+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Wisdom teeth...

Xavialune's Avatar Senior Member

Default Wisdom teeth...

I am having mine out today...in...about an hour. Im really nervous because my house sucks and I didnt get very much sleep last night..maybe 3 hours. The bed in my old bedroom is hard as a rock, the room is freezing (my mom turns the heat down because shes *really* fat and the rest of us freeze), my 24 year old pathetic brother still living in the basement comes and wakes my mom up at 6 in the morning to ask for money (?!), and then as soon as she leaves at 7 all 3 of my dogs start barking.

..pretty lame. Not to mention the fact I have breast implants and I am worried about getting capsular contracture from the invasive oral surgery. I'm going to be given anti-biotics but theres still a chance..

AND..I have a phobia of loosing my teeth. I know wisdom teeth need to come out..but it still bothers me a lot. Plus, what if they break some of my good teeth trying to get them out? Its one of the complications listed in the packet...:-/

So yeah Im pretty nervous. I'm being put to sleep too..hopefully I dont go into a coma or something from lack of sleep! I know..Im worrying too much..but I cant help it!

aXa's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: Wisdom teeth...

dont stresss it too hard. just think of the wonderful post-op drugs they will give you!

Quote Originally Posted by Xavialune
    I am having mine out today...in...about an hour. Im really nervous because my house sucks and I didnt get very much sleep last night..maybe 3 hours. The bed in my old bedroom is hard as a rock, the room is freezing (my mom turns the heat down because shes *really* fat and the rest of us freeze), my 24 year old pathetic brother still living in the basement comes and wakes my mom up at 6 in the morning to ask for money (?!), and then as soon as she leaves at 7 all 3 of my dogs start barking.

..pretty lame. Not to mention the fact I have breast implants and I am worried about getting capsular contracture from the invasive oral surgery. I'm going to be given anti-biotics but theres still a chance..

AND..I have a phobia of loosing my teeth. I know wisdom teeth need to come out..but it still bothers me a lot. Plus, what if they break some of my good teeth trying to get them out? Its one of the complications listed in the packet...:-/

So yeah Im pretty nervous. I'm being put to sleep too..hopefully I dont go into a coma or something from lack of sleep! I know..Im worrying too much..but I cant help it!
    Like aXa said, try not to worry too much. I know it's often easier said than done, but I have had two out and it was done in a matter of minutes with a local anaesthetic. I also know a number of peeps who went under a general and to a man/woman, there have been no horror stories for any of us.
    For me, I didn't even need any big painkillers after. I was just told not to have hot drinks for the rest of the day

However, good luck and I hope the recovery is short and relatively painless.

Dusk's Avatar Senior Member

Ive only lost 6 teeth, but my dentist said the rest where there. Anyways goodluck

Ive been back for a little while now. The anesthetic is wearing off. I had some welches fruit punch so I could take a vicodin. However, as I was sitting here a few minutes ago, I was overcome with the urge to vomit. They say its not too common now that they have more advanced anesthetics, but Im very sensitive to just about everything, so I puked a few times..just the juice. I have no idea if I absorbed the vicodin though. I had only taken it like half an hour before. hould I take another one? my lips hurt

ROGIZOID's Avatar The Grey Child

owies.
    i have 4 in my mouth.
    i really need to go see the dentist man.
    but every time that ive went, it seems they did more damage than good.
    pissing me off man!

good luck with your honey.
    <3

Apparently vomiting is a side effect of Vicodin. I had all 4 ripped out plus 2 front teeth and was on Tylenol + Codine for two weeks. That was fine, it was coming down off the codine for the other two weeks that made me want to rip my stomach out, stomp on it with spiked boots, rub it in glass, shit on it and then light it on fire.

...at least that's how it felt for two weeks... codine is nasty.

Anyways, yea, check w/the dentist again - there's something else they give you in case you puke on vicodin... I believe it's Darvocet - check w/doc - no one really prescribes vicodin anymore too cause of this.

Good luck.

ooooomg. Yeah. I just woe up from a much needed nap. My gums and sockets are still bleeding though. I suppose thats because I napped and didnt put pressure on them.But, its better for the clot to form anyway, I think. Im running out od gauze, though.I just took another vicodin, and the instructions said takinf it with food might reduce its effectiveness, so Im going to wait and see. I figured I vomited from the anesthesia (when I had my implants, I was VERY sick from it the entire 3 hour ride home, but managed somehow to keep it down). But maybe it was the pills..I hope not, because vomiting reallymsde the left side hurt. I dont want to rip stitches or disturb the forming blod clot..My friend Shane had his done recently and he got a dry socket. He said it was the worst ever..so hopefully that doesnt happen. I find it strange you say no one prescribes vicodin anymore because my mom gets it all the time for her bad back. Maybe Maine is just behind the times?

If it's something you're on already, they'll probably keep prescribing it but the growing trend (albeit it could take a while) is to at least consider alternatives due to vic's harshness... who knows... maybe House is keeping it alive for a comeback since it's all the rage

lol! I dont watch house, but the pic mademe laugh anyways.

SyntheticShock's Avatar ...

I had mine taken out a couple weeks ago. I kept my teeth and took photos of my bloody mess and the 3 teeth that the dentist took it. I had an issue though, I'm going to have fixed sometime next week. The dentist left in a sharp piece of tooth in my gums, scraped up my cheek pretty bad. Oh, and I got codeine for the pain.

oh damn! I should have asked to keep the teeth! I didnt even know you could do that. I thought for sure they rotted though, after a while. I remember as a kid I kept amolar and I opened up the little plastic case and it was all moldy! lol..I was a kid though so I was like...whoa cool!

SyntheticShock's Avatar ...

oh damn! I should have asked to keep the teeth! I didnt even know you could do that. I thought for sure they rotted though, after a while. I remember as a kid I kept amolar and I opened up the little plastic case and it was all moldy! lol..I was a kid though so I was like...whoa cool!
    Yea, one of them had started to decay cause it grew in at an angle and I have such a small mouth. My teeth are up in my cupboard right now, hehe. Their mine, and their just gonna throw em away after they take them out anyway, I figure just as well that I have them. My dentist did look at me funny when I asked for them though.

omg im trying to eat some mashed/whipped potatoes and its like ahhh

TheDeathKnight's Avatar Senior Member

Yeah, I remember being all puffed up like a squirrel with nuts in his cheeks.

It sucks for a week or two, then you will be fine.

Do you play WoW?

lol sorry couldnt help myself!

Anyway, I managed to eat some potatoes without puking...go me! It hasnt really swollen that much yet. I have run out of gauze though and amwaiting another 20 or 30 minutes for my mom to get home with a new package. Hopefully she arrives soon!!!

oww, i hated the whole gauze and bleeding when i had a tooth pulled. plus they try and tell you to not smoke or use straws.

i was given codeine for it. i wanted something else though; codeine often does nothing for me - leaving me still in pain. i ended up getting codeine syrup cuz i couldnt swallow the pills. to make a long story short: it took over 4 hours for the painkilling part of the codeine to kick in. by that point i had taken way too much. all i can remember is the room spinning around me as i laid on my matress. oh, and at some point i ended up becoming fascinated by the burning embers in the glass ashtray on my bed. it got so hot that the glass actually cracked into a few pieces. which then took me a few extra moments to go from a "wow, kool. look at that!" stage to a "holy shit! my bed is on fire!" stage and douse it out.

oh man... don't say the WoW word... I've promised to come out of hibernation to have my guild power level one of my 70's to 80 during spring break. Same as pulling teeth.

*lateral lisp* Ive got a lvl 61 Draenai Hunter and a lvl 16 Tauren Druid! lol..ok I sucks...but my bf has a lvl 80 Draenai Death knight..and he will probably be elite soon.

*lateral lisp* Ive got a lvl 61 Draenai Hunter and a lvl 16 Tauren Druid! lol..ok I sucks...but my bf has a lvl 80 Draenai Death knight..and he will probably be elite soon.
    Don't worry, kitty princess; I'll level you when you aren't making money on teh camz and I'm not running heroics and raiding.

(and when we aren't making sweet love on our bed)

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

wow. this is going to get old real fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory
    wow. this is going to get old real fast.
    Don't worry. We generally won't double post like this to each other. I just joined, and soon such comments will generally stop being made.

I think he meant the wow thing.

Or maybe not lol

lol..I went to that site just now...LOL oh my gawd...seriously? Seriously..:O Wow. And not the computer game...lol

I would almost subscribe if that movie had a director's/actor's commentary on the whole bear shooting. I'm really surprised no one was mauled.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Bat
    I would almost subscribe if that movie had a director's/actor's commentary on the whole bear shooting. I'm really surprised no one was mauled.
    dire maul? i have yet to venture into that instance. you say there are bears?:P

malcolm's Avatar the bored one.

lol! I dont watch house, but the pic mademe laugh anyways.
    really? that show is awesome and i dont even like medical shows . house is a fucking trip. anyways hope you're feeling better soon. neve rha dme wisdoms yanked (they're almost all like litterally horizontal in my jaws the x-rays look pretty trippy) but yay vicodin!

/geek on

*ding* 73

/geek off

(no bears were accosted during my dingage)

lol nope..never got into House or very many other shows. I hate Scrubs, too. Such a sexist show oh my god! I dont really watch much TV, actually.

I was at my parents house for the surgery though..for a couple days..and I watched MANswers. It makes scrubs look like a show on feminism.

i dont blame you there i hate scrubs too but just because i wanna clock zach braff in his face for some unforseen reason. that and its not very funny either.

Yeah. I did like the Poop Song though lol

thew only part i enjoyed was heather locklear's cameo where she said anal leakage lol
    and that's just because it was heather locklear saying anal and leakage in the same sentence lol

lmao...I just like to joke about poop. I think poop is disgusting, but Val and I joke about it all the time.

It makes me giggle..just like farts.

oh dont get me started on those. farts are hillarious lol

I Just Farted!

epic.

*poot*

i must admit thoguht the funniest are when in public at the worst of times.

Oh definitely. As a kid I used to fart in church for shits and giggles *snicker*

We fart in Wal Mart a lot. Its not like that place isnt heavily diseased anyway. But sometimes you just *have* to shop there.

+ Reply to Thread