+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Your favourite recepies.

Default Your favourite recepies.

(Veggies thread made me do it!)

Many people asked me why don't I work as a chef. Honestly I don't know why not...

I'll start of with a simple one to give you all a inspiration.

Simple pasta sauce.

Boils some tomatoes. Crush cashew nuts into powder. Now put some olive oil on the pan. Put some garlic, onions (not necessary) and powdered cashew nuts on it to gain a bit of color. then put peeled and crushed tomatoes in the pan and ad spices by your likings. Just oregano and pepper works fine for me.

And that's it... Good tip if tomatoes are too sour is to add a little bit of sugar to balance it out.

Now if you want you can take it to the next level. Mix up pasta of your choice and the sauce you made and put it in the fire resistant form and add some soy beans in it. Slice mozzarella on top of it and put it in a oven for a half an hour. 5 minutes before it's done mix one egg with little bit of sour cream and cover it. When the toping hardens it's ready for massacre.

Salad is a must in any of my meals but I'll leave a recepy to one of you to write!

VoltaireBlue's Avatar just is

Default Re: Your favourite recepies.

no offense, but if you made that at my house, you'd be shot, lol I'm half italian, and mostly cook at home. I'm super picky about authenticity. but, hey to each thier own. your recipe is pretty nutritious and has a lot of protien in it with the nuts and soybeans.
    let me look some of my recipes up, and i'll see what I feel like sharing......

Ajax Knucklebones's Avatar God fearing atheist

Quote Originally Posted by VoltaireBlue
    no offense, but if you made that at my house, you'd be shot, lol I'm half italian, and mostly cook at home. I'm super picky about authenticity. but, hey to each thier own. your recipe is pretty nutritious and has a lot of protien in it with the nuts and soybeans.
    let me look some of my recipes up, and i'll see what I feel like sharing......
    I'm with you Voltaire. My extended family is 100% Italian. They'd kill Olix if he served that to him. What I've found about sauce is do what you can to get rid of the acidity of the tomatoes and add lots of garlic. My father-in-law makes the best gravy I've ever tasted! My wifey is finally getting that recipe down pat. It only took her 12 years to make it correct. THAT'S how good it is.

Remind me not to make food at your house

I understand you about authenticity, but I love to experiment and make new things from all I have learned so long.

Looking forward to new stuff to learn. Specially when it's about food ^^

Quote Originally Posted by OliX
    Remind me not to make food at your house

I understand you about authenticity, but I love to experiment and make new things from all I have learned so long.

Looking forward to new stuff to learn. Specially when it's about food ^^
    I understand your point, but these sauce recipes have been around for eons. Screw with them and you lose a hand...To the cause.

its not marinara without garlic. everyone wants my recipe for red sauce. I never give it out. not even to my own mother. I can it and give it away at xmass time, but only to family. its THAT good.

its not marinara without garlic. everyone wants my recipe for red sauce. I never give it out. not even to my own mother. I can it and give it away at xmass time, but only to family. its THAT good.
    Haha! I know exactly what you mean. Give out the recipe to "others" and you might see your first born disappear. Haha!

Not fair. -.-

Btw half teaspoon of sugar removes acidity from tomatoes. That's if you buy already crushed tomatoes but if you cook them your self you don't have so much problem with it

Hell...I had to marry into it before I saw the recipe. Marry an Italian if you want a "Shit...I've never tasted ANYTHING as good as that sauce before" recipe. Haha! Americans can say what they want about great New York Italian cuisine ( and I grew up on LI and ate plenty of times in NYC), but until I tried my father-in-laws stuff, I had no idea sauce could be this good.

Oh yes it can It has to do with the timing and order of putting things in to the pan. Anyway, home kitchen is almost always better than dining out.

For that matter I want to marry Indian ballet dancer. Indian for food and ballet for bed

new york italian isn't real italian food, its ameritalian. I learned from my grandfather who was born in bari, puglia, italy. I like REAL italian food.

new york italian isn't real italian food, its ameritalian. I learned from my grandfather who was born in bari, puglia, italy. I like REAL italian food.
    That's the same for ANY food served in America unless it started here.

Pizza bottom that looks like bread slice isn't cool at all.... Look what you americans have made of Pizza

if that's the case, then I'm just not a fan of most new york style italian food. I can make better food at home than every italian restaurant I've ever been to.

Quote Originally Posted by OliX
    Pizza bottom that looks like bread slice isn't cool at all.... Look what you americans have made of Pizza
    Domino's?

if that's the case, then I'm just not a fan of most new york style italian food. I can make better food at home than every italian restaurant I've ever been to.
    I do like NY pizza though....Americanized or not...I love real NY pizza. You know...The kind you only get in NY...Not where a restaurant out of NY says real authentic NY pizza...Please....

there's one of those here. its nasty.

I got a million of those where I live and only ONE comes close. The rest suck.

Somehow they think if it's flat, round and cut into 8 pieces than it's real NY pizza....No....That's just pizza. Sad pizza at that.

Dusk's Avatar Senior Member

I start with a butter cake, add white chock-chips, add blue food coloring to the cake mix and icing. It turns your mouth blue but its worth it.

+ Reply to Thread