+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Clothing and cash

Default Clothing and cash

I went downtown today with my boyfriend (specifically to one store) and I managed to spend $90 on TWO t-shirts. ARGH! I feel so... consumer-ish. My only consolation is that at least they're cute, and with all the thrift store shopping I do, it'll balance out.

Any one else ever do that? Pay a ridiculous amount of money for something supposedly insignificant? Please tell me I'm not the only one!

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Default Re: Clothing and cash

Mmm, I think you have to describe the shirts or post pics

Hula Hoop Supervisor

I'm a consumer whore in certain areas...I'll pony up the cash if I feel the urge or need to have a certain item.

Granted I could feed an african village with what I spend...but so could everyone else and we don't do it...is it capitalism gone wrong? Nope...it's simple ecenomic reality...what I spend in turn benefits me in the long run.

Same place but I have been just about everywhere inbetween

where did you go Toronto? I dunno I don't go to hardcore I try to shop for things I try to get shirts at concerts and I go to winners for jeans....I but alot of skatebaord stuff ..the thing thatdrives me nuts..the cost of artist oils and brushes..wtf?

memorydream's Avatar Sage

I have never done that with clothes. But, as far as video games went, I was a big, fat, corporate cock-sucking meat whore.

grebo's Avatar Senior Member

i hate all that designer shit (von dutch) thats a $2 patch sewn onto a $5 hat/shirt/whatever and then people sell it for $50 and up, at least if its leather, vinyl, latex of similar its sort of worth it for the effort the person who made it put in. tshirts should be cheaper though, i worked in a tshirt factort and it costs $3 all up for a basic tshirt with print.

purplepixie's Avatar Senior Member

i once spent £50 on a skirt but its a nice skirt and id wanted it for a yearthe problem was tht once id brought that they made me buy the matching corset top aswell

http://geocities.com/fran_the_spazmuffin/tshirts.html

Here are pictures of the t-shirts... I know they're expensive 'cause they're a brand name (Ruby Gloom), but I love her, she's so cute.... ARGH! It's very frustrating, loving expensive crap.

Same place but I have been just about everywhere inbetween

so long as your happy that's what matters....and Von Ducth Like Dickies use to be worn buy old working class dudes.....and was cheap as hell

I don't particularly like Von Dutch, but I think that's more because of the colour combinations on a lot of the hats/shirts/etc... but hey, whoever's into whatever, doesn't really matter. At my school, though, wearing it is generally to show that you have money and are in with current trends.

+ Reply to Thread