+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What Were You Like As A Child?

MistressJennifer's Avatar Senior Member

Default What Were You Like As A Child?

Were you shy? Smart? Outgoing? Withdrawn? Popular? A Loner? What games did you like to play?

Thurbane316's Avatar Throbbing Member

Default Re: What Were You Like As A Child?

I was smart, introverted, but not aloner (I had a core of about 6 good friends, most of whom I still hang with today). I was pretty tall and big for my age, so I got picked on a lot by older kids who thought they had point to prove. I snapped one day, and slammed some obnoxious kids head into a locker. They mostly left me alone after that.

My teachers hated me - I was the class clown for sure. What really annoyed them was that I could play head games on their level. I made one of my teachers burst into tears just by taunting her verbally when I was about 8.

Games? Got into D&D pretty young. I am a total video game junky, from the days of arcade games, to consoles and especially PC.

For someone who was so antisocial when I was young, I'm very outgoing now.

A lot more outgoing, and with better conversation skills.

hewhoisagod's Avatar Captain Obvious

Bipolar, I was pretty much a nomad so I had few friends.......... the more things change....

Forestghost's Avatar Knowlege is power!

I was pretty normal in elementary school, but once I hit highschool, I became the resident punching-bag (not physically, emotionally). I was smart and had my own opinions of the world, and the majority of the people at my school either ignored me or abused me every chance they got. Of course, the abusers are more than likely losers themselves now (being student council president will only get you so far in the REAL world).

I had a few friends, but the constant abuse basically made my youth nearly unbearable.

But I CAN'T WAIT to get to my high school reunion and show everyone how successful, sexy and happy I am now!

postcoital's Avatar Curiously Strong Altoid

'nuff said...

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

letsee me as a kid.....hold on it's comming.... that was a long time ago.....wait...aha! I was pretty weird even then. You know being 5 and my favourite movie being Wizards. Having a giant green felt mushroom that I'd eihter sit on as a stool and read aloud to all my dolls and stuffed animals, or turn it upside down on my water bed (the stem was hollow) and be one girl lost at sea. I've always had a very vivid imagination and a littel kooky, which might be a side effect of either being able to read by the age of three, and not little primary readers either but full on books, or my mummy dearest's fondness for hallucinogens durring the early months of her pregnancy with me. Unicorns, fairies, wizards, elves and dwarves...Heck! MY imaginary friend was a dragon that rescued me from the monsters under my bed (Stephan was the shit roasting those monsters to a sizzly crisp). Only difference between then and now is I'm a little smarter and have ALOT more frineds (count 'em ~ three).
    K

If it matters at all, you can count Me for a friend.

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

i was a weird kid when i was little but smart to they moved me two grades ahead in elementary school, but i was likeable enough to not get picked on by the older kids. my fascination with pirates began at age 5 when we would sing some pirate song in class and during reeces i would play on a boat shaped jungle gym in the school yard that is is still there altho its a bit rusty now, i always had lots of friends growing up but somehow lost them as the years went on so i only have 3 friends like K

I was a loner(being homeschooled didn't help that much)barely had any friends.Then I started taking Tae Kwon Do in middle school and kicking some ass.It became my whole life and I think is the only thing that kept me from attempting suicide.I liked to play chess alot and I would make imaginary banquets for the fairies that lived under the big stand of pine trees on my parents land.

Weblogger
    Born in London, bred in Yorkshire, laid in Dublin.

Loner, introverted, kept getting pushed up classes because I was too far advanced for the other kids. Had few friends if any and tended to wander off and do the things which interested me rather than those things adults expected me to do according to my age.

gonesavage's Avatar That Crazy Chinese Woman
    born in canada, grew up in rochester, NY (the sticks)

inquisitive, nerdly, active, skinny, imaginative

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

I was very nearly born in Greece, as a matter of fact my first words were Greek. My family was there on uhm... business. Nicknamed Fat Belly Black because I was kinda tubby in the early years. I was very quiet. Didn't freak out about much of anything. I was kinda known for asking the question 'why' a lot. I kinda wanted to know everything. Read a lot of Richard Scarry. Was a big fan of Dingo Dog. My first album was Yellow Submarine. Played it to death. As far as dating myself, as an infant I was in the original production of 'Hair' in San Francisco. Grew up literally crawling around Grateful Dead practices, with the rest of their children. They referred to us as the Dead Kids. Had some difficulty in school. Turns out I had some writing disabilities. My Father went away when I was about 2, and I moved away from my Mother when I was 14. All in all, I was pretty cool, laid back, but inquisitive and observant. Not so different from today really.

purplepixie's Avatar Senior Member

withdrawn very withdrawn just liked to sit in the far corner and day dream to escape the fact that I was a loner and that everybody hated me
    bitter childhood!!!!

bre.star's Avatar Senior Member

i was really smart...i think i couldve been smarter if my parents were those pushy smart parents, but my parents were just young and average so i wasnt smart enough to be a college kid in elementary school (that is really insane)...i was really creative, always drawing and making up stories, i scared my mom though because i was this cute little blonde girl with pink bows in my hair, yet id make drawings of people dying and people being kidnapped. i was really shy, i NEVER talked to strangers hehe. i loved to sing and dance and pretend i was michael jackson or madonna... when i was in elementary school i was a bit of a tomboy until 4th grade my mom made me wear girl clothes and i decided i wanted to be a cheerleader with the popular girls...THANK GOD i never really got into cheerleading. kids teased me because i was fat...now that i look back i really wasnt that fat, just chubby, and i was WAY TOO YOUNG to be so friggin insecure...i always acted mature like i was too old for my age, although i was a HUGE goofball, always trying to make people laugh. after 5th grade i decided hanging with the "popular" girls and listening to spice girls and wanting to be a cheerleader was not my thing...and i think ever since then ive been pretty much a loner, having friends here and there but never keeping them, not neccessarily because they didnt like me but because i didnt like them...freshman year i was introduced to raving, and i did all my drug experimenting and was exposed to A LOT and learned a lot about myself...and now im a senior about to graduate from highschool in january, the same old person ive always been since i was a little kid, just more experienced in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by keiko
    letsee me as a kid.....hold on it's comming.... that was a long time ago.....wait...aha! I was pretty weird even then. You know being 5 and my favourite movie being Wizards. Having a giant green felt mushroom that I'd eihter sit on as a stool and read aloud to all my dolls and stuffed animals, or turn it upside down on my water bed (the stem was hollow) and be one girl lost at sea. I've always had a very vivid imagination and a littel kooky, which might be a side effect of either being able to read by the age of three, and not little primary readers either but full on books, or my mummy dearest's fondness for hallucinogens durring the early months of her pregnancy with me. Unicorns, fairies, wizards, elves and dwarves...Heck! MY imaginary friend was a dragon that rescued me from the monsters under my bed (Stephan was the shit roasting those monsters to a sizzly crisp). Only difference between then and now is I'm a little smarter and have ALOT more frineds (count 'em ~ three).
    K
    Me too! I always liked fairies, I always played "Fairy Princess" games and I was always queen of the fairies... I still play the same game except onstage with a riding crop!!!!

Oh, and I always would read to my stuffed toys and talk to them and have little tea parties witht them.

Then I would put on little plays at school and I was always the princess or Cinderella. I would put all the kids in my plays. I am still doing this, just with a riding crop...

flame goddess

i was a little kid, they called me stick chick... i always got picked on because i had buck teeth. my best friend was my sister that lived 2 hours away because i was adopted when i was born. my legal family had other children but they were all like 10 yrs older than me so when i interacted with my brother it was usually running for my life and when i hung out with my sister i was helping her take care of her children... i had a very active imagination. i'd pretend that i was an indian and my house was actually a big hallowed out tree. my pool was a lake and it was surrounded by plains and the roof over the house was a cliff, i'd jump off the "cliff" into the "lake"... or my brother would throw me off... but i liked to think he wasn't there. i had a few good friends but i didn't usually play with other kids until i got a little bit older. i liked catching the frogs that'd get stuck in the pool. and i loved it when they laid eggs and hatched before my mom could clean them out. i mostly ate fruit and hated meat.

morbid_lady's Avatar Senior Member

i was rather introverted, and always stood my ground. i had a slightly violent streak, and didnt take shit from ppl. i was pretty smart, almost a nerd i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by ForrestBlack
    I was very nearly born in Greece, as a matter of fact my first words were Greek. My family was there on uhm... business. Nicknamed Fat Belly Black because I was kinda tubby in the early years. I was very quiet. Didn't freak out about much of anything. I was kinda known for asking the question 'why' a lot. I kinda wanted to know everything. Read a lot of Richard Scarry. Was a big fan of Dingo Dog. My first album was Yellow Submarine. Played it to death. As far as dating myself, as an infant I was in the original production of 'Hair' in San Francisco. Grew up literally crawling around Grateful Dead practices, with the rest of their children. They referred to us as the Dead Kids. Had some difficulty in school. Turns out I had some writing disabilities. My Father went away when I was about 2, and I moved away from my Mother when I was 14. All in all, I was pretty cool, laid back, but inquisitive and observant. Not so different from today really.

Forrest, that is such A CUTE PIC of you!! AWWWW!!!! OK, what business were your parents doing in Greece? I was a chubby kid too, chubby and fat and smart.

Your life sounds a bit like "Private Idaho".

Goat on Fire's Avatar Senior Member
    Beograd, Srbija (the way its originally spelled)

Quote Originally Posted by postcoital
    [dont wanna quote a pic so i just wrote this txt instead]
    'nuff said...
    Haha! "Under the Influence"? Nothing like a 10 year old Tharsh Metal Head :-)
    This pic is as true as it gets. (When I say true I mean "Mayhem" true, not just "true" true :-) )

as for my childhood, i was very aloof and withdrawn - but that didn't make me non-social. Yet i did often get the feeling of "beeing alone in the crowd". just sort of living in my own little isolated world... The "wired", but sensitive kid. Most of my drawings were dominated by purple and black.

oh yeah, an interesting thing was that I never cried when i was born, so they thought that i was deaf. Then i never said a single word untill i was 2, when i started talking in full sentences. I sorf of skipped the incoharent babbling phase.

aslo, I was considered as very intelligent, too (this is not an ego boost )

I was a littel hellyun and I liked to beat up the boys and play tic-tac-toe one the wall lol I was just a bad kid altogether lol havent changed much

Living Dead Girl

I was a lonely child. Withdrawn into my own imagination. I was very mean and mouthy, for reasons I'll keep to myself.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

I was just the wierd evil kid, except for some reason they all remember me and I have no clue who they could have been

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

I was always a curious kid. When I was in diapers I'd walk around pointing "whassis, whassis?" My first album was Johnny Cash who I still love to this day. I really varied between loner and being somewhat social. I was into a lot of solitary pursuits but also loved theatrics. I've really not changed that much.

I'm on the far right as you look at it. That's Halcyon on the far left. I never knew him after childhood. I'm really stoked on what we all became, tho.

OEC

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

i was the dark child of evil...

Ouroboros's Avatar Senior Member

I was a freak. Even more so than I am today. I was skinny, and developing smart-aleckery, which got me beat up a lot. I'm starting to believe I also was a bit effeminate.

TheQuietPlace's Avatar The Delivery Expert

Quote Originally Posted by postcoital

'nuff said...
    I like the glasses...

For myself... I had basically A best friend. I had friends, but only one best friend. I always hung out with her. I miss her. She was my first Crush... ever. I had a really hard time making new friends. I was smart, outgoing...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Karl
    I was just the wierd evil kid, except for some reason they all remember me and I have no clue who they could have been
    I love your responses, you are so cryptic darling!!!

Quote Originally Posted by OneEyedCat
    I was always a curious kid. When I was in diapers I'd walk around pointing "whassis, whassis?" My first album was Johnny Cash who I still love to this day. I really varied between loner and being somewhat social. I was into a lot of solitary pursuits but also loved theatrics. I've really not changed that much.

I'm on the far right as you look at it. That's Halcyon on the far left. I never knew him after childhood. I'm really stoked on what we all became, tho.

Aww! So cute!

AWWWW! So Cute!!!

OEC

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by MistressJennifer
    Aww! So cute!

AWWWW! So Cute!!!
    Thanks ... I'm really happy to now be able to account for 4 of the kids. It brings back an awe of the world to see yourself as a child and realize how much the wide eyed wonderment never leaves you.

OEC

Hmm, I was a very confused child. I was going through some really bad abuse at the time and I tried to make what I could out of it. I went through lots of highs and lows. I used to just eat tons of sugar and get so hyper I would constantly rock back and forth and start crying. I was hyper active a lot. I didn't have very many friends so, I always liked playing with animals, especially dogs. My sister didn't like to hang out with me much because I was too annoying. I would just go through some really manic moments. One minute I would be totally shy and the next I was getting up in front of everyong begging to show them all my "talents." I remember always wanting to show people things like my toys or something cool I found or my puppies....I don't know. I hope you guys are getting my drift.

Aw!!! So cute!! Little white puppies! Love the purple bra top!!!

Addition-I played make believe a lot because I was mostly alone. I would be a fairy or a mermaid...sometimes a witch or a dog. I liked drawing pictures and reading books and making up my own endings or just telling my mom how the book should have went. I also spent a good amount of time Watching PeeWee's Playhouse, Edward Scissorhands, The Flight of Dragons, and The Land Before Time.

Yeah.... we were Ariel the Little Mermaid for Halloween one year. It was pouring rain outside and all of our spray dye came out all over our faces so we looked all bloody.... and I still have the bottoms.

ravenofdeath's Avatar Lord of Death

I have always been the quiet one but when i was a kid i was the loner i still am. WOW I havent changed much, thats weird. Im still a loner, I still cut, Im still the quiet one. Well the was easier than i thought it was going to be.

+ Reply to Thread