+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Model scouting

Default Model scouting

I'm off to do some model scouting since I manage to get in photography class for this semester.

I have always had some success with walking up to a complete stranger and ask them if they'd model then work out something with them.

I usually approach to them and make some comment on what I find attractive about them. Then I'd let them know I'm a photography student at college and I'm working on my portfolio and always need a new model. Then I'd give them my email and text # and tell them if they are interest, to email or text me and I can show them some of my works then they can decide if they want to model.

That usually do the job. However I have been sorta toying around with make some sort of website so I can put the site on my "business card" That way it'd look more professional. It also would make it easier to let them know what I want faster than stand and write down the whole thing to communication.

The site will involve my portfolio, info on what I'm looking for in a model, what I expect from a model (the usual such as if they have to cancel, give me a notice, tell me if they arent comfort with a idea, or anything), and other things.

I'd like to hear what suggestion and option others have to offers.

Thanks in advance.

athenahollow's Avatar Smut Peddler

Default Re: Model scouting

Hey, I make websites So, if you would like some help with it, just let me know.
    I have built one photographer's site, if you wanted to check that out. Just let me know, and I can PM ya the addy.

Default Re: Model scouting

Head to the art lab when they do the nude arts. Wait for it to finish then approach the model or the teacher and tell them your story. They'll put the word out and you get a big pile of willing models with some experience to boot.

+ Reply to Thread