+ Reply to Thread

Thread: all night dance parties

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Default all night dance parties

Have you ever been to a party you would consider a rave? Been part of what you would call a rave scene? Opinions?

Same place but I have been just about everywhere inbetween

Default Re: all night dance parties

like the music....but never part of the scene really

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

ive gone to raves but ive never really been part of the scene

Weblogger
    Born in London, bred in Yorkshire, laid in Dublin.

All night parties, sure. Back in the seventies in London, as punk was hitting the scene in the 100 Club and around Camden. Not the rave scene as we know it today, but those parties were the bomb.

bre.star's Avatar Senior Member

yah ive been in the rave scene since i was 14. it used to be my life, but ive grown and matured and got bored of the people. i love dancing all night, i love the music, but im just lame now adays and would rather be at home sleeping. its still a big part of my life because it exposed me to so much and ive learned a lot, but everyone gets "jaded" sooner or later... i still go every once in a while...i find raves a lot better than shows, except i have been to a few that have blown me away (like rasputina)...but yah..

Scott's Avatar Senior Member

I spent a lot of time doing the rave thing when i was younger and I enjoyed it for a while..
    But then i started getting older and the idea of staying out until the sun comes up doesnt appeal to me so much anymore

Not that there is even much a music scene where i live
    hehe.. but if i have the choice, i would prefer a bar or a club where i can hear some music, get drunk, and be home by 2am

I used to be a big raver. "party kid" lived in the scean forever. IT was a blast. All the drugs i could want. Selling drugs to get more drugs. Sence i qwit doing exstasy, krystal, K, and coke it kinda killed it for me. I tried going to clubs and enjoying myself. It just sucked without the drugs. I kinda figure that I was so fucked up all the time it was a balst no matter where i was. I'll take a good metal show any day now. And electronic music annoys me most the time now also. Its been qwite a few years. I was a bigtime metalhead before it and after i found my way back into place. It was fucking fun tho.

skully's Avatar Senior Member
    northern jersey(my dad has been a bridge and tunnel rat my whole life and i am following in his footsteps)

from ages 16-19 i was probably more raver then anything else... then i was old enough to get into clubs and found myself working at a goth club and then it was all downhill from there(although i still don't consider myself totally goth either it is the scene i am most involved with)

skully's Avatar Senior Member
    northern jersey(my dad has been a bridge and tunnel rat my whole life and i am following in his footsteps)

thoughts on raves:

i liked raves alot but only when they weren't total drug pits... of course there were always plenty of drugs to go around i didn't like feeling like i was the only one not doing drugs... so some parties were a little off... most where pretty damn kool. i got bored and tired of the scene when i realized that there were more kids under the age of 18 then there were kids over...especially when half of the kids where cracked out on something...especially that young... not that i'm against drugs but there has to be a balance between things...

manifestevil's Avatar Junior Member

i'm part of a sound system in sydney called Killerwatts System (i'd post the site but don't have the privilledges yet) and we've been doing free parties for a while, its alittle bit more intense than your usual free party i guess, one of our last parties was an abatoir theme and we decorated with corpses we made from brushing latex.
    I'm really enjoying beaing part of it and can't wait to put on the next one which i hope will be for halloween.

+ Reply to Thread