+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Do you ever eat something and imagine it is something else disturbing?

bre.star's Avatar Senior Member

Default Do you ever eat something and imagine it is something else disturbing?

I was just eating a burrito and for some reason the tortilla had the texture of skin.

Whenever I eat cold speghetti I feel all grossed out after watching an Americas Most Wanted episode when a killer made a speghetti-looking dinner out of a man he killed.

I know this is a weird topic, but it freaks me out

Default Re: Do you ever eat something and imagine it is something else disturbing?

BBQ Sauce as Blood.

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

Default Re: Do you ever eat something and imagine it is something else disturbing?

kinda like that game you play in the dark where you pretend diferent foods are diferent parts of a person like skinless grapes are the eyes, spagheti is his intestnes etc

Weblogger
    Born in London, bred in Yorkshire, laid in Dublin.

No. Since I mainly cook I tend to know exactly what is in everything. I do wind other people up, though. Aside from cooking pure vegetarian stuff anf not telling meateaters that there is no meat in there, that is. I have a daughter who hates/d spinach. I cooked a spinach au gratin especially for her. She looked at it and asked whether there was any spinach in it. I have a habit of not lying, so I said 'there's parsley in there', which isn't a lie although it doesn't answer her question. She ate a full portion with no problems and now happily eats spinach whenever I cook it.

postcoital's Avatar Curiously Strong Altoid

Quote Originally Posted by Nightingale
    [...] Aside from cooking pure vegetarian stuff anf not telling meateaters that there is no meat in there, that is. [...]
    That's the meanest thing ever. A pals girlfriend did that to me when I've been visiting them in Stockholm. The first and the last time I ate Tofu wieners. Yuck..

Weblogger

Quote Originally Posted by postcoital
    That's the meanest thing ever. A pals girlfriend did that to me when I've been visiting them in Stockholm. The first and the last time I ate Tofu wieners. Yuck..
    Ah, but I'm a damn fine cook, and I make sure that what they are eating is both healthy and tastes good. Now, tofu sausages (frankfurter, Wiener or whatever) come in different sorts; pick the wrong ones and people spot it straightaway. You just gotta be careful!

postcoital's Avatar Curiously Strong Altoid

It's been the ones without any actual taste. When I'm eating spaghetti and there are little round pieces of saussage, I expect them being wieners. I didn't even notice it was tofu, until they told me.

Weblogger

Quote Originally Posted by postcoital
    It's been the ones without any actual taste.
    Sad, because the ones with spices in are actually delicious. The best ones I've had (Weiner) come from Real, and the best soya steaks I bought in a Reformhaus.

+ Reply to Thread