+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Do you prefer DJ, live music, or hot dancers/models?

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Default Do you prefer DJ, live music, or hot dancers/models?

Are you more motivated to go to a club if they have a DJ, live music, or just hot burlesque or box dancers or hot models in a fashion show with either a DJ or live music accompanying?

Bikerpunk's Avatar Ill-intentioned bad apple

Default Re: Do you prefer DJ, live music, or hot dancers/models?

Live music.

Synths <> live music.

nathanmbailey's Avatar Batteries not included

Live music, it just seems to be a better atmosphere, plus it becomes my choice as to what my eardrums are being attacked with because I chose to go to the place with whoever playing, as apposed to a DJ who plays what he wants or the usual house playlist.

Mindgames's Avatar A guy who makes girls

What's the other option?

IMO "live music" plus "a club" means either the band is 2-bit, or the drinks cost 30 bucks, or both. Sorry to all those amongst us who play clubs, but there's a reason you're playing in a room with the acoustic quality of a croissant.

DJs and I agree to disagree because their raison d'être is to get people to dance, and my reply to a previous thread covers what I think of dancing. I am, in all possible situations, a stool-dwelling creature.

As to the hot dancers, fashion shows, poles, boxes, cages, etc. - I haven't been to LA in a few years so can't give an accurate evaluation. Round these parts, "pole dancers" means a fugly chick from Warsaw might come round with a tray of shellfish.

Fun fun fun!! Optimist on a stick, that's me. Take the nearest optimist, insert a stick.

Quote Originally Posted by Mindgames
    What's the other option?

IMO "live music" plus "a club" means either the band is 2-bit, or the drinks cost 30 bucks, or both. Sorry to all those amongst us who play clubs, but there's a reason you're playing in a room with the acoustic quality of a croissant.

DJs and I agree to disagree because their raison d'être is to get people to dance, and my reply to a previous thread covers what I think of dancing. I am, in all possible situations, a stool-dwelling creature.

As to the hot dancers, fashion shows, poles, boxes, cages, etc. - I haven't been to LA in a few years so can't give an accurate evaluation. Round these parts, "pole dancers" means a fugly chick from Warsaw might come round with a tray of shellfish.

Fun fun fun!! Optimist on a stick, that's me. Take the nearest optimist, insert a stick.

So what would motivate you to want to go out on the town to a specific place?

I kind of like live music, but it's rare to find that sweet combo of booker with a good ear, venue with a decent sound system, small to medium size, and a preponderance of good bands.

Most importantly, do the fugly pole dancers where you are at bring you quality shellfish?

Mindgames's Avatar A guy who makes girls

If I know the band and go as rent-a-crowd (or I'm working) then I don't mind what the playlist is, but if a bar has a random band on and the one next door doesn't, I'll be next door TYVM (notwithstanding the group I go out drinking with are all in the music biz). I may be overly fastidious but if I want to listen to music I really like, I have a CD collection and beer in the fridge. My problem is not that pub bands won't play an entire set of early Rammstein, it's that an hour of just-barely-out-of-tune guitar or just-barely-off-beat drumming and I'm ready to climb on stage and retune someone's face. Imagine, if you will, the bastard child of American Idol and Gitmo.

But yes, yes indeed, the shellfish are good. You haven't lived until you've eaten a fugly Pole's cockles.

{silence}

Quote Originally Posted by Amelia G
    So what would motivate you to want to go out on the town to a specific place?

I kind of like live music, but it's rare to find that sweet combo of booker with a good ear, venue with a decent sound system, small to medium size, and a preponderance of good bands.

Most importantly, do the fugly pole dancers where you are at bring you quality shellfish?

Ingridsca1's Avatar Member

I prefer a good DJ at the club. If I'm at a bellydancing venue than a DJ spinning world music is good or a great live band. It's funny, I either prefer my music all electronic or all acoustic- no electric guitars for me please! LOL!
    When I go out clubbing, sometimes the live bands aren't that good and even if they are, people don't dance much with a live band- more standing around.

Ha ha! I'm glad Mindgames said it, often pole or box = not hot dancer. :-/

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

I like to do variety shows. Live music, a DJ between sets, and sideshows with burlesque and/or fashion. Live music is my favorite though.

OEC

mystoo's Avatar Pirate Hooker

Live music usually, if it's someone I want to see. Too often I've been at a bar, excited to find out there will be live music, and then a little bummed when my ears start to bleed out of pure suckiness on the bands part. I'm a big concert goer too.
    The thing about DJ's is the repetitiveness. Week after week of the same music. Even if it's music I like, it gets a little boring after a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Mindgames
    . . . it's that an hour of just-barely-out-of-tune guitar or just-barely-off-beat drumming and I'm ready to climb on stage and retune someone's face. Imagine, if you will, the bastard child of American Idol and Gitmo . . .

Oh baby! Does that sound like a flawless reality show pitch!

Bedlamite

I'd be exited as hell to hear if a DJ was actually spinning. I appreciate modern technology, but watching a guy change CD's doesn't thrill me. Otherwise live music that I'm actually in to would peak my interest beyond belief.

Bikerpunk's Avatar Ill-intentioned bad apple

80s NIGHT!

Ajax Knucklebones's Avatar God fearing atheist

To me, it all depends on what the DJ or the band, is playin'. If it's music I don't like, I wouldn't like either of them.

+ Reply to Thread