+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Truth Hurts And I Bring The Pain

hewhoisagod's Avatar Captain Obvious

Default The Truth Hurts And I Bring The Pain

Well thanks to a little help from Szandora, I am officially pissing off Republicans...... It's amazing what a couple fliers can do, I wish I could post them here, but they're pdf's or Illustrator files so I can't. But I can describe them.

Number one: A black and white photo of W during some speech with the nice caption of "George W. Bush, First U.S. President to enter office with a criminal record" and then it has meeting times and dates for the College Democrats here, plus a picture of or mascot approving the message.

Number two: A blown up picture of the explosion at Nagasaki. With the Caption "Vote Republican See Pretty Cloud Formations" Along with dates and times and mascot approval.

Funny thing about this, the lady that approved this just saw the Vote Republican part and approved it no problem. She didn't bother to read the rest of it. And I know these will piss off the College Republicans (as intended), at some student groups meeting they were walking around with a blown up picture of Bush and dry humping it and shit. The College Republicans are fucking scary dude.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Default Re: The Truth Hurts And I Bring The Pain

Quote Originally Posted by hewhoisagod

Funny thing about this, the lady that approved this just saw the Vote Republican part and approved it no problem. She didn't bother to read the rest of it. And I know these will piss off the College Republicans (as intended), at some student groups meeting they were walking around with a blown up picture of Bush and dry humping it and shit. The College Republicans are fucking scary dude.
    Wait, they have those? I thought they were eaten alive in The Great Republican Feasting a few years back by pseudo liberal revolutionaries?...

Jokes aside...ALL college political groups are scary...insane fucks the lot of em. Their time would be better spent pooling together and figuring out why they essentially pay more tuition wise for college sports than the actual reason they went to college in the first place.

Or better still "I pay 30 grand a year and I live in a smalll hole in the wall that won't let me have a real stove..."

Something is seriously fucking wrong with that.

lucky I'm not in States... :P

Most college political groups are scary........ I agree, but I wouldn't be involved if I thought the group I'm with was ok........... the scary ones though are the girls in the college republicans.......... I actually told this chick that some televangelist said that Bush was appointed by God and it didn't matter who won the election....... she said, I believe that too....... what sucks is that she's my neighbor so I see her a lot

Same place but I have been just about everywhere inbetween

just politics in America is scary....but deffinetley college students should be worried about tuition fee's in Canada they sure are....that and how much will be left for a keg party afterwards

There are NO serious political groups here at University of Idaho--there are about 12 large Christian groups though. In the Princton Review, my university was listed as 2nd most apathetic university in the NATION. You're right about college students--they NEED to get together and bring down the insane price of education. Fuck, I work 25 hours a week and go to the cheapest university I can find and am still scrapping bottom financially. Of course, like I said none of the kids here care about anything...not studying...not even drinking...not even fucking...they just sit there, staring at cows all day!! I tried to get people on campus to sign a petition once, they didn't ask questions or protest or support it, they just said, "I don't care." I got more interest from people at the retirement home...

Quote Originally Posted by Nautilus
    There are NO serious political groups here at University of Idaho--there are about 12 large Christian groups though. In the Princton Review, my university was listed as 2nd most apathetic university in the NATION. You're right about college students--they NEED to get together and bring down the insane price of education. Fuck, I work 25 hours a week and go to the cheapest university I can find and am still scrapping bottom financially. Of course, like I said none of the kids here care about anything...not studying...not even drinking...not even fucking...they just sit there, staring at cows all day!! I tried to get people on campus to sign a petition once, they didn't ask questions or protest or support it, they just said, "I don't care." I got more interest from people at the retirement home...
    Sell your gay ass to the public..you'll be in the money in no time..P.

I'm not too worried about prices here.......... I'm far from rich , but my school is not state funded....... we're the only municipal university in the nation, which is great because all the other schools in Kansas had to jack up tuition....... also I get a lot in federal grants and stuff because my mom and I last year made 15,000 combined last year, so I'm actually ok, but when shitheads start talking about cutting my financial aid I take it very seriously

But Kansas has the same problem as Idaho as far as apathy goes, happens a lot in Republican states, because most young people don't vote Republican. The only exception is Northeast Kansas, which has 3 of the 4 largest cities in Kansas (Topeka, Lawrence, and Kansas City) last election all of these cities and the counties they are situated in voted for Gore...... Here the only people that care about politics are the psycho christians and the senile...... god I miss Chicago....... eh I got at least 2 more years left

countessnichole's Avatar Wicca, Friend, Lover.

I'm glad i don't need to worry about foam-in-the-mouth political activism in my campus. If there was a talk about what was going on in politics in a class, its nothing but free and open discussion with no radicalistic results. I also thankfully am a commuter student, that doesn't live near or around my college ethier. Hurray!

+ Reply to Thread