+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Your thoughts on the canditates?

Default Your thoughts on the canditates?

I hate george bush and dick chaney. for obvious reasons.

john edwards seems ok, but I dont really like john kerry.

ralph nator(sp) I dont really know any info on him.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Default Re: Your thoughts on the canditates?

It's all a powerplay at this point...Bush has my vote for a variety of reasons, though at this point i'd vote republican just out of spite. Haven't been all that crazy about the Democrate's as of late...they feel more elitest and "old boys club" than the republicans these days and that's sad.

It's a bit disheartening to see the campeign go from Iraq, Healthcare, Ecenomics to..."was he or was he not in nam?" and "was he or was he not in the fucking boat?"

NO ONE CARES...really...lets be honest...YOU AS AN AMERICAN...what's more important? Good economy? Security? Low gas prices? or old war records?

Man I'd move to Canada if it wasen't for the fact that'd make me Canadian...and no one wants that. Plus I don't think a mexican can survive up there.

corachaos's Avatar Dorky Girl

/rant on

George Bush is systematically dismantling this country, revoking our freedoms (mmmm fascism), lowing taxed (but only for the rich), destroying social security (well, there's nothing left anyway.), healthcare (even though there are more old folks here than young now-a-days, and 40% of the country has zero health insurance), and infrastructure (highway funds? I usually fly so...). And making sure that public schools have no money (That's really a local situation.). He is spending trillions on a war about oil, yet oil prices are higher now than they have been in years. How about that service record? Ha! Daddy always did pay his way out of everything. Oh, and hey, what about those Bible study groups at the white house everyone is "encouraged" to attend. Even if they are Jewish. (Church and state, anyone?) Top that with misstatements about wishing the US was a dictatorship and other little gems, Bush makes Nixon look like a kitten.

At this point, I would vote for anyone but Bush. So, Kerry it is. He's At least a bit more bi-partisan, has some fair ideas, and will focus on trying to duct-tape this country and it's global reputation back together. And his Vice President isn't a psychopath.

/rant off

darki's Avatar darki must die

I'm in europe, from over here bush looks just like cartman.
    I guess you guys should kick his ass and don't believe in all his propaganda.
    (the truth is NOT in the TV !)

Dead_Fukin_Last's Avatar Member

FUCK GEORGE BUSH!!!!!!!!!!!!

TheQuietPlace's Avatar The Delivery Expert

Too young to vote. So I have NO room to talk about this subject

Quote Originally Posted by TheQuietPlace
    Too young to vote. So I have NO room to talk about this subject
    As if a vote oustide of the elctoral college really mattered, aside from the popular vote.

Anyways, All the president and election stuff is mainly controlled by an organization known as -= FRAGMENT MISSING =-

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

im voting for kerry because he isnt bush but i dont like him very much isnt that fucking sad

Same place but I have been just about everywhere inbetween

I'm just glad I don't live in the US...it's pretty disgusting the US political system

Quote Originally Posted by CPRB
    I'm just glad I don't live in the US...it's pretty disgusting the US political system
    Yep

Hula Hoop Supervisor

It has it's bright spots too...I like Canada and all...visited many times...but I wouldn't live anywhere else. Even at it's worst...Americans tend to shine on and surprise.

I simply take comfort in the fact so many types of views can go back and forth on the seats of power...and that no ONE view dominates. It's a constant state of revolution...one that will go on and on since at it's heart this is a nation of dreamers, patriots, idealists, and right said bastards.

Heheh...It's a hell of a country. Plus it's only a disgusting political system if you let it go unchecked or unrivaled to either extreme.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by Dead_Fukin_Last
    FUCK GEORGE BUSH!!!!!!!!!!!!
    He's not my type...

well it can be whatever it wants but everyone else wants to have a democracy like it....and it doens't work for everyone...it makes me sad and scared to watch to politicians sling mud and spin on each other so vicously....

I'm just glad I don't have to vote yet. I'm also glad I don't have to vote in the States.... is there an equivalent to the Green Party over there?

uh yeah ever heard of ralph nader?

I didn't follow politics closely last time round. I'm not really following them very closely this time either. I'm just hoping that Bush doesn't win...

Hula Hoop Supervisor

well it can be whatever it wants but everyone else wants to have a democracy like it....and it doens't work for everyone...it makes me sad and scared to watch to politicians sling mud and spin on each other so vicously....
    Well when it gets out of hand to the point it distracts from the whole point of it all...yeah it's pretty pathetic. But when handled just right it adds a lot of fun and excitement to it all.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by franziska
    I'm just glad I don't have to vote yet. I'm also glad I don't have to vote in the States.... is there an equivalent to the Green Party over there?
    Yeah...it's a massive joke but yeah it's here.

Even though it calls itself a Democracy, the closest to that that America is is a Republic. They even say so in the pledge of alliegance, and also in the politics.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by BrightStar
    Even though it calls itself a Democracy, the closest to that that America is is a Republic. They even say so in the pledge of alliegance, and also in the politics.
    Republic

CeruleanFire's Avatar Senior Member

Im not too fond of anyone running, but I know Im not believing in the president we have now, with his war on Iraq, and the whole WMD that noone can seem to find. I wonder if the kids that died over really needed to be there? where is the rest of the world in helping if its such a global threat? people here are hungry, sick, have no health insurance, poor school systems, cant get a job. I dont think I like any of the candidates. To me it seems all about smearing the other candidates name, and not what they are going to do, to help US, and not so much whats going on in the damn middle east. who freakin cares...Ive seen enough people here needing help...time to worry about us for a while...

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

Quote Originally Posted by BrightStar
    I hate george bush and dick chaney. for obvious reasons.

john edwards seems ok, but I dont really like john kerry.

ralph nator(sp) I dont really know any info on him.
    Id have voted Nadar, but he isnt on the ballot in AZ;[

So Kerry it is!

I hate all of them I hope they all fall off the face fo the earth fuck the Gov.!!!!

DyingSunshine's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow
    I hate all of them I hope they all fall off the face fo the earth fuck the Gov.!!!!

It's easy to say fuck the government.. but there has to be one in place, or else we'd all be dead. I for one like being alive.. as shitty as live may be sometimes.. it's what you make of it. I'm proud to be American. As fucked up as this country may appear at times, we have it made. I can't stand Bush for more than a couple reasons. I don't know.. call me crazy.. I have some faith in Kerry, given the choices we have.

If you're old enough.. VOTE. Don't waste what we fought for.

Jasperino's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tequila Zaire
    It has it's bright spots too...I like Canada and all...visited many times...but I wouldn't live anywhere else. Even at it's worst...Americans tend to shine on and surprise.

I simply take comfort in the fact so many types of views can go back and forth on the seats of power...and that no ONE view dominates. It's a constant state of revolution...one that will go on and on since at it's heart this is a nation of dreamers, patriots, idealists, and right said bastards.

Heheh...It's a hell of a country. Plus it's only a disgusting political system if you let it go unchecked or unrivaled to either extreme.
    Damn straight! I salute you. I wish more americans took that stance.
    Agree or not, this is our country and the only reason anyone can talk shit about it is because it's so great.

I'm voting for Kerry only because I hate Bush. I think Kerry rides the fence too much in an effort to please everybody; I wish he'd take a firmer stand for what he believes in..... The extremists don't get elected, so he's playing it safe. However, I fear for WWIII if Bush is reelected. I'm ashamed to have a moron like Bush as leader of our country.....

hadji's Avatar Junior Member

I'm voting for Kerry this time just for the one reason that I hate W. But I think that Kerry will have his hands full if he gets it. It might be a better idea to let bush get this time around just to see him fall on his face. Anyhow, I don't care who wins this time but I'm voting for Hillary Next time.

Quote Originally Posted by hadji
    I'm voting for Kerry this time just for the one reason that I hate W. But I think that Kerry will have his hands full if he gets it. It might be a better idea to let bush get this time around just to see him fall on his face. Anyhow, I don't care who wins this time but I'm voting for Hillary Next time.
    Hadji? From Johnny Quest?
    P.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by macabrette
    I'm voting for Kerry only because I hate Bush. I think Kerry rides the fence too much in an effort to please everybody; I wish he'd take a firmer stand for what he believes in..... The extremists don't get elected, so he's playing it safe. However, I fear for WWIII if Bush is reelected. I'm ashamed to have a moron like Bush as leader of our country.....
    It already is...every major nation is tied to a struggle against radical fundementalists in some way, shape, or form. It's easy just to label them as terrorrists but at heart these are organizations who fight and die like the IRA of old for a variety of reasons...it's gonna be long and bloody and it began long before Bush and will continue long after...your kids kids will be fighting this conflict if severe action is not maintained.

I'd like to be idealistic and think the enemy in this case can be talked to with reason and calm...but that's just not the case. You have some truely dedicated killers gunning for people...and the easier the victims the better. Look at the school hostage situation in russia...

What bothers me the most is that lack of public belief that what we see in troubled areas of the world can't easily occur in Anytown U.S.A To even think that one is labeled parinoid and buying into hysteria. Yet history has shown time and time again such threats can and do occur...it's always a slow burn too. I have family who work in the government and their has not been a month before and after 9-11 that threats to them have not been made in some way. The buildings they work in are routinely threatened with bombing...and NONE of it has ever made the news...but I get the calls all the time telling me "Not to worry...that everyone is out of the building OK."...not a fun way to live I tell you that. It's not jsut from radical muslims too...it's from across the board of the "fundementalist rainbow".

Make no mistake...this IS WWII and it began the second the cold war ended.

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

Quote Originally Posted by DyingSunshine
    It's easy to say fuck the government.. but there has to be one in place, or else we'd all be dead. I for one like being alive.. as shitty as live may be sometimes.. it's what you make of it. I'm proud to be American. As fucked up as this country may appear at times, we have it made. I can't stand Bush for more than a couple reasons. I don't know.. call me crazy.. I have some faith in Kerry, given the choices we have.

If you're old enough.. VOTE. Don't waste what we fought for.
    The one thing that REALLY pisses me off about alot of Americans is they are too busy bitching about our country instead of trying to make it better. Well, get off your lazy asses, quit complaining and get out there and vote! Participate and change things. Educate people, help voters register, do SOMETHING. I hate Bush, and have been doing all I can to get out there and get support for Kerry, and if everyone did that, maybe things would change.

well believe it or not....Jeferson was very much influenced by the Republic of corsica...to get a better explanation about it I would suggest the book VOLTAIRES BASTARDS by JOHN RAULSTON SAUL. But anyhow Jeferson greatly admired the Republic model for democratic process. Everything should be agreed apon by the people and put through by the represetitives not before the matter was debated and all angles of ideas were expelled and let to mingle in the minds of the people. Unfortuneatly in Canada we have a Senate as well, all democracies do, in canad though our senate is powerless and is just a place to put party members who two the party line, instead of politicians who want to deal with the ideas of parliment and decide if they are worth ratifying the ideas and laws. In the states at least they try to do something with it, in England the had the House of Lords, it was abunch of rich people but teh thing was, the didn't give a fuck about what other people thought if the felt it was swrong that spam cans were not opening right they dam well debated it and fuck what anbody else thought...no worries about towing the party line they just went back to thier castle..but at least things were debated and opinions heard. as for the US election this year, I think Bush unfortuneatly is going to win it, he is a master lair and he uses words and ideas that are sacred to all humans and other that are to some but still important people and the uses lies to get his way and word like trust, respect freedom, god and holds his head up even higher after he lies. Kerry is trying to do things right, if anything I think the fact he actually faught in Vietm\nam and becasue of teh horrors he saw became an Anti war protestor has alot more valuse and realness to it the a Sunday flyer(national guard airforce). He did something and learned from it and made a decision. Bush is a frat boy, thing that gets me is if you had read magazines such as harpers or the econimist before teh whole micheal moore thing and when he was justa business man....why the fuck would anyonme vote for such a shitty buiness man, in the world of the global economy Bush would be the last man on earth I would want brokering a deal..he needs saudi money just to keep him form being bankrupt and thats' pretty sad

graecona's Avatar Member

...Bush sucks...

+ Reply to Thread