+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Does one celebrate?

Weblogger
    Born in London, bred in Yorkshire, laid in Dublin.

Default Does one celebrate?

Do you celebrate when you reach a certain milestone? By milestone I mean when you've done something a certain number of times, or been active in something for a set number of years (twenty-five years the same barstool and the same beer counts too!)?

This is my one hundredth post to Blue Blood. Should I roll out the barrel and get drunk over this marvellous milestone?

Will Judy's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: Does one celebrate?

You did go out and get drunk, right?

Weblogger

Chance would be a fine thing!

MistressJennifer's Avatar Senior Member

I guess you should be drinking Absinthe... Or Laudenum. No wait, you should be drinking blood mixed with Laudenum and Absinthe...

Champagne would be OK though.

I sort of celebrate each year, and list the things I have accomplished.

Weblogger

Quote Originally Posted by MistressJennifer
    Champagne would be OK though.
    Blood is outside my vegetarian remit, but I always have a bottle of champagne lying about (not the sekt these German chappies drink, but real French Champagne). This weekend, me and my champagne bottle.

Tell me, what is your favorite French Champagne? I am going to buy some for my friend's birthday party. Moet & Chandon? Mumms?

Oh, I have been looking at your website on the Graftschaft Hoya, fascinating place, it seems timeless and eternal, but sort of melancholy...

Depends on the subject, but sure.

Weblogger

Tell me, what is your favorite French Champagne? I am going to buy some for my friend's birthday party. Moet & Chandon? Mumms?
    Moet & Chandon every time. I was given a bottle of Mumm at a political function a few months ago, and it's still in the fridge.

Oh, I have been looking at your website on the Graftschaft Hoya, fascinating place, it seems timeless and eternal, but sort of melancholy...
    A bit melancholy I suppose, but so many fascinating corners, even in its now much reduced size. I wish I had time to update!

So you did that entire website yourself? Wow. That's really impressive. I don't really mean that it is melancholy, more sort of timeless, it never seems to change through the decades.

Moet & Chandon it is! Now I have to find a place where they don't charge a fortune for it!

Weblogger

So you did that entire website yourself? Wow. That's really impressive. I don't really mean that it is melancholy, more sort of timeless, it never seems to change through the decades.
    I know what you mean. However, it is constantly changing. Tomorrow a new supermarket opens next to the railway station; all modern where the station house is a one hundred year old half-timber building. New estates are being filled with new houses around the edge of the town and near villages which belong to the region; but these have to follow very strict building guidelines.

Meanwhile we are trying to save the oldest house in the centre of the town (1604) which a developer wanted to pull down and replace with a shop. Got to save those pennies, which is a bitch since I already bought one house this year ...

Thanks for the compliments, though!

Weblogger

Moet & Chandon it is! Now I have to find a place where they don't charge a fortune for it!
    Let me know what you pay, I like comparing prices between countries. I paid 40 Euro last time (per bottle) for a reserve, which is between 40 and 50 US.

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

I am a Philistine. I like Moet White Star. It is a bit fruitier and less dry than more expensive varieties. Around $125 in a restaurant and $35 in a store.

Yes, here in NYC it seems to be about $29.00 to $31.00, so plus tax, about the same as in LA!

Well girls, let us all toast to 100 posts, and raise a glass of Moet & Chandon White Star!!!

Same place but I have been just about everywhere inbetween

I had a glass sog oj after getting aout of bed wooohooo alive yet another day

postcoital's Avatar Curiously Strong Altoid

Now I feel cheap for paying 2.50 for a beer in a bar :|

Will Judy's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmeliaG
    I am a Philistine. I like Moet White Star. It is a bit fruitier and less dry than more expensive varieties. Around $125 in a restaurant and $35 in a store.
    Oooh! Oooh! Louis Roederer Brut Premier is your new best friend. (You may know Roederer as the house behind Cristal prestige cuvée, fave tipple of over-rewarded pop musicians the world over.) The non-vintage Brut Premier goes for about $40 a bottle if you shop a bit, and it just fucking kills.

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Will Judy
    Oooh! Oooh! Louis Roederer Brut Premier is your new best friend. (You may know Roederer as the house behind Cristal prestige cuvée, fave tipple of over-rewarded pop musicians the world over.) The non-vintage Brut Premier goes for about $40 a bottle if you shop a bit, and it just fucking kills.
    That sounds awesome!

TheQuietPlace's Avatar The Delivery Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Nightingale
    Chance would be a fine thing!
    I bet I would be a fine thing :P heheheh I joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Judy
    I am going to get that one too, I will keep that in the fridge in case that English bigshot ever comes over...

Maybe one of the Louis Roedere Brut Premier, and one of the Moet & Chandon White Star!! Dalling!!!

Weblogger

Quote Originally Posted by TheQuietPlace
    I bet I would be a fine thing :P heheheh I joke.
    Could have been interesting.

Weblogger

Quote Originally Posted by postcoital
    Now I feel cheap for paying 2.50 for a beer in a bar :|
    I feel cheap no matter which beer I drink in a bar! At the moment my tipple of choice is beer / cola mix - there are many different ones over here - which all go for between 1.50 and 2.00 Euro. A good beer costs from 2.80 (small) to 7.00 (Oktoberfest). Until recently I was drinking red wine in bars, until the owner of the bar got lazy and just kept on getting the same one in stock each time - boring. Never bought champagne in a resataurant over here; most only have Sekt (sparkling wine) anyway, and that isn't my thing.

purplepixie's Avatar Senior Member

wow germany is cheap you should find a reason to celebrate everynight at that price!!! I would join you in a internet drinking celebratery session but im still recovering from the embaressmant of friday night least I know what happened now though

Quote Originally Posted by purplepixie
    wow germany is cheap you should find a reason to celebrate everynight at that price!!! I would join you in a internet drinking celebratery session but im still recovering from the embaressmant of friday night least I know what happened now though
    OK tell us what embaressing thing happened on Friday night....

Weblogger

Quote Originally Posted by purplepixie
    Germany is certainly cheaper in many things compared to the UK, and we have about 5600 different beers here too, which makes things even more pleasurable. However, I still managed to find pleasure drinking a few pints of John Smith's a while back, as a change from the heavier beers here. And no, it wasn't cheap.

Weblogger

OK tell us what embaressing thing happened on Friday night....
    Yeah, nosy people want to know ...

Weblogger

My typing is getting too quick. I just saw the 'only one posting every thirty seconds' error message for the first time!

Slow

Down

Now.

+ Reply to Thread