+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Criminal Intent

HempKnight's Avatar Large Member

Default Criminal Intent

This has nothing to do with the cop show...
    This is about the current status of the drug industry here,
    prescription drugs.
    I ended up in the hospital about a month ago and it looks like I'm heading back again for the same thing.
    This is after spending a small fortune on the painkillers and antibiotics, that didn't seem to fucking work.

Now, I could just suffer through and save myself a shitload of money by ordering the same antibiotics online without a perscription, have them imported from overseas... this would be cheaper and save my life.

Since they are not narcotics and it's not like I'm buying a ton of them, only a two week dose for myself... should the US Customs decide to get a bug up their ass and hold my order, have me arrested and take me to court for illegal importation... should saving a couple hundred bucks and my life make me a fucking criminal ??

skully's Avatar Senior Member
    northern jersey(my dad has been a bridge and tunnel rat my whole life and i am following in his footsteps)

Default Re: Criminal Intent

well you can try to get a prescription and then just buy them online anyway... surely not the same thing but i have been thinking of doing that for my allergy medicine i take allegra but since claritin is otc my insurance won't cover allegra... so i am thinking of getting the script and then filling it online...

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

i'd do it online chances are the government wont bother with it

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

not to mention if you do get arrested youd have a pretty good case in court

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Usually prescriptions costs a lot more online, but you don't have the doctor expense. I think, if you have a doctor, it is probably better to just go to him or her or perhaps phone and say you are relapsing. Sometimes you might get a bit of charity from a phone call. Whatever you do, definitely take care of yourself.

I'm not a doctor, but if the last course of antibiotics did not work, probably you should have a medical pro switch up what you are taking anyway.

I'm not a lawyer, but I doubt anyone cares if you order antibiotics online. Just might not be the most economical method or the one to get you the most appropriate medication.

TheDeathKnight's Avatar Senior Member

Hang out in Mexico while you take your drugs....

You can have them fill any perscription you want.

Quote Originally Posted by AmeliaG
    Usually prescriptions costs a lot more online, but you don't have the doctor expense. I think, if you have a doctor, it is probably better to just go to him or her or perhaps phone and say you are relapsing. Sometimes you might get a bit of charity from a phone call. Whatever you do, definitely take care of yourself.

I was surprised to find that the prescription that I had just gotten locally (generic half price of name brand) online shipped from an island country (with a possible 3 - 30 day wait) with no prescription and at one third the price for name brand than what I had paid for generic.

I realise that it all may be a gamble: lost order, long wait, possible legal problems... etc. But even with previous medical training, I find myself losing faith in the medical systems here in the states with rising expenses, misdiagnosis, bumbled procedures and such. To make matters worse I have no health insurance nor a doctor here in this state to rely on, after the last 12 hour ordeal in the ER I'm not exactly looking forward to a repeat of the procedure but at this point in the game I'm willing to do just about anything.

After living all over the world it really burns my ass to think that the US is supposedly this great and all-powerful nation, the bully of all other nations, they will send support to other countries and whatnot but seem to piss on their own people at every opportunity possible. I don't expect to see a dime of the small fortune I have paid into the Social Security fund by time I retire... I have a friend who at age 50 has paid exactly $1,666 dollars to the government in taxes in his lifetime, but has made in excess of uncounted millions being a drug dealer.... I guess I'm just in the wrong business.

And I will certainly take care of myself at all costs, no matter the expense, because it took me this long to find my Nudemuse and I'm not about to leave her... I have way too much to live for and look forward to in the future to die over something minor as this. (minor being relative to it's not extremely life threatening as in cancer or such a disease that is incurable.) Although it has claimed lives through improper treatment and care.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Well you gotta factor in man that other nations can afford to sell perscription drugs cheaper since they do not fund the R&D to produce them. Most perscription drug companies work out of the U.S. and spend serious cash to develop all sorts of drugs...few nations outside of the U.S. fund them so they have two choices....charge the prices they do here to keep research up...or close up shop and change to a diffrent field.

Ideally EVERY major nation should fund drug research like that so that prices remain low and affordable...but their is too much money in that for it to happen. Even other nations get in on the action by undercutting the U.S. prices...practicly pure profit profit for them.

It's a system that needs a serious overhaul...soon.

A lot of those supposedly super cheap sites from foreign countries are scams where they just send you a package with a note claiming customs grabbed your goods. Any of this helpful?

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeathKnight

Ahhh... yes... I miss the days of going to Mexico (for a number of reasons... one being the $100 for a pound of mota)
    But in my current condition I'm not well enough to travel that far and with being only 2 hours away from Vancouver, if I was actually well enough and legal for a border crossing, I would just simply go buy a bottle of Tylenol 222s for pain management until my online drugs arrive.

But I will probably just give in and head to the ER this weekend depending on how things progress in the next couple of days, even over night I have made improvements but will still need the whole slew of CBCs ran to ensure this won't happen again.

Even if you don't qualify for an assistance type of clinic, you can just bust out the phone book and call doctors from the yellow pages in the area you need or just general practice folks. That is going to be waaaaaaaaaaaaaay cheaper than the ER. For years, I put off all medical stuff until it was an ER issue and I am neither richer nor healthier for it. Just a suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeathKnight

Yes I agree...I live on the border crossing into Mexico...and we go get prescriptions over there all the time! All my doctors are in Mexico. I just trust them more to treat the problem instead of just keeping me coming back for more and running up the cost!!! Believe it or not there are really good doctors over there! Exp. in Monterrey, Mexico! You should try and order some from Mexico!

depends on the drugs what are the names if you don;t mind i mean if it was something with a high "street value" thell hang you from a tree but if there not addictive ect. then you will be okay. perhaps its not a good idea to say if you did i would know what was wrong with you.

if the drugs have low strret value its less of a charge

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

that's the reason why drugs are so expensive.They should just be able to give them out without a prescription and for cheap, but they have to resort to making them so hard to get because they know that all sorts of poeple that didn't need them would just buy them and abuse them and even those that do have a prescritpion will sell them on the street as you put it. so because people in this country are so fucked up and addicted to drugs, people that really need them for serious health reasons can't get them, while people that want to get high can obtain them reletively easily and illegally.

Quote Originally Posted by AmeliaG
    Even if you don't qualify for an assistance type of clinic, you can just bust out the phone book and call doctors from the yellow pages in the area you need or just general practice folks. That is going to be waaaaaaaaaaaaaay cheaper than the ER. For years, I put off all medical stuff until it was an ER issue and I am neither richer nor healthier for it. Just a suggestion.

Oh I more than qualify at this point... I bankrupted myself personally and professionally with absorbing my mother's medical expenses that weren't covered by her insurance. I spent every bit of her death benefits moving here and supporting myself in between, so in fact I am now penniless with the exception of a few hidden assets back east as far as objects and properties that could be sold for quick cash.

And I do have to thank you for your link, I had been looking at local resources and hadn't come across that one... I know exactly where they are (which is a big plus as I'm still not used to this city yet), they seem to be more of what I want, need and was looking for than the others and being rated in the top 10% of the nation makes me feel a bit better as well.

As far as being able to just find a doctor, that has been next to impossible as I still have no vaild ID for this state and when I present my out-of-state ID, they wince with the thought of non-payment.. a bit easier with the ER because they know they aren't getting paid and bill it to a non-existant address.

But the SMC is getting a call from me in the morning and arrangements will be made, thanks again Amelia... you rawk (no matter what Lange says about you )

Quote Originally Posted by LrdSatanas
    depends on the drugs what are the names if you don;t mind i mean if it was something with a high "street value" thell hang you from a tree but if there not addictive ect. then you will be okay. perhaps its not a good idea to say if you did i would know what was wrong with you.

Well there isn't any, if much, street value for any kind of Cephalosporins, unless you got a junkie with a bacterial infection.

+ Reply to Thread