+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Do you ♥ Clint Catalyst?

Default Do you ♥ Clint Catalyst?

This is a message to all of the Friends & Fans of Clint Catalyst.
    I hope it is O.K. for me to post this here.
    Since I am new, I can't post in the commercial section

Are you on ****************? There is a NEW Clint Catalyst fan group there.
    I can't post links yet, so just go there and search his name in the groups section.

We'd LOVE to have you in the group!
    It's kind of slow at the moment.

Tell for your friends.

xo

Bikerpunk's Avatar Ill-intentioned bad apple

Default Re: Do you ♥ Clint Catalyst?

Promotional announcements go in promotional announcements
    but only after you've been posting a while. Simply spamming is not acceptable.

The who now?

Quote Originally Posted by Bikerpunk
    Promotional announcements go in promotional announcements
    but only after you've been posting a while. Simply spamming is not acceptable.
    What? There isn't anything there but spam. What's your non-acceptance going to do about it?

Bikerpunk's Avatar Ill-intentioned bad apple

Quote Originally Posted by Raza
    The who now?
    Not The Who. Clint Catalyst.

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

There is nothing about being new which prevents one from posting promotional threads in the promotional forum.

Please do not use tricky spelling to get around a word which is blocked on the forums. Very few words are blocked and those which are are blocked for a reason.

Lastly, I have known Clint for years. I have published Clint and Clint has published me. Clint is welcome to participate in the Blue Blood boards any time he likes and he is welcome to send Blue Blood press releases about his projects any time he likes.

He would never be so disrespectful here. Even if he has assigned you the job of astroturfing for him across the internet, I would be very surprised and disappointed if he wanted you to bring that fake grass roots BS here to Blue Blood. A Blue Blood audience is a tad too sophisticated for this type of nonsense and you'll get no benefit from it here.

I think its CURIOUS that the person KNEW about the blocking... and went around it on their first post.

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

I remember Clint from the Bay Area "scene" back in the day. Don't know him personally. I do know he's good peeps and doesn't need this silly shit to further his work.

OEC

Quote Originally Posted by OrganizedKhaos
    I think its CURIOUS that the person KNEW about the blocking... and went around it on their first post.
    I imagine they didn't, but saw the result and edited it.

Nope, it got edited after the fact.

Quote Originally Posted by OrganizedKhaos
    Nope, it got edited after the fact.
    Do you mean how it got edited into a bunch of asterix, presumably by Amelia?

That's not what I'm talking about. I mean they wrote the word normally, noticed when reading the thread that it got filtered, then went back and edited it into an alternate spelling. This forum doesn't display 'edited by X at xx:xx' lines when you edit posts.

Anyway, I would hardly call avoiding a word filter to get an essential part of your message across rude. I'm sure the reason for its existence is an entertaining cultural statement or something, but bans on worlds rarely (read: never) hold too much of an objective moral highground.

VoltaireBlue's Avatar just is

Quote Originally Posted by One Eyed Cat
    I remember Clint from the Bay Area "scene" back in the day. Don't know him personally. I do know he's good peeps and doesn't need this silly shit to further his work.

OEC
    yep, that guy is cool as hell, and a great writer.

Quote Originally Posted by Raza
    Do you mean how it got edited into a bunch of asterix, presumably by Amelia?

That's not what I'm talking about. I mean they wrote the word normally, noticed when reading the thread that it got filtered, then went back and edited it into an alternate spelling. This forum doesn't display 'edited by X at xx:xx' lines when you edit posts..
    Yes, presumably it was Amelia. When the text was first written... it was spelled like my-space or something to that effect. Going around the block.

I apologize for going around the text, it is merely for example.

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

We had cupcakes with Clint not that long ago. He lives right up the street from me, which I guess is why it seems kind of discomforting to have this sort of disconnected promo post here.I've known him for what seems like three lifetimes at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Amelia G
    There is nothing about being new which prevents one from posting promotional threads in the promotional forum.

Please do not use tricky spelling to get around a word which is blocked on the forums. Very few words are blocked and those which are are blocked for a reason.

Lastly, I have known Clint for years. I have published Clint and Clint has published me. Clint is welcome to participate in the Blue Blood boards any time he likes and he is welcome to send Blue Blood press releases about his projects any time he likes.

He would never be so disrespectful here. Even if he has assigned you the job of astroturfing for him across the internet, I would be very surprised and disappointed if he wanted you to bring that fake grass roots BS here to Blue Blood. A Blue Blood audience is a tad too sophisticated for this type of nonsense and you'll get no benefit from it here.
    I do apologize. Very sorry about that. I did not mean to upset/offend.
    It will not happen again.
    Regards -
    Tally

Quote Originally Posted by One Eyed Cat

OEC
    I know he does not need anything to further his work either.
    And I am friend of his too, that's the reason I started the group for him. He was happy about it.

I first made an acct here to post about it when the group was new & I was trying to spread the word. I though there might be people in this community who would be interested in it.

Again, I am sorry to have upset people.

The good thing though; I am now quite interested in the Blue Blood network and plan on being quite active now {maybe even modeling?}.

Quote Originally Posted by ForrestBlack
    We had cupcakes with Clint not that long ago. He lives right up the street from me, which I guess is why it seems kind of discomforting to have this sort of disconnected promo post here.I've known him for what seems like three lifetimes at this point.
    Again - I am sorry. Clint was very happy that I started that group for him.
    I apologized to Amelia, but I would like to extend it to you as well.

I've not known Clint as long as the two of you, but I can honestly say that what I did {the ******* group & post here}, I did out of kindness & appreciation for him. He's a super guy & I was only trying to spread the word about his group.

I made my first trip to L.A. earlier this month and Clint was kind enough to let me stay at his place. I know he has some ideas in store for the group that I started on *******, including prizes & contests that will be exclusive to the group.

I am sorry that I never came back to the forums after my initial post, but I'm back now. *finally*

-Tally

Quote Originally Posted by little-miss-scare-all
    Again - I am sorry. Clint was very happy that I started that group for him.
    I apologized to Amelia, but I would like to extend it to you as well.

I've not known Clint as long as the two of you, but I can honestly say that what I did {the ******* group & post here}, I did out of kindness & appreciation for him. He's a super guy & I was only trying to spread the word about his group.

I made my first trip to L.A. earlier this month and Clint was kind enough to let me stay at his place. I know he has some ideas in store for the group that I started on *******, including prizes & contests that will be exclusive to the group.

I am sorry that I never came back to the forums after my initial post, but I'm back now. *finally*

-Tally

Coming back and doing the same thing again, claiming to have just stayed at Clint's place, makes me honestly think a bit less of Clint.

A Blue Blood audience is also sophisticated enough to see that bumping a thread like this to talk about all the great things you are doing on a News Corp site, especially when you violate forum rules again to do so, is just astroturfing for corporate interests over community ones.

I think your profile needs a photograph.

With all the fake-ass people Clint has hooked up over the years, who turned around and did nothing for him in return, he could really throw me and Blue Blood a bone at this point, to make up for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Amelia G
    Coming back and doing the same thing again, claiming to have just stayed at Clint's place, makes me honestly think a bit less of Clint.

A Blue Blood audience is also sophisticated enough to see that bumping a thread like this to talk about all the great things you are doing on a News Corp site, especially when you violate forum rules again to do so, is just astroturfing for corporate interests over community ones.

I think your profile needs a photograph.

With all the fake-ass people Clint has hooked up over the years, who turned around and did nothing for him in return, he could really throw me and Blue Blood a bone at this point, to make up for this.
    I'm really sorry, and I hate that I seem to have gotten on your bad side.
    It was not my intention of bumping the thread, I just was apologizing.

As for my profile, I just completed it.

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

I think Clint is great, but really, I wouldn't send someone over to his place to shill for me like that. I know there are lots of places on teh intarwebs that allow this sort of soulless promo, but this really isn't one of them. If Clint wants to get together and talk about whatever cool project he has going on, we're generally open, but this is a lot like going to a party of his and telling everyone they should leave his party to go to someone else's instead. It's just kind of inconsiderate. He was an excellent door man, perhaps ask him sometime about how clubs view people fliering for other clubs on their dancefloor. We generally encourage people to participate here for a while before they start hawking links and that sort of thing because we think that people get a better sense of what is and is not appropriate.

I think Clint is great, but really, I wouldn't send someone over to his place to shill for me like that. I know there are lots of places on teh intarwebs that allow this sort of soulless promo, but this really isn't one of them. If Clint wants to get together and talk about whatever cool project he has going on, we're generally open, but this is a lot like going to a party of his and telling everyone they should leave his party to go to someone else's instead. It's just kind of inconsiderate. He was an excellent door man, perhaps ask him sometime about how clubs view people fliering for other clubs on their dancefloor. We generally encourage people to participate here for a while before they start hawking links and that sort of thing because we think that people get a better sense of what is and is not appropriate.
    I understand.
    Do you think you could just delete this thread entirely?
    Again, I am very sorry to have managed to upset you & Amelia.

I'm really sorry, and I hate that I seem to have gotten on your bad side.
    It was not my intention of bumping the thread, I just was apologizing.

As for my profile, I just completed it.

I don't know you, so you have not gotten on my bad side. Who you are is not a problem (or, if it is, I don't know it), but what you are specifically doing is a problem.

You were not just apologizing. Please don't insult my intelligence or the intelligence of the members of these forums. You were also promoting some BS about exclusive contests you were going to do to promote Clint on another site. We just gave away Sisters of Mercy tickets here this past week, so, if Clint wanted to do something, he could approach me. Clint might not be a seminal band, but I'm usually down for promoting people in the scene.

I'm absolutely not insulting your intelligence.
    I swear that is not what I was doing. I am sorry that I even mentioned that.
    If I could figure out how to message you privately I would...
    I don't want to keep things going in this thread.
    As it is obvious that some things I have said were taken the wrong way
    I'd really like it if this entire thread could just go away. lol

That's easy. Just press Alt+F4 and it all magically disappears

I'd really like it if this entire thread could just go away. lol
    don't worry about it, when folks are here to genuinely participate in the community we're usually pretty easy going about things.

I'm still here for example.

...but, then again there's Bikerpunk

Ajax Knucklebones's Avatar God fearing atheist

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Friendly
    don't worry about it, when folks are here to genuinely participate in the community we're usually pretty easy going about things.

I'm still here for example.

...but, then again there's Bikerpunk
    You're easy going on this forum? HAHAHAHAHA! Jesus, if this is your version of easy going, I'd hate to see you on a bad day

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

easygoing?......................well, we all seem to have a good sense of humor

Thistle Harlequin's Avatar Oldschool Member

He's a very unique friend of mine, I love that guy... Actually, that's how I met Forrest & Amelia, Clint introduced us at some Gallery/Art Show, if my mind suits me correctly, and Clint was like "This is Thistle, he wants to take his clothes off for your magazine" and the rest is history...lol

soma_stardust's Avatar ~soul-eating model~

never heard of him... but now i have so um... despite the fuck-ups, i guess... it was a good thing? o.O
    ****** is my friend for this sort of thing.
    maybe a more respectful approach would have been
    "this dude's awesome." and from the ensuing conversation about him, a curios person would just do the ****** thing.
    (which is pretty much what i expected upon entering the thread ^.^; )

Quote Originally Posted by soma_stardust
    never heard of him... but now i have so um... despite the fuck-ups, i guess... it was a good thing? o.O
    google is my friend for this sort of thing.
    maybe a more respectful approach would have been
    "this dude's awesome." and from the ensuing conversation about him, a curios person would just do the ****** thing.
    (which is pretty much what i expected upon entering the thread ^.^; )
    I am notorious for fucking things up. lol.
    Glad to have brought CC to you attention though.
    He's a wonderful, kindhearted & talented individual.

My only intention was to spread the good word.
    ****** is my friend too & I am sure you already found his ********* ****.
    Clint sends me fairly regular updates to add there, so it's a good place to learn more about all that he has done & continues to do.

BTW - you, soma_stardust, are an absolute doll. ♥

Quote Originally Posted by Thistle Harlequin
    He's a very unique friend of mine, I love that guy... Actually, that's how I met Forrest & Amelia, Clint introduced us at some Gallery/Art Show, if my mind suits me correctly, and Clint was like "This is Thistle, he wants to take his clothes off for your magazine" and the rest is history...lol
    I think that everyone who has ever came into contact with Clint loves him.
    Unless they are messed up in the head....
    In which case, their loss. lol

I'm messed up in my Clint and I hate head.

Now go and post on other threads too... Somehow you convinced me of your claims that it wasn't intentional, BUT then again you still keep bumping this thread. What does that say? Are you maybe secretly in love with head? I mean Clint.

I am notorious for fucking things up. lol.
    Glad to have brought CC to you attention though.
    He's a wonderful, kindhearted & talented individual.

My only intention was to spread the good word.
    ****** is my friend too & I am sure you already found his ********* ****.
    Clint sends me fairly regular updates to add there, so it's a good place to learn more about all that he has done & continues to do.

BTW - you, soma_stardust, are an absolute doll. ♥

Wow, you are still doing it. What is wrong with you that you can't approach other human being as people, without pimping whatever your little assignment is? Is it really your intention to get his name to autostar out like some spam prescription? I promise you that, if I didn't know him personally, his name would already be on the spam list.

Mindgames's Avatar A guy who makes girls

Let's go with the "join in other threads" idea, shall we?

If you can lever Clint into a conversation about vampires, evolution or the merits of footwear as a political commentary, then we'll get your motives. If not, this thread will just rot into the rest of the junk in Promo and we'll all forget about it - which is what you're asking us to do.

When you poke a tiger with a stick and notice a reaction, it's best not to stand around and say sorry 20 times, especially "S.. O.. R.. R.. Y..". Back up and join the rest of us throwing food at the penguins.

soma_stardust's Avatar ~soul-eating model~

we can't say the g-word either? D:
    whyyyyyy? now i feel like a tard.

+ Reply to Thread