+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Heat vs. Cold

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Default Heat vs. Cold

Would you rather be too warm or too chilly? Would you rather live in a place with harsh winters or broiling summers? Party at a club with too much AC or none?

Forestghost's Avatar Knowlege is power!

Default Re: Heat vs. Cold

I like the cold much better than the heat. I would rather live in the Northwest Territories than in Florida. Why? Because when you are hot, it's challenging to get cooled down, you get sluggish and don't want to do anything. When you are cold, you can drink cocoa, sit by a fire, cuddle up naked under a blanket with you lover...etc.
    That, and winter sports are much more fun than summer sports...I'd rather be rushing down a mountain on a pair of skies than playing beach volleyball or swimming!

killerkat's Avatar Malice?

cold ,cold.cold baby! i love the cold ,harsh winters in boxers for me ,i don't go to clubs ,man ,but i'd say to mucho ACio

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

I really don't like cold at all but I agree that it's easier to get warm than it is to get cooled off. Having lived in both the swamp and the desert, spending time in both wiht NO A/C at all, I much preferr being cold. A/C in a club is a must have, I dance REALLY hard. As long as there is a coat check I'm good
    K

depends on if i have a tan. In the club i like a hot sweety club esp. if im dancing with females. the thing with the cold is you can put on shit to make you warm. in the heat of a bright sumer day you casn;t take your skin off. but if i have a tan in the winter i can;t get warm. I work outside alot so im kinda used to it all.

aXa's Avatar Senior Member

it often ends up being that id rather be too cold, during the summer, and too warm during the winter. meaning i like to stay warm during the winter and cool during the summer. but if i had to choose one, id have to go with being to warm. you can always take off some clothes, and its nice to have an excuse to wear very little. like you really need an excuse! i think id rather sweat than shiver. one tastes yummie and the other leads to huddling together to conserve heat. i think that there are more creative ways to stay warm than cool off.

corachaos's Avatar Dorky Girl

Seems to me you can always put more clothes on to get warm. It seems like you can never never get cool if you are too hot.

aXa's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by corachaos
    Seems to me you can always put more clothes on to get warm. It seems like you can never never get cool if you are too hot.
    have to go and poke holes in my logic. *grumble grumble* i think my preference comes from being too cold more often than too hot.

The little frog Bubbles's Avatar Junior Member

I hate when its too hot. Its much better cool or cold, but not too cold. Its not fun when its too cold.
    (-45 F or colder) Like it gets here in Fairbanks.

MistressJennifer's Avatar Senior Member

Love the HEAT!!! Hate COLD!!! I have really cold blood, I am a REAL vampire, lower than average blood temperature... I never perspire. My skin is actually made of white plastic and my brain consists of spaghetti and worms...

purplepixie's Avatar Senior Member

Cold cold cold on an occasional hot day the heat is far too humid due to all the crap in the air so you just get sticky and sweaty not nice i quite like the heat in france though
    obviously i have not travelled enough so no views on any place else nor do i have any real concept of heat

Weblogger
    Born in London, bred in Yorkshire, laid in Dublin.

Born in London but educated in North Yorkshire I've experienced both heat and cold in a mild fashion. I've also been in Saudi Arabia during cold winter nights, and in Mexico and Belize at the height of summer. All in all, I prefer the cold. I guess that's why, up until I bought my own house, the landlady was always checking to see if the heating was broken in my apartment - every year she had to give me most of the money I'd paid for heating in advance, back.

Weblogger

Quote Originally Posted by aXa
    ... i think that there are more creative ways to stay warm than cool off.
    Sometimes you just can't help getting really hott, and then that cool shower brings the wished fort creativity back to a more normal level (sadly).

Weblogger

Quote Originally Posted by LrdSatanas
    depends on if i have a tan. In the club i like a hot sweety club esp. if im dancing with females. the thing with the cold is you can put on shit to make you warm. in the heat of a bright sumer day you casn;t take your skin off. but if i have a tan in the winter i can;t get warm. I work outside alot so im kinda used to it all.
    I prefer discos and clubs which are cooler; sharpens up the senses and brings out the best in women, visually, that is.

MistressJennifer's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nightingale
    Born in London but educated in North Yorkshire I've experienced both heat and cold in a mild fashion. I've also been in Saudi Arabia during cold winter nights, and in Mexico and Belize at the height of summer. All in all, I prefer the cold. I guess that's why, up until I bought my own house, the landlady was always checking to see if the heating was broken in my apartment - every year she had to give me most of the money I'd paid for heating in advance, back.
    You've been all over the place!!! Wow... I have just done the SF/LA/NYC/London/New Orleans club circuit...

How could it be cold in Saudia Arabia? Isn't Mexico and Belize supposed to be warm?

Goat on Fire's Avatar Senior Member
    Beograd, Srbija (the way its originally spelled)

winter. always winter. snow! ice! razorblade winds!

so harsh, and so romantic...

postcoital's Avatar Curiously Strong Altoid

Since I'm originally from a redneck mountain countryside, I can deal with harsh winters way better than with hot summers. Plus, I have some cardiovascular disorder, which kind of knocks me out when it's too hot.

Goat on Fire's Avatar Senior Member
    Beograd, Srbija (the way its originally spelled)

Quote Originally Posted by postcoital
    Since I'm originally from a redneck mountain countryside, I can deal with harsh winters way better than with hot summers. Plus, I have some cardiovascular disorder, which kind of knocks me out when it's too hot.
    hehe. yea i fainted twice last summer, cause it was too hot for me. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Goat on Fire
    hehe. yea i fainted twice last summer, cause it was too hot for me. LOL
    You ARE a goat on fire, aren't you? How can it be too hot for a conflagrant Capra?

hewhoisagod's Avatar Captain Obvious

I'm fat so when I get hot I get stinky too. So I'd rather be cold than hot anytime of the year, especially since I don't have A/C in my car, and Kansas gets pretty fucking hot in the summer.

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

i was born during the cold season and i always enjoy it when its cold

Never been in the serious cold, but I've always loved a miserably cold rain. It seems to isolate the world... very peacefull.

Weblogger

Quote Originally Posted by MistressJennifer
    How could it be cold in Saudia Arabia? Isn't Mexico and Belize supposed to be warm?
    The desert is warm to hot during the day because of the lack of cloud cover. For the same reason, during their winter, the desert is cold at night.

Belize and Mexico are both warm, but with a pleasant warmness (or heat). Even so, I had to have a fan on all the time in the wooden hut I lived in, especially at night, otherwise the single sheet would stick to me, if I wasn't sticking to my bed partner!

Edit:

Parachuting in Cyprus was good too, again, a different heat.

Digital Anthrax's Avatar Junior Member

Well, in case everyone is so fascinated to know... I am one of the few who loves the hot weather. Being designed for a South African climate, I enjoy warm weather because my body sort of cools down abnormally well I mean I hardly sweat or anything. My brother on the other hand is completely opposite and when it's winter he walks around in summer gear and he is warm as... I'm not sure how it works but yeah some people tend to thrive in different environments.

I love summer though... being able to take it easy and swim all the time... and the women (not that I can get any) are a lot hotter in the summer when they are wearing their skimpy little bikinis ... well in Australia anyway... I 'spose you all think it's all backwards down here right?

Damniel's Avatar Senior Member

I love cold weather, but it's easier for me to get out of bed and start anything on hot weather, but i get all grumpy if i'm not in a fresh place...

Beloved1982's Avatar Junior Member

Well, well...

I look at it this way. If you are hot, there is only so much clothing you can shed. If you are cold, you have no limits to what you can add to your body. So with that said, I'd rather be cold than hot.

Beth

PS Besides, I'm already *hot* enough

+ Reply to Thread