of spore. You will be able to have it on up to 3 computers at any given point in time. If you ever want to move it, you will have to deactivate it, much like all the adobe creative suite stuff.

I'm not sure when this supposed to go into effect, but I assume it will be soon, as they really are screwing the pooch until they do.

As far as gameplay goes, it's stupid addictive. I've played it a few times, and really wish my own computer ran it. Unfortunately, my pc is a pos at the moment, so I gotta wait. But, my fiance has it, and yea... it's fucking awesome if you are into that kind of game. I personally spend more time designing creatures and spaceships, but the game play is fun as hell too.

I'm getting me a cracked Spore just to see what is it all about.

I dled spore off a torrent a couple of days before it came out to check it out. I was super excited about all the new tech that was supposed to be present in it and the "Vast ever changing gameplay" that was billed.
    I played through the whole game in 8 hours. Technicaly the space stage can go on forever but after a short while of being your races ONLY ship in the face of enemy races armadas, massive ecodisasters which have to be personaly micromanaged, pirate attacks, and worlds getting seized, it gets so frustrating that I had to quit.
    The procedural environment interaction wasn't half as deep as I was expecting. The videos that Mr. Wright showed at E3 last year showed these creatures having a fairly deep and meaningful interaction with the worlds that they inhabited. I didn't see any of this. Sure the critters you make walk fairly realisticaly givin their horrible moster bodies, but they only have about 9 interactions after that which feels a little flat.
    Its a good game for kids and casual gamers that aren't expecting much, but for the hardcore gamer or even one looking for depth and continuity I'd say torrent or skip it, or wait for the console version which is sure to hit in a year.

+ Reply to Thread