+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Szandora.com is live!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

Default Re: Szandora.com is live!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DyingSunshine
    I can't stop going over there and staring at it. It's so damn perfect. I can hardly believe it.

YAY!! I hope everyone is loving it as much as I am.
    Actually, there is a bunch more on the way. Drop me a PM if you have any cool ideas as well.

and your little dog too

Quote Originally Posted by pedar
    You don't have to answer this if you don't want- but I will assume that one can make a decent living running and designing such sites..because I've often had such concepts/ideas myself..P.
    You are a writer, correct? How much exactly do you make doing that? I have some concepts/ideas about what I would like to write, although my only experience is as a magazine intern and a fact checker. Can you give me the phone number of your agent and some suggestions of how I should get started? Do I need an agent? Is writing your only job? If not, how much do you make from your other positions and what are they?

and your little dog too

oh I was going to say that Blue Blood is an inspiration to us all and I guess that was proven accurate in this very thread

MidniteCliche's Avatar Senior Member

I tell ya, you could be my dream girl ...keep doing what you're doing. \m/

Quote Originally Posted by karyn
    You are a writer, correct? How much exactly do you make doing that? I have some concepts/ideas about what I would like to write, although my only experience is as a magazine intern and a fact checker. Can you give me the phone number of your agent and some suggestions of how I should get started? Do I need an agent? Is writing your only job? If not, how much do you make from your other positions and what are they?
    Umm- nice sarcasm..I was asking *generally* if one makes a 'decent' living from those sites...
    I wasn't in any way or shape asking personal questions abt. exact income sums and one's financial position in life (btw I'm doing more than nicely, thanks)-as you clearly imply I was doing -
    Have a nice day and please ignore my questions from now on- especially if they're not addressed to you..If you feel I'm out of line then by all means bring it up with the board moderator here --tootles -P.

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

You don't have to answer this if you don't want- but I will assume that one can make a decent living running and designing such sites..because I've often had such concepts/ideas myself..P.

I'll try and write something more coherent later because I am totally illin' today, but I'm uncomfortable with you even looking at the site that way. Partly I was brought up that it is vulgar to talk about money and partly it is the punkrocker in me. Blue Blood gives a lot to the community. We published for more than a decade before the web and we quite literally went hungry to create something meaningful and artistic and pure for our community. The main point of Szandora.com is to show the world how cool Szandora is. If people like Szandora and they like me and Forrest and they like Blue Blood and what we are trying to do with it, I hope they will support our projects. But there are other things I would do if I were trying to just make a buck.

Amethyst's Avatar Senior Member

Heh this is kind of a silly whine about but "Enter" is usually on left and "Exit" on right. I just myself clicked the exit of old habbit that enter is there
    But I think the layout is nice and simple, just the way it should be. I have always loved this more simple html with only tables and stuff. It's harder to make good looking and unique webpages like that but if you do succeed it's worth it. I think you have really succeed in that Forrest. Okey enough ass lickin

Quote Originally Posted by AmeliaG
    I'll try and write something more coherent later because I am totally illin' today, but I'm uncomfortable with you even looking at the site that way. Partly I was brought up that it is vulgar to talk about money and partly it is the punkrocker in me. Blue Blood gives a lot to the community. We published for more than a decade before the web and we quite literally went hungry to create something meaningful and artistic and pure for our community. The main point of Szandora.com is to show the world how cool Szandora is. If people like Szandora and they like me and Forrest and they like Blue Blood and what we are trying to do with it, I hope they will support our projects. But there are other things I would do if I were trying to just make a buck.
    -sorry-btw you aren't feeling well- the heat isn't helping- anyway - I am certainly a believer in artistic endeavors- I'm an artist (of sorts) myself--Glad to hear that you like and feel fulfilled with your work--
    I wasn't being crass in my questions- -I just see so many such sites that are up and coming - I was just trying to see what's going on at all.. and gauge the scene if you know what I mean--
    But to clarify more- I would imagine such enterprises as this are time consuming and -some of us (and it isn't just me) can't afford to go hungry too often- ideally -for some us- making bread and doing what you like should come together--
    I was just asking a purely innocent question..sorry if it came across as prying or crass..P.

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

-sorry-btw you aren't feeling well- the heat isn't helping- anyway - I am certainly a believer in artistic endeavors- I'm an artist (of sorts) myself--Glad to hear that you like and feel fulfilled with your work--
    I wasn't being crass in my questions- -I just see so many such sites that are up and coming - I was just trying to see what's going on at all.. and gauge the scene if you know what I mean--
    But to clarify more- I would imagine such enterprises as this are time consuming and -some of us (and it isn't just me) can't afford to go hungry too often- ideally -for some us- making bread and doing what you like should come together--
    I was just asking a purely innocent question..sorry if it came across as prying or crass..P.

Pre-internet, I almost never had anyone ask anything like that. I know you totally didn't mean any harm by asking. It is just that that sort of question makes me feel like I was a fool to sacrifice for my community. Like maybe the noble causes I believed in enough to go hungry for them were not really worthwhile. No one can afford to go hungry. By definition, it means you are spending more than you can afford to on your art, on what you are trying to say. People looking to break down something that has meant so much to me and was never about the benjamins to something bottom-line-oriented makes me feel like I should not even bother to have something like this forum. I mean, it costs me money and, if even the people in it think I shouldn't bother with things I lose money on . . . well it makes me feel like hell. Do you understand where I'm at on this better now?

Quote Originally Posted by AmeliaG
    Pre-internet, I almost never had anyone ask anything like that. I know you totally didn't mean any harm by asking. It is just that that sort of question makes me feel like I was a fool to sacrifice for my community. Like maybe the noble causes I believed in enough to go hungry for them were not really worthwhile. No one can afford to go hungry. By definition, it means you are spending more than you can afford to on your art, on what you are trying to say. People looking to break down something that has meant so much to me and was never about the benjamins to something bottom-line-oriented makes me feel like I should not even bother to have something like this forum. I mean, it costs me money and, if even the people in it think I shouldn't bother with things I lose money on . . . well it makes me feel like hell. Do you understand where I'm at on this better now?
    Okay ..Sorry that people make you feel 'like hell'--- maybe you should ignore such individuals--
    Where I'm coming from - I'm just used to going to art openings on weekends and many of the people (including the artists themselves- I know quite a few btw)there talk abt the biz side of things-Guess I'm more like Jeffrey Koons (recall Cicolina?)if you know what I mean--
    btw - and I may have asked you this on another thread- what is your 'community'- ?
    P.

Lange's Avatar Bull Shit!! I love Amelia

Did this thread take a wrong turn somewhere? I thought it was about Szandora's new site????

Same place but I have been just about everywhere inbetween

Amelia your doing just fine....maybe one day i will have site and I will have you as a link...at least if that day ever cam i would...

Same place but I have been just about everywhere inbetween

lange.....I dunno...uhm but it's aweosme and Szandora is a really nice person...she is such a busy gal I imagine doing phot shoots and the comming on here to take the time to write replies and ad input...wow

Quote Originally Posted by Lange
    Did this thread take a wrong turn somewhere? I thought it was about Szandora's new site????
    Yes hopefully it will get back to that topic...my curiosity has been satisfied--
    Best wishes to all.
    P.

I know of a fella who does some gothic erotic photography (very soft core, rarely any nipples even) and he makes some side cash off his website. A lot of the money from the site goes back into the photography and web design (like any business, I guess). I guess you gotta love it. Hey if you do make one have a gay section for me

You could probably make more money in a lot of other fields though. As far as photography goes shooting school pictures is really lucrative (I used to do this), you'd be surprised at how much stuff parents will buy (if you go to a rich school). This is usually a big corporate operation though and the boss makes the cash, not the photographer! Anyhow, I don't think any subject is taboo, if we can talk about sex we can talk about money! Of course, if some people are uncomfortable with that I respect them definitely.

Szandora is lovely, as is the site design and photography. Kudos to you all - Szandora, ForrestBlack, and AmeliaG.

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

She is indeed both art and beauty.

As is the work you have done together. I cannot give you enough kudos. Truly impressive.

+ Reply to Thread