+ Reply to Thread

Thread: my mom's int he hospital for a bit.

malcolm's Avatar the bored one.

Default my mom's int he hospital for a bit.

I mentioned it briefly earlier but yeah. she went in to have her gall bladder removed endoscopicly today and wa ssupposed to be back out the same day no big deal

unfortunately, the damage was so sever and because of her size and diabetes too they had to actually go in-go in and get it out so she's having tos tay in the hospital untilt he tenth atleast so they can keep an eey on ehr, make sure she's healing good and eveyrhting and also help monitor her blood sugar and talk to her about her diet which i have been trying miserably to do for the longest since we found out she had it.

i'd be there right now but it was a prety hard site for me to see my mom all hooked up to those machines with a morphine drip and grogged up from surgery that and i wanted to leave before it got dark since i havent been behind the wheel of a car in over five years.

i just got back form practicing my driving skills at night as a matter fo fact. she should be fine but just wanted to let everyone know anyhow. im gonna be there a smuch as possible as long as possible pretty much everyday if i can so i might not be on here as frequent as i used to be before my vacation...that should be a relief for some people as i tend to be a forum hog.

Default Re: my mom's int he hospital for a bit.

Sorry to hear about what happened. I know how it is to see your own mother being medicined up, groggy, and attached to machine. It is hard on any one and never a pleasant experience. I've been there and it scarred me for life.

But at least look at the bright side, they're trying to take good care of her. They are there to make sure she'll recover properly and go home safe. So just try to look forward to what will happen after that. Hope it will help you feel a bit stronger and better.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly Envy
    Sorry to hear about what happened. I know how it is to see your own mother being medicined up, groggy, and attached to machine. It is hard on any one and never a pleasant experience. I've been there and it scarred me for life.

But at least look at the bright side, they're trying to take good care of her. They are there to make sure she'll recover properly and go home safe. So just try to look forward to what will happen after that. Hope it will help you feel a bit stronger and better.
    thanks,dear. yeah my mom and i have been through so much shit together. And i know it's gonna sound norman batesish but she is probably one of my best friends too and one of the few family mebers i ahve who will talk to me after i came out about being tg and respects me still unlike my dad who threatened me with a knife over it.

and yeah it does help,buddy. i just wasnt ready to see it yet. it took alot to keep from balling like a little baby when i saw her. a few tears snuck out but that's expected. and she's in good hands. the hospital she's at is really nice and a bonus is they're aware of color symbolism cus practically everywhere you look in there eveything's various shades of green and white (healing colors)
    and she's got the good stuff too. morphine drip at the push of a button.i have a few buds who are gonna come out to see her with me or call her and wish her a speedy recovery as well and im thiking of picking her up some stuff at the gift shop too.

You're welcome. Yeah when you and someone else go through so much together, it bring both of you closer. So I can understand why it is so hard on you.

Don't feel bad about crying, there's nothing wrong with crying, especially when it come to someone so close to you. In fact it is good to be able to cry and let it all out instead of holding it in.

It would be nice to have few buddies to call her and pick up some nice stuff for her too.

If you want to talk more, feel free to PM me. I hate to cut this short but I must go to bed.

Sweet dream and remember your mom love you very much and I'm sure she dont want this to be a big burden on you. So try to relax and think of all happy moment you had with her and more to come once she is out of the hospital.

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

That sucks. Best wishes to her for a swift recovery.

April Flores had her gall bladder out earlier this year and, although not fun at the time of course, it ended up a good thing.

ugh! i cant sleep. im not used to this house being empty like this.

well, just got back form visiting her in the hospital. she's feelibg a bit better and got up and walked around today. twice. i missed the first one cus i finally passed out at around seven this morning and woke back up at five this afternoon. it's just creepy sleeping in this house alone. it's really big. they got her binder off now too so she can breathe better. they're not letting her have anything but icechips and water thuogh and her bloodsugar is good too. hopefully she'll be home soon. doctors said it should be around six weeks recovery time before she can go back tow ork. hopefully her paperwork went through and she still has a job to go back to, that's another worry since our local government is making insanely ridiculous cuts everywhere to try to free up more money and juvenille court has had a ton of cuts already.

just heard from mom on the phone. she says the doctors may be letting her come home tomorow instead of the tenth! also shes back to eating foods now but liquid stuff only.

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Quote Originally Posted by malcolm
    just heard from mom on the phone. she says the doctors may be letting her come home tomorow instead of the tenth! also shes back to eating foods now but liquid stuff only.

Very cool. Sounds like her recovery should be good.

yeah. the docs gonna see about letting her go tomorow but she still has to fit what they consider to be okay for discharge. just got back like a half an hour ago, been there all day. even passed out on her little couch in there for a bit.

well i didnt get down there today but they said they wanna keep her till tomorow atleast because she was complaining about leg pains and they wanna make sure that's okay before sending her home.

That's awesome! I'm glad she's doing very well. I hope the best for you. Best of luck to all of you.

thanx. yeah looking forward to taking her home tomrow. i bought he r abig ole penguin from the gift shop when i went down there last cus she likes penguins alot and i wanted there t be someone ther eif i wasnt there. it sounds silly i know.

yay! just got back home from the pharmacy and brought my mom with me !
    the doc went ahead and cleared her to come home btu she's gonna need alot of rest and im gonna need to be a chauffeure for her until she gets to feeling a little better. guess i have a reason to wear my nurse outfit now lol-jk.

we actually left the hospital around oneish but are just now getting home cus like eveyrone on the road felt they neded to go twenty bloody miles below the posted speed limit all the way up to apache junction and then we had to wait an hour to get her scripts filled at the walgreens down the raod. ugh.

but yay! she is home and thanks to eveyrone who was concerned. *hugs!*

+ Reply to Thread