+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Another new member

Default Another new member

Hi everyone, I've always really liked Blue Blood website, especially what it stand for.

I was raised by a Christian family, so of course things such as nudity, huge or multiple tattoo, unusual piercing, and odd taste in fashion are extremely unusual and often considered ugly, unattractive, and/or taboo.
    So until then I was a very uptight and prude person until I attended college. I took a class in anthropology which in end encourage me to be even more open mind. So one day I finally decided I'd stop use what I learned from my family as a measure stick and approach this punk chick.
    Since I'm deaf, it mean the communication is very awkward because I have to communication by writing note back and forth. So I was expecting to have my head bitten off by this girl. But to my surprise, within few mins we started to talk, I didn't feel any sort of rejection at all which is extremely uncommon. So I can't help it but keep coming back to talk to her. Eventually we finally clicked together and become a great friend for a long time.
    Ever since that, I decided I'm done with trying to live up to what is proper in public's eyes and do what I want and see things in the way I want to, not what others wants me to.
    So I decided that since I don't want to work for years to get PHD degree in anthropology, I'd do something else. I decided to jump into photography field.
    Me being a idiot I was... I forget what I learn from this girl, I was so bent on doing high fashion photography and went back to my old prude way for a while.

I end up move out of a big city to a small city. The current city I live in, people are very liberal so that mean lot more alternative people. Since I didn't know very many people and was lonely, I was forced to look for a company and someone to talk with. I end up found out that the alternative people tend to be the one who doesn't mind me being deaf and have the patient to communication with me. So I bond with them.

One day I was browsing pictures of various goth girls. Once I stumbled over one beautiful naked goth girl with tons of awesome tattoo, she was covered with blood and seems proud of it. It all finally hit me. I finally realized I am done with letting the medias and public and others decided what I should consider attractive and proper. I realized that I find unique looking girls to be way far more attractive than any super model I'll ever see on Vanity Fair or Vogue magazine cover or in Hollywood. And to make thing even better, they'd not look down at me for being deaf at all.

That's when I decided I want to work toward being a photographer who doesn't fall into one of those boring stereotype photographers who take pics of super models and stuff like that. Ever since then I've been working hard on my skill to try get to where I want to be.

Hope this is good enough for a introduction. I sorta of thinking I may just be posting too much

VoltaireBlue's Avatar just is

Default Re: Another new member

hello.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

That's a pretty comprehensive introduction, you seem like a cool person. If that is your interest this is the right place for you, as we frequently have exchanges in conversation between photographers. As you may or may not know, many of the people that shoot and design for Blueblood also run this forum and site and you'll get the chance to talk to them.

Ajax Knucklebones's Avatar God fearing atheist

You'll need to post of the the photos you've taken.

Head Wreck's Avatar Dai the Llama

Welcome!

welcome from the UK

BigBoy's Avatar Exiled

Hello

mystoo's Avatar Pirate Hooker

Hi

Howdy and welcome to another Californian. What part are you in?

SyntheticShock's Avatar ...

Hello and welcome.

Hi everyone

Yeah I know that many photographers post here and I look forward to talk to them.

As for my pics, sure I'll post some of them once I am able to

I'm from Chico, Joel.

hey man welcome to the party yeah. Don't worry about being deaf since this is a messageboard. We can hear you loud and clear.

If you like hot naked goth girls covered in fake blood then revel in it. Don't make your job out of what mom and dad tells you. Make your career out of what strikes you to be the best thing going. When you do that you're doing what your souls needs.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

hello

+ Reply to Thread