+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hardcore dancing

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

Default Hardcore dancing

What are your thoughts on it? like it? dislike it? find it amusing, or stupid?

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

Default Re: Hardcore dancing

I'm not sure I understand. Could you explain it a little more?

Mekahoel The Pandafist's Avatar Cold, wet and hungry

I suppose he means the "kung-fu" kids at all the concerts these days who don't kow how to slam or mosh, so they stand around and flail their arms around like hydrophobe in the middle of the Pacific. I think that is the stupidest thing I have ever seen. Aside from Marylin Manson.

Let the flame war begin!

skully's Avatar Senior Member
    northern jersey(my dad has been a bridge and tunnel rat my whole life and i am following in his footsteps)

humor in the truth... so fuck you if you take this to seriously
    the four types of mosh pits i wind up in:

1)a good old fashioned metal fest slam pit: most often found in big music festivals like ozzfest or the like, these types of pits have alot of insane people running around and pushing each other into others...sometimes creating circles... and occasionally jumping up a little when hitting the walls of the pit. this is my favorite type of pit and most often the one that if someone falls they will be picked right up in.

2)a good old fashioned metal fest slam pit(on steroids): similar to above except the pit is filled with huge muscular guys usually raging on steroids or beer this is the pit where your average person is best to stay out of...it seems like you have to be either very serious and loooking to hurt someone or just to big to move when some jacked asshole slams you hard hoping to knock you on the ground and laugh while you get trampled...or someone else gets thrown your way and trips over your face. oh and there is always that one little scrawnny fuck who has his shirt half ripped off his skin beet red and enjoys getting slammed hard from one end of the pit to the other either this kid loves to get pounded... or he is to fucked up on something to realize it. but the big guys basically use him as a dodgeball to attack someone on the other side of the bit. and yes if the other guy drops the kid he is out of the pit and must walk to the very back of the venue away from the band until at least the second song is over.

3)hardcore show dance pit: more often then not found at the little vfw hardcore venues or smaller clubs that support the local hardcore scene this pit isn't really a pit this is a few losers trying to do their best dance to impress the one or two 16y/o girls watching,and hopefully keep some of the other "dancers" away from them so they don't get there rythym messed up. occasionally you will get one big guy or one little kid who will jsut run through everyone's "rythym" getting people pissed and sometimes causing a fight if the dancers have any balls left in them.

4)hardcore show pit: this is the real deal kind of a cross between the good ol pit on steroids and the dancing kids except that these guys mean business their moves don't JUST look good but will actually FUCK YOU UP if you step into one of there "pulling weeds" and to further draw the balance between the two types of pits here instead of getting laughed at for getting a bloody nose as you would in the steroid pit here you get mad props(as long as you don't cry and go in at least one more time to cover everyone else with some of your blood
    although people are still trying to hurt you at least they can laugh and smile about it afterwards...

ok so thats my experiences and being a bouncer/concert security i have gone to more then my fair share of shows.

I think he's thinking about happy hardcore

TheDeathKnight's Avatar Senior Member

Or industrial stompyness perhaps...

no, I was refering kind of to what skully was talking about.

Sceptic_Messiah's Avatar Senior Member

heh i think it's funny im never quite sure if i should keep on laughing or call an ambulance

although I don't like it when dumb ass jock metal heads at a punk show try to run around and butt heads while everyone else is trying to circle pitt.

I think it's stupid, but that's also why it's fun. as long as people know that they are being ridiculous, and are just trying to have fun and dance, then it's cool. people shouldn't take shit too serious. that's when pitts get out of hand, cuz you have one asshole that think's it's a boxing ring, sure yer supposed to get a little banged up, but the point is to have fun, not turn the pitt into a place to start fights with people.

killerkat's Avatar Malice?

saw cannibal corpse last march i was a far forward as you could go (literally,aganst the little waist wall)and it was such a small place(the masquerade atl,ga) that the whole 95%of the people got thown into the most buital pit ive ever seen and ive been to many many metal shows this pitercular was terribly dangouros,i got nailed in the head with a boot like 9 times

i came prepared though ,3or 4 hydrocodones before show ,can't feel your damn legs much less some ass kickin you in the head

TheDeathKnight's Avatar Senior Member

Yeah... I was at a Rammstein show, and I was up front watching the opening bands. Nothing too exciting going on. No pits, etc... But then one of the opening bands was SoulFly... I had never heard of them before, and as soon as they started, the whole venue erupted into a huge pit of Soulfy fans. I was not able to escape the crush, except by going through the pit. It was insane. The only cool thing was that they had these huge Brazilian guys in the center, and when some asshole started hitting people, they would charge from the center, and throw the guy out of the pit. Like through the air, over the crowd, out of the pit... It was a cool show though, and I went and got their CD.

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

i damn near got my nose broken at a marilyn manson concert once because i did a stage dive and some ass kept pumping his fist in the air it was actually fun because noone did that at the time and noone was expecting it so kocked a bunch of people down and there was a large gap in the pit then i got kicked out later for cursing at one of the security dudes haha

funkatron's Avatar Dead Agent

All I know is that I'm too old for this shit. 8)

Huntsab's Avatar Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by OliX
    I think he's thinking about happy hardcore
    Happy hardcore sux give me Gabba or Digital Hardcore like Atari teenage riot.

the hardcore he means is the first and only hardcore "HARDCORE PUNK"

The band Siege were the forefathers of this genre with the much aclaimed demo "Drop dead" from 1984, and was quickly followed by Napalm death, Ripcord, Electro Hippies (who went on to form Carcass with Bill Steer from Napalm Death) and many more! 7 seconds, Sperm Birds Dr and The crippens so on and so forth!

Although you listen to some Jazz from the 50's it sounds hardcore as fuck with blast beats and all!!!!!!

Same place but I have been just about everywhere inbetween

I Alwasy Thought Minor Threat, Bad Brains....were Hardcore to me ot was this aggrsive nagst against apathy and stagnent thinking. as for the dancing or "weed pulling" Hardcore is one of those music genres which is very sad in a very unfortunate way. Fast music and aggresive, it attracts alot of people who are anything but decent. Hardcore bands have some of the most deep political and scoial comments of today. a few of my Faves, Minor Threat, bad Brains, Refused, Snapcase, Raised Fist, Gorrilla Busicuts( who started the whole straight edge thing) There are many others too....but I can't stand the dancing and the ignoarnt agrresiveness....listen to some of these badns lyrics they deffinetly ever wanted face bashing morons at thier shows.....

sorry for the type O's...that makes no sense and ruins what iwas trying to say.....uuuggggh.....sorry.

yeah, Earth Crisis is a pretty funny HxC band. they are like extreme ELF/ALF and advocate killing and maiming people for eating meat and chopping down trees.

okay lets try this again, yeah Earth Crisis...they just suck, and it's becasue of thier fans and thier attitudes....but there are alot of great hardcore bands. but it's just those goddamn morons who think it's an hour of beating the shit outta people. Weed Pulling is for the front yard shithead not the pit.

Huntsab's Avatar Junior Member

What makes me chuckle is the people that get into it because they become animal rights activists or earth liberationists. They don't really like the music but listen only for what the band stands for.

Many times I have seen whilst sabotaging foxhunts people that were listening to commericial music, and probably hating punk/hardcore suddenly liking it. I sure when they go home they put REM on or the levellers

Eternal throes's Avatar Senior Member

I LOVE THE MOSH PIT.

If people didn't pit at shows I'd probably get kicked out of a lot of shows for trying to start one.
    I went to see Ministry at BB kings a short while ago. I had cought the flue, thrown up and been in bed for a week stright. Yet I was dying more over the fact that I'd miss it. So on the night of the show I got up showered and got on the train. I was falling a sleep as well as fainting from not having ate much. But when Ministry got up on stage I could not stop my self. I moshed like hell that night stomach pain and all. It was a great show .

Eternal throes's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by CPRB
    as for the dancing or "weed pulling" Hardcore is one of those music genres which is very sad in a very unfortunate way. Fast music and aggresive, it attracts a lot of people who are anything but decent. I can't stand the dancing and the ignoarnt agrresiveness....listen to some of these bands lyrics they deffinetly never wanted face bashing morons at thier shows.....
    I 've gone to a number of shows in which people are piting in an inappropriate maner for their enviornment.There are a lot of hardcore fans who don't listen to the bands message and take the pit as their therapeudic punching bag. I don't think there is any thing wrong with piting as long as everyone in the pit is respected. After all everyone there is just trying to enjoy the show weather it involves getting in the mosh pit or not. In other words don't push or hit anyone who is obviously trying to exit the pit or who is to weak for you. And don't force someone to pit as hard as you are by repeatedly slaming into or punching them. When I'm in the pit, I often find that a lot of people in the outer area of the pit don't want to go as hardcore as those inside of the pit so I gust don't hit them as hard and try to get back in the center where I can really go . If someone doesn't want to pit as hard as you find someone else who will. Pitting should be fun and concentual. I really hate seeing dumb fucks who just don't know when to stop.

yeah, I really hate it when you're in the pitt and than you go by the edge and some guy gives you a big shove.. it's like dude, if you wanna push me around, quite bein a little pussy, and get in the pitt, don't just stand on the sidelines and try and act hard.

CorporateGoth's Avatar Devout follower of Bob

I spent the bulk of my time going to death metal shows back in the late 80's, early 90's. Ive survived pits at Deicide, Death, Morbid Angel, Slayer, etc..... several times. Most of the time, it's alot of fun and generally people look out for one another. Unfortunatley, there's always an asshole who just dosen't get it and is simply out to hurt someone (or everyone). Strangely enough.....worst pit I was ever in....Smashing Pumpkins, off of "Gish" at the Ritz (R.I.P.). Someone kept kicking me in the small of the back. I turned around to give a little bit back, and it was a 12 yr old girl. Time to bail...

+ Reply to Thread