+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Home vs. Outside World

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Default Home vs. Outside World

Do you spend more time at home or more time outside your home? Whichever the answer is, would you change the ratio if you could?

Bikerpunk's Avatar Ill-intentioned bad apple

Default Re: Home vs. Outside World

Home.

I want to engineer my life so I only ever leave it to go biking somewhere.

Right now I'm working 70 hour weeks and enjoying the hell out of myself, and sleeping the rest of the time. I guess I'm at a 50/50 split.
    I'd like to keep that split but work in time to paint my warhammer minis (home) and more time in LA (away).

nathanmbailey's Avatar Batteries not included

12 on 12 off, so I spend about an hour more out of my room. Unless I decide to lift, then it's like 16 hours a day outside my room. I say room because, well, I have no house anyway.

I'd rather not leave unless I'm going to do something fun. I want that ratio to be like 18 to 6 at the house.

Bedlamite

Home. I rather enjoy being at home, although I'd happily change the location of it. I like to have alot of quiet time... and I'd probably change that my boyfriend could be home more often (to a certain degree) if he desired it.

Holly D's Avatar Junior Member

I spend most of my time at home. Although I love going out, shopping, clubbing, cinema etc, nothing beats cuddling up at home on the sofa with my bf and my dogs!

Head Wreck's Avatar Dai the Llama

outside world.

but the outside world does not have links to the greater outside world and phonecalls to my girlfriend get fucking expensive

Home, mostly because it's too cold to go outside and I'm pretty anti-social. I would like to get out more but the social anxiety kinda ruins that

mystoo's Avatar Pirate Hooker

Home. And work. Sometimes I get the two confused. If I had more money I'd definitely go out more but that's not likely to happen anytime soon. There's not a whole lot to do if you don't have cash.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

work and traffic take a lot out of the day, but other then that I like to spend it at home.........................my god, I'm becoming domesticated....................mooooo

Home, home, home. Though I do go out there for class (1 - 3 hours) , work (0 - 7 hours) and food (1 hour).

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

If you are homeless the outside world is your home.

Nos's Avatar Senior Member

Home for right now. When I get done with school, I won't be home at all.

Ajax Knucklebones's Avatar God fearing atheist

Quote Originally Posted by LeilaHazlett
    Home, mostly because it's too cold to go outside and I'm pretty anti-social. I would like to get out more but the social anxiety kinda ruins that
    I hear ya!

soma_stardust's Avatar ~soul-eating model~

home. and yes i would change the ratio...
    i have this wanderlust.... but it's overridden by my fear of... um... everything.

I would like to get out more but the social anxiety kinda ruins that

VoltaireBlue's Avatar just is

a fair mix of home and work. I go out sometimes, but I don't always like being social. not from anxiety, but because the nature of my job is to talk and be nice to people(strangers), and sometimes I just don't have the patience to do it for free. I hate bars with music that's so loud you have to shout over it. if I wanted to shout over loud music, I'd go to work....... but yeah, I have my favorite watering holes around town.

Quote Originally Posted by VoltaireBlue
    a fair mix of home and work. I go out sometimes, but I don't always like being social. not from anxiety, but because the nature of my job is to talk and be nice to people(strangers), and sometimes I just don't have the patience to do it for free. I hate bars with music that's so loud you have to shout over it. if I wanted to shout over loud music, I'd go to work....... but yeah, I have my favorite watering holes around town.
    ***because the nature of my job is to talk and be nice to people(strangers), and sometimes I just don't have the patience to do it for free.***

Although we have two entirely different occupations, I know exactly what you mean. I talk enough to strangers while I'm at work. Outside of work, I just don't have the patience or the care to do it.

I'm so bad that if I happen to see my customers outside of my job, I keep my head down and walk right by them like I don't see them, just so I don't have to talk shop with them.

My time is my time.

VoltaireBlue's Avatar just is

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax Knucklebones
    ***because the nature of my job is to talk and be nice to people(strangers), and sometimes I just don't have the patience to do it for free.***

Although we have two entirely different occupations, I know exactly what you mean. I talk enough to strangers while I'm at work. Outside of work, I just don't have the patience or the care to do it.

I'm so bad that if I happen to see my customers outside of my job, I keep my head down and walk right by them like I don't see them, just so I don't have to talk shop with them.

My time is my time.
    that is exactly how I feel, and I am sometimes very selfish with my time. I'm also not opposed to telling someone (politely the first time) that I don't feel like talking to them.

mystoo's Avatar Pirate Hooker

Quote Originally Posted by VoltaireBlue
    a fair mix of home and work. I go out sometimes, but I don't always like being social. not from anxiety, but because the nature of my job is to talk and be nice to people(strangers), and sometimes I just don't have the patience to do it for free.
    This is why I could never work retail again. I absolutely cannot fake being nice anymore. I'd get my ass fired in a second.

Quote Originally Posted by mystoo
    This is why I could never work retail again. I absolutely cannot fake being nice anymore. I'd get my ass fired in a second.
    I'm a fuckin' pro at it. It's just acting. Playing a part. When I'm off the clock though, I'm me. The real me. The real me doesn't like all the talky, talky with strangers....Too much like work. Too much like acting.

Bedlamite

I get worse and worse and worse at pretending to be friendly in public when I don't freaking feel like it. I think I need a quieter job. ^_^

+ Reply to Thread