+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bitchtastic

Caligula's Avatar Senior Member

Default Bitchtastic

I don't know if any of you are familiar with this e-zine, but if you're not and you like a little truly wicked laugh-out-loud gossip, then I thoroughly recommend popbitch.
    Subscribe here http://www.popbitch.com/
    It sails boldly close to the libel courts and is often the only e-mail I look forward to each week.

It's British-based, so some of the gossip will go right over other folks' heads if you don't know the assholes concerned (example - Michael Winner's an ex-hack film director, smug little shit, and pompous restaurant critic notorious for treating waiting staff with appalling contempt. Popbitch ran a thread for a while whereby people in the catering industry could anonymously reveal just what 'extra ingredients' they added to his food. You get the general idea...). Other pieces are more internationally recognisable (the absurd riders demanded by various egomaniacal but retarded r'n'b 'artists' always make me chuckle).

Anyhoo - just thought I'd share...

Weblogger
    Born in London, bred in Yorkshire, laid in Dublin.

Default Re: Bitchtastic

Interesting link to vibrators there, although I'm sure the e-mag is just as good ...

Eh? Oh, I think I get you. It's not a web-zine, it's an e-zine. I've probably got the jargon all wrong there - the page is for 'signing up' for your weekly dose of humorous celebrity-baiting. I fully undertstand folks' reluctance to stick your e-mail address on-line. All I can say is I did, and as far as I'm concerned these guys are straight up and cool.

Nudemuse's Avatar Queen of all Fatassia.

I like their board. I might have to sign up for that. And I think bitchtastic is going to be my word of the day.

Weblogger
    Born in London, bred in Yorkshire, laid in Dublin.

Quote Originally Posted by Caligula
    I fully undertstand folks' reluctance to stick your e-mail address on-line. All I can say is I did, and as far as I'm concerned these guys are straight up and cool.
    That's what we have throwaway accounts for, and when it works it can transfer to a real one.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightingale
    That's what we have throwaway accounts for, and when it works it can transfer to a real one.
    Indeed. Just thought it worth adding that Popbitch can be a little naughty, so if your boss disapproves of internet filth on company time, best not subscribe via a work account.

+ Reply to Thread