Closed Thread

Thread: How old are you? Age? How many years? In dog years? etc.

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Default How old are you? Age? How many years? In dog years? etc.

People, please knock it off with the threads about age.

I really don't want to have to deal with age discrimination legal problems.

And, frankly, I think people should figure out each other's ages from cultural references and not from stamping numbers on their foreheads. Blue Blood is for a sophisticated audience, so my guess is that the average age here is higher than someone might guess from how darn cool we are. Yes, if someone has to stay out of the erotica forum because they are not of legal age in their community yet, you may get an extra clue on their age. But really, it is unhealthy to be obsessing on age. Time waits for no man. Every day we don't pursue an important oppotunity is another day we get closer to death without achieving our dreams. But let's not concentrate on that here, m'kay?

I'm going to ammend the FAQ to include information about this, but I just got back from Vegas and I am tuckered out.

2. The following people thank you for your post:

The Following User Says Thank You to Amelia G For This Useful Post:

ForrestBlack (04-12-2010)

Default Re: How old are you? Age? How many years? In dog years? etc.

22... am i legal?

Same place but I have been just about everywhere inbetween

das comedant! welcome back

Roughly 140 Years old.

HempKnight's Avatar Large Member

Older than my teeth but not my tongue.

bre.star's Avatar Senior Member

If my calculations are right, I am 119 years old in doggy years

Yes , I think age increasingly is becoming so irrelevant - I was talking to a guy last night who could easily be 15 years younger than me..I couldn't believe his attitude towards gays and non-Christians..He was from Tennesse..but jeez..
    And I met a younger girl at club ( a shitty place called Prey) last month who was so horrified and shocked when I mentioned Bar Sinister/Boardners -
    P.

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

Im three and a half years old, yipeeeee!...

Sceptic_Messiah's Avatar Senior Member

im 19 but im in England so im all legal

I think this sticky is my fault, I wanted to know how old everyone is and tried to post a thread on it. I am a naughty, naughty Nautilus.

Quote Originally Posted by Nautilus
    I think this sticky is my fault, I wanted to know how old everyone is and tried to post a thread on it. I am a naughty, naughty Nautilus.
    A spanking might be in order, but for some reason, I think you would like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nautilus
    You can accept spankings all around if you like, but age was becoming a recurring theme. I'm not nuts about direct discussion on that topic and I think there could be issues of age discrimination if posters of a particular age felt favored or not favored because people knew their age. So I'd rather skip it.

I know how old a bunch of the posters on here are and I am all in favor of people being both wise and cool. If everyone who hit age 23 mainstreamed, that would be a scary statement about certain lifestyle choices. I think that as people post, real age generally becomes apparent.

Obviously, some people just don't develop as fast as they should, but I don't really like reading posts scolding someone who is 21 for acting like they are 19 either. But, if someone posts like they are 19, who cares if they are really 21?

Basically, I would like people to be accepted and liked here because they have something intelligent, kind, provocative, sensual, insightful, or otherwise interesting to say. And not because a certain percentage of the people reading think it is perfect to be 28 or 38 or 18. And not because they are really mature for whatever age they claim to be. Make sense?

Quote Originally Posted by AmeliaG
    You can accept spankings all around if you like, but age was becoming a recurring theme. I'm not nuts about direct discussion on that topic and I think there could be issues of age discrimination if posters of a particular age felt favored or not favored because people knew their age. So I'd rather skip it.

I know how old a bunch of the posters on here are and I am all in favor of people being both wise and cool. If everyone who hit age 23 mainstreamed, that would be a scary statement about certain lifestyle choices. I think that as people post, real age generally becomes apparent.

Obviously, some people just don't develop as fast as they should, but I don't really like reading posts scolding someone who is 21 for acting like they are 19 either. But, if someone posts like they are 19, who cares if they are really 21?

Basically, I would like people to be accepted and liked here because they have something intelligent, kind, provocative, sensual, insightful, or otherwise interesting to say. And not because a certain percentage of the people reading think it is perfect to be 28 or 38 or 18. And not because they are really mature for whatever age they claim to be. Make sense?

Amelia-just wanted to say I appreciate the comments you make here..yes, as I'm no doubt one of the older people here..I've found- with age -ironically enough- -that I meet people who may chronologically be 19 -but are so much mature than people I know in their 30s or 40s--
    And I met people who are like 28 who might as well be in an old folks as far as their outlook on life goes..
    And as far as 'mainstreaming' goes..we all do to a degree- but there are different ways to mainstream--
    The idea is to stay creative, make life fresh--etc, etc.
    look at Bukowski or Burroughs who'd fit in here perfectly..
    cheers, P.

K_SyniculOne's Avatar Member

I am also one of the 'older' members of this group, and since joining BlueBlood, I look forward to the message threads and comments posted. This is one of the best sites that I have participated in. It does not matter if you are 18, 28, 38 or beyond : As long as you have the ability to convey your ideas, thoughts and discussions with tact, courtesy and respect, then how old you are should not be the main focus. The thing I love about this site is that everyone is candid about what they want to say and how they want to express their views : No drama, no bullshit, which is how a site should be! The bottom line is we can learn from each other no matter what age category we fit into...

MidniteCliche's Avatar Senior Member

...old enough to know better, but young enough to still not care.

countessnichole's Avatar Wicca, Friend, Lover.

21 here and not getting any younger.

hewhoisagod's Avatar Captain Obvious

24............ and aging beautifully

Read the whole post and not just the title please.

Closed Thread