+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Death of the Media Machine

Same place but I have been just about everywhere inbetween

Default Death of the Media Machine

Okay as an avide news watcher and news reader. I was interested in what has happend with CBS. It seem the information the released about Goerge Bush was wrong. I only got snippets of what is going on. But myabe it's my conspiracy theories getting the best of me,but maybe it's Bush's way of telling the media to do things his way or else....could the US be close to complete state controlled media? is Wag the Dog in Full effect?

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

Default Re: Death of the Media Machine

yeah probably and its all wal-marts fault

WTF does walmart have to do with it? you Always blame WAL-ART, don't you go to school? a lil' insight would be a better approach. How do you feel about it do you care? how does that make you feel if CBS can botch it up so badly with facts that are open to the public....what i am saying is put 1+1 together...the Media can be a huge monster.....what about you rights and those of the media....

actually i tottaly agree with you the media is just a big machine thats why I only watch BBC america

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

I think KT may have been talking about the power that mega-corporations have. But yeah, it does scare me that the closer a country is to totalitarian dictatorship, the more likely it is to have a wholly controlled media. Our media is losing it's credibility, and I think that is very dangerous.

I don't want you too dude..I want your input..for all I know I could be completely fucking wrong.

no seriously I agree with you I hate american news its way to biased and half of the time its just a puppet media for politicians to attack each other and i wont even get in to government censorship

oh BTW you cant really be shure about that george W. stuff because there is actually documentation of him losing flight status on his record which i read about like 3 years ago so even if theese new letters are fake alot of what is in them is real though some of it is dstorted propaganda

exactley it just makes me scare liek Forrest said, I myself read only English Newspapers. Things are so bad that the parliament in Englad wants bush to keep his distance...litereally to figure out what is going on is like studying in University about a subject you have about 50 different books to get a simple answer but it's there you have to work at it..but it's news paper and the TV made for the common man....Once you abuse that and take advantage of it and manipulate people and the media..thigs are not good...

Well, I've certainly noticed a trend in the way that certain issues are handled, from a PR perspective. Lately, it seems that whenever someone has a strong issue, the opposition just throws a ton of confusion and misdirection at it until people are tired of hearing about it at all and give up on the truth. Which again, gets back to my point about what exactly the cost is these days for outright lies. It seems that whenever someone really gets caught, it just doesn't matter much at all.

no it's wierd I was talkin to my mom and she said everytime bush tells a lie he holds his head higher. The only time I ever saw bush get beaten and bloddies in an interview was with an Irish girl interviewing him form the indpendent press she had him pretty well ebaten up in a few seconds, I guess she didn't get the memo saying he's our press and please keep you Kid Gloves on I will find the article for you ok, but it was quite a sight. and Then You have rumy getting Osama and Sdam mixed up and going apes shit.....reminds me of that line from that Bad Religion song.."SO STICK YOU HEAD BETWEEN YOU LESG AND KISS YOUR ASS GOOD BYE!!!!!" I deffinetley these days feel my pucker factor going up every day I feel like whew another day survived that some dum politician didn't get as whacked

So, I guess somebody watched the news a little to long huh?

I get my news from the Daily Show, hahaha...

Hula Hoop Supervisor

In election years emotions and partisan politics cloud many peoples judgement and yes...even the "Educated People"...with so much "I hate Bush so anyone who supports him is wrong" goign around both sides of the coin are being less than honest. From the BBC to CNN and FOX (Say what you will about it but when you're at the top no one likes you.) each have their problems...and strengths. Do I trust any? Not 100%...I don't read newspapers anymore cause quite frankly I've had it with them...I'm sick of buying page after page of Editorial Policy. This is for EVERY nation and it's press...their is no TRUTHFUL paper published today...and as much as others have tried to convince me otherwise...I've yet to see credible proof. I had to play the behind the scenes bullshit for quite a few years and I know the tricks of the trade well enough to know manipulation and ratings grabs when I see it...though admitedly even in that their is some honest content...as odd as that is.

In terms of the CBS "Bush war record"...come on how complicated is this to people? They were dealing with fake documents that read like they are too good to be true and tried to sell em as truth. WHY is it is so hard to people to believe that those who HATE this administration can be and are evil fucking manipulative pricks? It's a powerplay on both sides and to think one side is saintly is insane...All this insane Bush is Hitler crap has made people who seem to have an education go off the deep end.

He's only in power for 8 years max...after that we get a new puppet to listen and play with. The Presidency is an institution not a man. As far as state controlled Media...that's jsut not how it works...Media is such big buisness and worth so much it's smarter and more realistic to think those who legally OWN those instituations are manipulating their own content for their OWN gain.

I'm sick to death of conspiracy nuts getting so much press and attention when simplicity and logic would dictate that Total Prick Editor of Major Newspaper #1 is far more two faced and manipulative than the President.

Trust me I would LOVE to fall into the naive belief that Bush is the singular problem in the world but time and time again people, nations, and the insane bullshit they spew in their OWN media proves otherwise.

Personal note...I don't give a fuck about Kerry or Bush's war records...it's Stupid to focus on them when more current and important issues are burning up the world around...it's all partisan politics and blind hatred...

I love that show yeah sometimes I think I need to get out a little more...enjoy the sighst and sounds....falls comming time to do some painting

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by ForrestBlack

I get my news from the Daily Show, hahaha...
    Hahah...yeah the Daily Show is great...hated the Kerry interview though...I was waiting for John to get on his fucking knees and bury his face into Kerry's crotch...talk about a wasted opportunity and scripted apperance.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by CPRB
    I love that show yeah sometimes I think I need to get out a little more...enjoy the sighst and sounds....falls comming time to do some painting
    Dude if you spend even 3 hours of your day listening tot he news and reading media sites....kill yourself now...it'll be a far less crueler way to die than to live a life buying into that bullshit.

News is entertainment these days...that's it. You want "truth"...good luck cause to be honest I don't think truth in media ever really existed.

me neaither it's more a cruel comedy written by Checkov about hoe fools a thirsty then anything no not three hours....it use to really bug me when iwas younger..now I just watch it and laugh....

Hula Hoop Supervisor

me neaither it's more a cruel comedy written by Checkov about hoe fools a thirsty then anything no not three hours....it use to really bug me when iwas younger..now I just watch it and laugh....
    I prefer to watch movies...if I gotta sell my soul to anyone then Hollywood would be better...better a life in dream then a life in reality.

I will beat myself up in reality..mind you I don't think even kill bill Vol 2 could do waht this world does to me some days......

Hula Hoop Supervisor

I will beat myself up in reality..mind you I don't think even kill bill Vol 2 could do waht this world does to me some days......
    Sounds like you need to get laid...or at least really drunk. Relax...the world is not really as fucked up as the TV would like us to believe.

oh I know...I'm relaxed..just very synical..I'd make a great Bill

Hula Hoop Supervisor

One really has to stand back at times and remember that Media outlets are jsut another peice for people of various agendas to achieve what they desire...

hewhoisagod's Avatar Captain Obvious

interesting fact............ in 1980 there were 50 corporations that produced the news........... now......... there are 6

Quote Originally Posted by hewhoisagod
    interesting fact............ in 1980 there were 50 corporations that produced the news........... now......... there are 6
    Ok, that's just creepy

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

who gives a flying fuck about George Bush? seriously. Is he going to sit down and have dinner with me? No. he doesn't have anything to do with my life, and his military record has jack and shit to do with how he's going to be spending our tax dollars. if you need a reason to dislike him there's about 500 in the four years he was president.
    I'm not sure who said it but someone once said " the only difference between Hollywood and Washington DC, is that politicians are just actors that aren't good looking enough to be celebrities." that's about right.

+ Reply to Thread