+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: what's your favorite all time "crap" film?

malcolm's Avatar the bored one.

Default what's your favorite all time "crap" film?

you know, the one movie you watch over and over all the while saying "this is such a load of crap" I love crap films and schlock horror movies. there's something down to earth about a movie with a cheap budget, bad acting and a big imagination.

my personal favorite is machine girl from tokyo shock.
    its got bad acting, a hattori hanzo reference, bad special effects, tons of lowball humor like when they get attacked by the "junior highschool shuriken squad!"
    and there's even an arm that gets battered in tempura and fried up which they simulated-and this shows you the budget i hope- with shavings of that stuff they use to stuff couch cushions with?
    oh and i still laugh eveyrtime the girl in the beginning of the movie goes to leap attack this gang of bullies and you see both of her arms in frame even though her left arm ends up missing in the next frame and is replaced with a prosthetic gatling gun which is just badass and probably easier to use than an m-16 with grenade launcher and bayonet(?) leg.

what's yours?

Clockwork Jello's Avatar Droog

Default Re: what's your favorite all time "crap" film?

Any of the really old Chinese martial Arts flicks. Holy crap they are bad and the sount efx are just gut bustingly bad.

IF you like Machine girl, check out Meatball Machine. its japanese too. I hear its the same vein of movies as Machine girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Clockwork Jello
    Any of the really old Chinese martial Arts flicks. Holy crap they are bad and the sount efx are just gut bustingly bad.

IF you like Machine girl, check out Meatball Machine. its japanese too. I hear its the same vein of movies as Machine girl.
    i'll check that out. i also have the live action kekko kamen set of movies too and zebraman looks like a real riot.

so yuo like the old kung-fu movies? those are awesome!....have you seen mr.vampire?

Clockwork Jello's Avatar Droog

No, I haven't seen that one. Ill have to check it out.

Im talking even older Like Jackie Chan's first movie ever. It was called like Tiger Cub from Lon-kwan or something. I watched it like 2 weeks ago. It was so horrible. It was like the Chinese martial-arts version of Plan 9 from Outer Space.

Oh yeah how could I forget Plan 9. It is the Holy Grail of crap movies!

Quote Originally Posted by Clockwork Jello
    No, I haven't seen that one. Ill have to check it out.

Im talking even older Like Jackie Chan's first movie ever. It was called like Tiger Cub from Lon-kwan or something. I watched it like 2 weeks ago. It was so horrible. It was like the Chinese martial-arts version of Plan 9 from Outer Space.

Oh yeah how could I forget Plan 9. It is the Holy Grail of crap movies!
    lol awesome and yes, plan9 i think will always have that title. i actually have a copy of rue morgue magazine with an article in it that was vampira's last interview before she died and she talked a little about that movie and her lawsuit against elvira that she lost i'd like to see the movie the chemical brothers used for the get yourself high video.

athenahollow's Avatar Smut Peddler

Doom Generation... or anything by Gregg Araki really. All are bad, lack plot, are low budget but absolutely freaking awesome.
    No one is ever the same after seeing Doom Generation.

Quote Originally Posted by athenahollow
    Doom Generation... or anything by Gregg Araki really. All are bad, lack plot, are low budget but absolutely freaking awesome.
    i heard tha was a pretty good crap film. isnt that like rose mcgowan's first movie?
    oh! and jawbreaker was pretty good for a crap film too. something about marilyn manson with eyebrows and a sleezy mustache while the scorpions play in the background is just epic.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

Quote Originally Posted by malcolm
    i'll check that out. i also have the live action kekko kamen set of movies too and zebraman looks like a real riot.
    kekkp kamen is amazing. It's a fucking topless chick in a ninja mask who rides a motorcycle and does flips all over the place while fighting people.

i'm a sucker for all the guys in bad rubber giant monster/robot suits.

god bless the japanese and thier lack of good taste.

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory
    kekkp kamen is amazing. It's a fucking topless chick in a ninja mask who rides a motorcycle and does flips all over the place while fighting people.

i'm a sucker for all the guys in bad rubber giant monster/robot suits.

god bless the japanese and thier lack of good taste.
    i know right? did ya see the one with "golden bat man" in it? I think it was kekko kamen 2: the mangriffon strikes back! where he's got the gold baseball bat and balls? lol that's one of go nagais' babies. he drew her and cutie honey and devilman. she's actually a parody of kamen rider believe it or not lol

and yeah, there's something badass epic about guys in rubber monster costumes that you just can't do with cgi lol.

naw, haven't seen that. the live action cutey honey and devilman were epic fail.

I love devilman and it's prefect for rubber suits, but no, they had to make the last ten minutes entirely in CG. wtf?

it's kinda like the deathnote movies where the shinigamis were all cgi. i think japan just doesnt have the right feel for live action/cgi just yet. they can make epic cgi movies altogether and even cgi/traditional anime movies (like karas) but they kinda don't get it with the live action cgi merge.

I just downloaded Doomsday after stumbling on the gallery for it here on BlueBlood.net, and my viewing of that has been a lot like this.

The plotline is horrible; the most minimal excuse for pasting scene after anachronistic scene of Epic Action without being limited to a single world setting. The main characters are horrible; living clichés without any character depth, led by the inevitable martial arts champion special agent with a troubled past. The different perspectives of the different badguy leaders that get to elaborate on where they stand in the world lack any philosophical depth. But the Apocalypse Punk population of the first quarantine community they needlessly massacre their way through is aesthetically very awesome, even if anyone vaguely in the know is left to wonder where a couple hundred scavenging survivors find the time to keep their mohawks dyed and erected on a daily basis - awesome enough that I've been looking forward to seeing the whole thing again.

Quote Originally Posted by athenahollow

Quote Originally Posted by Raza
    I just downloaded Doomsday after stumbling on the gallery for it here on BlueBlood.net, and my viewing of that has been a lot like this.
    I know, right? I think the sole purpose of that film was so that the director could rip off all of his favorite scenes from every other movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory
    I know, right? I think the sole purpose of that film was so that the director could rip off all of his favorite scenes from every other movie.
    Yes! It was like, "Ok, I want the evil government from V for Vendetta, the road battles from Mad Max and the scenery of Lord of the Rings in one movie, and I don't want to have to think about it too much."

Ajax Knucklebones's Avatar God fearing atheist

War of The Gargantuas.....Epic cheese! Total cult.

athenahollow's Avatar Smut Peddler

Quote Originally Posted by inox
    LOL Nothing like Parker Posey saying "I'm gonna lop... your... dick... off" haha

TheDeathKnight's Avatar Senior Member

Deathrace 2000.

The original one.

Fucking horribly bad, but fucking awesome at the same time...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbKKCCmh7GU

Aza's Avatar Extradimensional Penguin
    My home is everywhere and nowhere. I am the quintessential hobo.

Ooh, I have a list!

"REPO: the Genetic Opera"
    "The Doom Generation"
    "Ricky O"
    "Night of the Lepus"
    "Ilsa, She-Wolf of the S.S."

Hmm... I'm sure there are more. I may have to get back to you...

You know at first I thought this thread would be for movies like Pink Flamingos.

yaknow,dj bat. i havent seen pink flamingos actually lol but i do have a thing for john waters other movies i have seen 9serial mom, cry baby, hairspray etc.) but hey if its a crap film and ya like then that's cool oh and aza? night of lepus kicks ass! have you seen strays? it's kinda like that but without giant bunnies and it has crazy feral cats instead. pretty fucked up movie too

Oooh, "VIDEODROME!!!"

I can't believe I flaked on that one...

yaknwo, i just thought of two more really good crap films i like and they have a common thing with each other. can you guess what it is? lol

deep blue sea:a team of scientists discover a cure for alzheimers disease from a chemical byproduct emitted from shark brains and so decide to genetically alter a school of garganutaun sized maco sharks, increasing their brain capacity. best line in it: "we increased their brain size but we had no idea they would get smarter" or something to that effect. complete with cgi sharks it was epicly bad and badass at the same time especially in the veyr laughable scenes where they showed the sharks swimming backwards and even stopping which is physically impossible for sharks to do wihtout drowning because of how they breath. they'd basically flood their gills and drown if they did either of those things.

and.....

snakes on a plane: a guy witnesses a notorious yakuza killing someone who was going to testify against him in court while vacationing in hawaii and is then forced to testify to what he saw back in the land locked state but during his flight, the yakuza has hired a snake expert he knows to sneak aboard the worlds most dealiest snakes and get em all pissed off by dousing the leis the passengers are given as they come on board the plane with snake pheromones and lets them loose on the plane in hopse of killing the witness as well as taking the plane down with him. that movie would not have worked if it wasnt for the thing these two films have in common (or i should say person) but i still think one of the best parts in snakes was wheen the guy goes into the lav to take a piss and the snake jumps out of the toilet and bites him on his dick. it should have been in 3-d i swear. lol
    anyone know what they person is these two have in common?

bohoki's Avatar kitty flinger

Long Live The New Flesh

Dusk's Avatar Senior Member

Cannibal: The Musical, It was the first thing Trey Parker and Matt Stone did, and it was done in collage.

Nos's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeathKnight
    Deathrace 2000.

The original one.

Fucking horribly bad, but fucking awesome at the same time...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbKKCCmh7GU

Oh fuck ya! I could watch that all day I'm a huge fan of Linnea Quigely too. You can just take your pick of "crap" film there!

I have adore old 70's Grindhouse flicks too.

Quote Originally Posted by allah
    what? Videodrome is a fucking great movie. In no way could it be considered so bad its good.
    YOUR HEAD IS IN THIS BOX .... fucking classic

Dudes, I'm not insulting "Videodrome" by any stretch of the imagination! I'm listing it on a "favorites" thread, aren't I?

Nonetheless, it's still technically considered a "crap" film. Perhaps no more so than the "Evil Dead" series, but those are also some of my favorite movies!

Kudos for the "Cannibal, the Musical" mention! I'll call, and raise you "Meet the Feebles."

Quote Originally Posted by Aza
    Dudes, I'm not insulting "Videodrome" by any stretch of the imagination! I'm listing it on a "favorites" thread, aren't I?

Nonetheless, it's still technically considered a "crap" film. Perhaps no more so than the "Evil Dead" series, but those are also some of my favorite movies!

Kudos for the "Cannibal, the Musical" mention! I'll call, and raise you "Meet the Feebles."
    yes! meet the feebles! only peter jackson could make a movie with puppets dealing drugs,making snuff movies,suffering from vietnam flashbacks, dying from venerial diseases and have a musical number about sodomy in it.

oh! and cabin fever! the whole movie was frankly horrible in my opinion but the kung-fu kid's "pancakes" scene was just badass! lol

Quote Originally Posted by malcolm
    oh! and cabin fever! the whole movie was frankly horrible in my opinion but the kung-fu kid's "pancakes" scene was just badass! lol

I know! that was out of nowhere but I loved it

"'paaaaaaannn Cakes!"

Nothing beats the ending, though, and the setup they had for it near the beginning: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCJc8Oemwj0

oh i know right? they had it on sci-fi saturday and bleeped out him saying it which just ruined the joke at the end. but that's like the second best part of the movie

nathanmbailey's Avatar Batteries not included

Killer Klowns From Outer Space and Attack of the Killer Tomatoes.

great movies.

Quote Originally Posted by nathanmbailey
    Killer Klowns From Outer Space
    I was going to mention that if no one else did. I just saw that recently.

+ Reply to Thread