+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Should food animals have enough room to move around?

Bedlamite

Default Re: Should food animals have enough room to move around?

Quote Originally Posted by Raza
    Nice phrasing there. Should sex slaves be able to demand condom-usage?
    Do you make YOUR sex-slaves wear condoms? Are you going to eat them? Do you prefer your sex slaves stashed in a musty basement, or would you like them to be able to wander through your house and front lawn half-naked?

Most importantly, if YOU DO have sex slaves, where would one sign up?

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory
    well, no offense but why should anyone give a shit about what you think when the basis of your argument is "purely selfish"?

we have this thing called a society, when you are ready to join it, then your opinion regarding what other people can do will be taken into consideration.
    I see what you guys are saying and I even concede the point the WA was making. But I found the way that it was phrased to be juvenile and obnoxious, so I responded, perhaps too harshly and equally immature, with hostility.
    You know MG, I'm not really in the least bit offended. In the resent few months you've been consistently hostile, immature, and seeming to look for a reason to 'go off' on someone's wrong (in your eyes) opinion. Its way beyond the normal point of message board debate, and you're to busy looking for a reason to push the read button.

I think everyone else pretty much covered the rest of it. Exept this:

One could make the same argument that what is in the best interest of the commercial farmers is for them to treat the animals in such a way that maximizes their profit, and so it could then be asked what makes your interest more valid than theirs
    I just... don't see how your line of logic follows, exept if you are trying to follow the individual selfishness down to a hairline fracture in the exoskeleton of a sugar-ant.

Selfish in terms of the health of myself and other humans follows that I'd like to see my food being treated in a way as healthy as possible. Lets say for a moment we weren't talking about moo-cows and cute little piggies. Lets say its our Soy Bean crop.

Do I want the crop to be genetically mutated, covered with the sort of chemicals that cause birth defects, or grown in irradiated soil? No, and its sure as hell not because I'm worried about the feelings of the plant. I'm worried about the crap I'm putting in my body. So I'd rather see something raised in a natural, chemical free environment.

Quote Originally Posted by Wickedanima
    Do you make YOUR sex-slaves wear condoms? Are you going to eat them? Do you prefer your sex slaves stashed in a musty basement, or would you like them to be able to wander through your house and front lawn half-naked?

Most importantly, if YOU DO have sex slaves, where would one sign up?
    Oh, you know how it goes. Your mom tells you're too young to stay up till 11 for that concert so you run away from home, but after a night or at your friends' place they start calling there and you take up habitat in a cardboard box in some back alley. Turns out it was the wrong alley as you wake up with your arms and legs amputated and a label around your neck bearing a number signifying the length of your tongue, being dressed up and having your makeup done by some bright red haired weirdo. At that point, if I find you particularly cute, maybe you'll never get to the auction?

jonny.illuminati's Avatar hasn't slept for days

Oh, you know how it goes. Your mom tells you're too young to stay up till 11 for that concert so you run away from home, but after a night or at your friends' place they start calling there and you take up habitat in a cardboard box in some back alley. Turns out it was the wrong alley as you wake up with your arms and legs amputated and a label around your neck bearing a number signifying the length of your tongue, being dressed up and having your makeup done by some bright red haired weirdo. At that point, if I find you particularly cute, maybe you'll never get to the auction?

LMAO!

Bedlamite

... That's so creative! ^_^

"If you tell people the truth, make them laugh; otherwise they'll kill you."

DonkeyMoses's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Karl
    in a way though, it seems kinda cruel to give a food animal a nice life and then do it in, at least if it was haveing a shitty life you could at least see it as putting it out of it's misery.
    That's a bit like hitting someone repeatedly with a hammer so it will feel good when you stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Karl
    of course I dream of the day when all we need to eat is a paste made up of synthetic food and then all those farm animals will become obsolete thus completely depriving them of any chance of a life..........now is that cruel?

bah........food
    Yay! Bachelor Chow!

VoltaireBlue's Avatar just is

"If you tell people the truth, make them laugh; otherwise they'll kill you."
    haha! this is so damned true!

DonkeyMoses's Avatar Senior Member

Though sometimes they laugh and then want to kill you anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by DonkeyMoses
    Though sometimes they laugh and then want to kill you anyway.
    ah, you understand my character completely.

+ Reply to Thread