+ Reply to Thread

Thread: strange musical question

grebo's Avatar Senior Member

Default strange musical question

im from australia and when i was travelling through canada, uk and ireland i noticed many weird differences in what clubs played. i heard ACDC in a goth club in canada and the UK, which would be never be done here in australia. and when i was in canada they yelled something out at a certain part of a billy idol song, what the fuck where they saying, please tell me if your canadian. there a few songs from old australian 80s bands that are played in europe like Icehouse (hey little girl) and Real Life (send me an angel) but are never played here.

heres the question, do you know of any music that would be played elsewhere from where you live and thought of as so cool, but where you are from it would be extremely lame? or have you had any wierd musical experiences in clubs when travelling?

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

Default Re: strange musical question

yeah. two words: David Hasselhoff

Forestghost's Avatar Knowlege is power!

hey, what billy idol song...give me the title and I might be able to answer you!

GasmaskGirl's Avatar Senior Member
    Ottawa Ontario, Canada (actually born in Saskatchewan Canada)

you're probably talking about how everyone yells "hey motherfucker get laid get fucked" during Mony Mony. That's what all the people in my lame ass redneck hometown back in canada would scream during that song.

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by grebo
    im from australia and when i was travelling through canada, uk and ireland i noticed many weird differences in what clubs played. i heard ACDC in a goth club in canada and the UK, which would be never be done here in australia. and when i was in canada they yelled something out at a certain part of a billy idol song, what the fuck where they saying, please tell me if your canadian. there a few songs from old australian 80s bands that are played in europe like Icehouse (hey little girl) and Real Life (send me an angel) but are never played here.

heres the question, do you know of any music that would be played elsewhere from where you live and thought of as so cool, but where you are from it would be extremely lame? or have you had any wierd musical experiences in clubs when travelling?
    I grew up in the Bay Area and was fairly involved in setting up local shows and played in a few garage/party bands. One band that could always be counted on
    to show up at birthday parties for beer on short notice was a band called Green Day. Rancid and AFI did not take much prodding either. I love those guys for the memories, but never thought they were even amongst the better bands in the Bay Area. I am still blown away every time I see them on tv. It was especially shocking to see Green Day sell 10 million records and buy mansions in the hills. I used to stand in line at kegs with those jokers. Go figure.

I love Billy, tho.

OEC

Um, I can't really answer that question. I can say that I think that clubs are starting to suck because the sudden attack of EBM. I personally don't like most of it and I think it is ruining lots of clubs in America. That is just my opinion.

Ouroboros's Avatar Senior Member

For the first question: No. I don't think any place in the world could have less taste than the cultural outback in which I'm trapped. I do think there's music that people here may think of as worthy of worship, when it's way past yesterday's news in the rest of the world or was never good in the first place.
    I don't go clubbing so my travels don't cover that; therefore, I can't answer the second question.
    And finally, I have another question for you: do you like any sort of music or a particular band that no one else seems to like or even know? I get that an annoying fucking lot!

+ Reply to Thread