+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Music Videos

BruisedRoses's Avatar Junior Member

Default New Music Videos

Has anyone seen the new Personal Jesus cover by Marilyn Manson. It is too bad that what little I like about Marilyn lies in the rehashing of my favorite older tunes. Also. ... (pause for dramatic silence)...

There is a new music video out there, directed by Tim Burton himself. Dissapointingly even though it is a Good Charolette video (hey, Evanesence is at least better than thouch jerk offs, critics). Even on mute the video I found was dissapointing, yes. I said Tim Burton was dissapointing. It consisted with the rebel version of Barbies' Ken dolls wailing like the little brats they are, and cheesey little snaps at out Burton cliches. You will understand if you see the video.

Hopefully you didn't see the Avril Lavigne video "My Happy Ending", which will surely make Hot Topic shopper squeal with glee. "Avril looks so goth with her industrial boots, mooding lighting and what the fuck?!"

Not that you can't find a horrible song with a decent video. I enjoyed Christina's "Fighter" video. The only thing she is fighting is the urge to purge. Christina vs. Britney...?

SomethingSelfrighteous's Avatar Dancing Jesus Figurine

Default Re: New Music Videos

I really enjoyed the cure's "The end of the world" i thought it was very well done

Same place but I have been just about everywhere inbetween

I liked the Morrisey Video Irish Blood, English Heart, and youwant to talk about good vidoes Cradle of Filth does some damn good stuff and Skinny Puppies new video jsut leaves you confused....if your going for Artistic Abilty Kid Koala does some cool stuff. I love good videos but there are few, In Canada if your looking for good videos I would recomend The Wedge on much Music at 11:00 on friday nights or Braco Video Hour on the Bravo show

MidniteCliche's Avatar Senior Member

Christina Agui-whatever bothers me, but in regards to her "Fighter" video, the set and costume design were all in the creative control of Floria Sigismondi, who is responsible for David Bowie, Tricky and Marilyn Manson (Tourniquet and Beautiful People video designs). She is my absolute favorite photographer! I have a book compelation of all her best works, called "Redemption". It is great, I'd recomend it everyone. I could only dream of having her creations to represent me, by doing a shoot with her!

Amethyst's Avatar Senior Member

I think the best music videos I have seen are from Tool. They are really abstract and mystical like the music itself. They are really hard to understand, but even without understanding they are cool.
    I have always liked Marilyn Mansons music videos too. Or mostly the costumes and lighting in them.

MidniteCliche's Avatar Senior Member

I agree with your picks!

GasmaskGirl's Avatar Senior Member
    Ottawa Ontario, Canada (actually born in Saskatchewan Canada)

i was raised without cable and to this day i still don't have any music channels. No music videos for me.

purplepixie's Avatar Senior Member

the cable just got taken away!!! but i did see that good charlotte video with the sound turned OFF and i was also disappointed along with the new manson song i thought it was.....well a bit boring but the video was ok the clothes and makeup were good as always

Do you by chance have a pic of the new manson cd cover? Yeah your right Good Charolette are jerk offs. They give punk a bad name. I tell you some one who is twisted. Tiny Tim. The Vynal record with Tip Toe through the Tullips on it looks like something that Nine Inch Nails would use. Freaky Album cover man, way freaky! I have a Tim Burton short film on VHS that is way cool. Its called Vincent. They played it on the Sci-Fi channel once.

Incubus Megalomaniac.....
    This vid pissed so many ppl off because it shows hitler as an angel and alot of other off the wall pics....
    Anything that catches the publics eye like that is cool in my book...

I haven't actually seen it, but Nightwish's Nemo video is supposed to be really cool... I also like the Cradle of Filth video for her Ghost in the Fog.

HER GHOST IN THE FOG is a killer video. Probably my favorite video. Now, I dont care for Tool because it takes so long for the music to kick in... But, their video's are the best. Now for you guys that don't have music channles, dont feel bad, in the area I live in we dont have music channles either. Well, VH1 but that sux... But anyway you guys can download music videos... You can go on Imesh, or just do a search for music videos.
    My wife likes the Dirrty video. Oh and I LIKE IT TOO! Gives me chills when I watch it. It would be cool if Christina Agu-EEE-OOO-leria - blah blah turned to death rock! Oh yeah... Filthy, nasty! Oh yeah...

+ Reply to Thread