+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Odd theory I was thinking of.

Default Odd theory I was thinking of.

In most cultures, they make reference to Dragons, yet science claims that most of those creatures are not real.

What do you think of My theory:

Perhaps the Dragons of Legend were really Dinosaurs, or a descendant of some sort?

It is possible in My opinion, since countless species that we never even new about are well past extinct since then.

What do you think?

Forgive the sentance structures.

koolagh's Avatar Resident Barbarian

Default Re: Odd theory I was thinking of.

My theory is that these ancient people could have been plowing up fields, or walking along dry river beds, and discovered the skeletons of dinosaurs, and with imaginations being what they are, people concocted stories about these great creatures and created dragons as an excuse for these discoveries.

quite possible koolagh.... It could be so that some of them survived and got known by ancient cultures, or maybe even that there existed something or someone that we still don't have knowlenge about. And that they passed stories on.

It was long ago when I readed about it but i remember that there was 2 towns builded on same principes but on different parts of world. One in Asia and one in South America. They both was builded on top of the cliffs and they had sewer system and they used same architecture in building structures. Around 10.000 years ago.... no one have clue about connection between these cities (except similarity)

as all people on earth have legends about dragons, it would seem logical to me that there were indeed dragons

(i don't like the dinosaur theory too much, as dragons are usually described more snake-like, from the linnorm to the chinese dragons)

flame goddess

what do you guys think about fairies and elves and stuff? after all, they're in the same stories as dragons. how do you all explain them? i know some of the oriental culture still believe in dragons but on another plane of reality. they think that the two realities overlap periodically, where most of the time dragons can't be seen but can still effect their lives. kind of how wiccans feel, where halloween is the one day in the year that the line between the two realities is the thinnest. i dunno, i'm just babbling now.

Either way, I still believe in all of that stuff.

On a side note: They found a species of Horse that was thought to be extinct. Even though it is endagered, the horse is a type that has not been found since prehistoric times, and at least the ice age.

+ Reply to Thread