+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Have you ever been to Colorado?

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Default Have you ever been to Colorado?

I had a stopover in the Denver airport once. There was a lot of Native American-looking jewelry and there were a lot of cowboy hats. But we have some amazing Blue Blood models from Colorado, so I'm wondering what it is like in different areas there.

corachaos's Avatar Dorky Girl

Default Re: Have you ever been to Colorado?

It's a beautiful state. I grew up here (escaped several times and came back.) It's a lovely place if you like sun, and temerate weather, though I think it might actually snow this year. The scene is HUGE. We have a handful of clubs and lots and lots of veriety. There is even a "goth" cyber cafe complete with wifi. I love it here.

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

I was actually born in Denver,CO and what I remember was beautiful. The city itself leaves alot to be desired but the surrounding country side beyond the brown cloud is fantastic. Couldn't really tell you what it's like to live there now, as the last time I was there it was for a week in '97 and before that I had a broken leg and was trapped in my Godmother's house. Before that I was five so don't ask. Wow, I need a vacation.
    K

Same place but I have been just about everywhere inbetween

I have always wnated to go there snow boarding, the closest i ever came to being there was about a year back I entered a art contest for Ride snow boards for art for thier snowboards, it was held by the Steamboat Springs Art council.....I got my sketcj\hes back but I never got my art pieces back...oneday I would love to go....

skully's Avatar Senior Member
    northern jersey(my dad has been a bridge and tunnel rat my whole life and i am following in his footsteps)

my girlfriend is there now on vacation... she said denver was alright pretty kool enough of a city to not feel bored to easily. boulder was very fun if you are quite the outdoors type but very very hippy'ish which is fine if you like granola and petruli

I live in canon city its small and it sux I like Denver thats a really nice place its a big change from LA to a small town like canon

HempKnight's Avatar Large Member

Meh... I've lived in Ft. Collins and Denver years ago and just drove through last year....
    of course coming from the Great Lakes to the Gulf Of Mexico to Puget Sound in a week, I wasn't exactly sight-seeing.

countessnichole's Avatar Wicca, Friend, Lover.

Quote Originally Posted by corachaos
    It's a beautiful state. I grew up here (escaped several times and came back.) It's a lovely place if you like sun, and temerate weather, though I think it might actually snow this year. The scene is HUGE. We have a handful of clubs and lots and lots of veriety. There is even a "goth" cyber cafe complete with wifi. I love it here.
    Ohh, I'd like to come to Colorado sometime. Where is this cyber cafe you speak of Amelia? And what clubs would be the best to visit in the state.

corachaos's Avatar Dorky Girl

Quote Originally Posted by countessnichole
    Ohh, I'd like to come to Colorado sometime. Where is this cyber cafe you speak of Amelia? And what clubs would be the best to visit in the state.
    The cyber cafe is called Netherword (13th and Penn)

Tuesdays = Blue Ice
    Wednesday = Club Syn (with humpday at netherworld beforehand)
    Thurdays = 2101
    Friday = The Cherry Pit
    Saturday = Either Climax or Cherry Pit
    Sunday = Rock Island or The Church.

Plenty of clubbing.

Candy_Grenade's Avatar Junior Member

Definitely alot to do here in Denver---like it here--although Void and I are itching to move to CA.

My dad used to live in Littleton, fairly close to Columbine. He just moved to Seattle, though, which is good; I used to get really nasty looks from people whenever I went somewhere, even wearing just black pants and a cute t-shirt. Now that I've acquired more interesting things, I probably would get mobbed.

Other than the non-friendliness towards goths, I liked it. It was very suburban, though.

Slave326667's Avatar Slave & Master.

I went to colorado for a week, first denver (flight delayed, I spent the night in the small terminal.), then a little town called crested butte, that was the most disgusting little town I've ever seen as far as economy goes nothing but small buisiness, all the prices were jacked up 50-75% Bought a godamn slurpee for $4. Althoe the scenery was amazing, simply beautiful.

+ Reply to Thread