+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Happy 10th Anniversary Release the Bats

Default Happy 10th Anniversary Release the Bats

[google]32[/google]

Blue Blood sponsored an awful lot of events this Halloween, but the one I was saddest to miss personally, because I had to work, was the Release the Bats 10 Year Anniversary party. When Release the Bats started in 1998, Shane Talada wrote in his Anorexic Press zine, "It is with complete and utter disregard for all that is established, and with murderous intent we seek to tear down and rebuild a part of the underground movement that became institutionalized by greed." ...
    Read the full article

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: Happy 10th Anniversary Release the Bats

Congrats to Release The Bats, Blueblood, and all the great performers that have played there over the years. This anniversary is truly an inspiration for many of us out here. We won't let the undeath fade away. Keep up the great work! Look forward to 20

OEC

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Quote Originally Posted by One Eyed Cat
    Congrats to Release The Bats, Blueblood, and all the great performers that have played there over the years. This anniversary is truly an inspiration for many of us out here. We won't let the undeath fade away. Keep up the great work! Look forward to 20

OEC

I was thinking of you and our PM convo when I wrote this.

VoltaireBlue's Avatar just is

wish I could have been there.

Quote Originally Posted by Amelia G
    I was thinking of you and our PM convo when I wrote this.
    Thanks. That means a lot to me. It's a rough go starting up in this environment. The economy is brutal and you meet up with resistance where you least expect it. I'll definitely be thinking of you guys as we get our sails up for 2009 + soon raise a glass to some great folks who are known to rock down the house.

OEC

Quote Originally Posted by VoltaireBlue
    wish I could have been there.
    Yeah that would have been sweet. It's pretty amazing what they've accomplished there.

OEC

darkamor's Avatar Member
    U.K. (Dover) / O.C.(behind the orange curtain)

It is - RELEASE THE BATS has lasted longer than Krypt, Zombie Zoo, Happi Haus, Kintrol Facktory, Scream, FUCK, Sin-o-Matic, Vampiricus (Linda Lasabre's Club also @ Que Sara Sara) Wake, .... in my book it's lasted longer than Helter Skelter (and the "yawn" offshoot clubs the evil empire tried and failed at later on) ....

It's not just 10 years, it's 10 years with the same venue (and that truly is a milestone) .... no Los Angeles or Orange County or San Diego or San Fransisco Club has managed to do this ....

~(^)~

Quote Originally Posted by darkamor
    It is - RELEASE THE BATS has lasted longer than Krypt, Zombie Zoo, Happi Haus, Kintrol Facktory, Scream, FUCK, Sin-o-Matic, Vampiricus (Linda Lasabre's Club also @ Que Sara Sara) Wake, .... in my book it's lasted longer than Helter Skelter (and the "yawn" offshoot clubs the evil empire tried and failed at later on) ....

It's not just 10 years, it's 10 years with the same venue (and that truly is a milestone) .... no Los Angeles or Orange County or San Diego or San Fransisco Club has managed to do this ....

~(^)~
    True. I frequented a number of Bay Area clubs. That is beyond amazing to last at one venue for that long.

OEC

+ Reply to Thread