+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Valmeticulous Superman III and Office Space

Default Valmeticulous Superman III and Office Space

Do you know what valmeticulous means?

Okay, the scam the FTC is investigating isn't really the one used in Superman III and Office Space, but Yahoo says the criminal "ultimate masterminds behind this scheme" set up more than 100 companies to charge tons of credit cards small amounts between a quarter and nine bucks. According to Yahoo,...
    Read the full article

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: Valmeticulous Superman III and Office Space

Cyprus is a "tax haven". You can essentially register a company anonymously and have very little paper trail. Estonia had bank secrecy laws until recently that created the same effect. I've had mostly positive experiences ordering from Eastern Europe as a whole. You just have to do a little more due diligence. Obviously, online content and the $1 membership type sites based out of Cyprus: highly questionable. I've seen some bogus invest companies of late as well. I just hope folks don't avoid trading with entire countries due to these abuses. The situation is being abused by people from all over trying for the quick coin.

OEC

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Quote Originally Posted by One Eyed Cat View Post
    Cyprus is a "tax haven". You can essentially register a company anonymously and have very little paper trail. Estonia had bank secrecy laws until recently that created the same effect. I've had mostly positive experiences ordering from Eastern Europe as a whole. You just have to do a little more due diligence. Obviously, online content and the $1 membership type sites based out of Cyprus: highly questionable. I've seen some bogus invest companies of late as well. I just hope folks don't avoid trading with entire countries due to these abuses. The situation is being abused by people from all over trying for the quick coin.

OEC

It actually really sucks for legit internet professionals in those countries. Some of the best coders in the world right now are coming out of Eastern Europe, but many of them can't monetize their skills with affiliate marketing because so many billing companies ban all people from those countries outright. This goes for purchasing too. For example, the editor of Maxim Russia wanted a membership to BlueBlood.com and he finally wrote to me and told me the system kept rejecting his cards. Totally legit guy with totally legit credit cards and he just couldn't make a purchase because of his geographic location. (Russia is not 100% banned for purchases by all billing, but it is close.) I comped him of course, but the whole thing is a case of a few bad apples making things a drag for everyone.

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Amelia G View Post
    It actually really sucks for legit internet professionals in those countries. Some of the best coders in the world right now are coming out of Eastern Europe, but many of them can't monetize their skills with affiliate marketing because so many billing companies ban all people from those countries outright. This goes for purchasing too. For example, the editor of Maxim Russia wanted a membership to BlueBlood.com and he finally wrote to me and told me the system kept rejecting his cards. Totally legit guy with totally legit credit cards and he just couldn't make a purchase because of his geographic location. (Russia is not 100% banned for purchases by all billing, but it is close.) I comped him of course, but the whole thing is a case of a few bad apples making things a drag for everyone.
    Agreed. I have direct avenues to make some transactions, but commerce is being suppressed in Russia and a number of surrounding countries. It is unfortunate.

OEC

Always good to improve your vocabulary.

+ Reply to Thread