+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Marilyn Manson's newest look

Default Marilyn Manson's newest look

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/musi...-makeup-mullet

So yeah... I've been wondering where this guy has been hiding. I'm kinda waiting for him to come to the defense of the nutjob preacher down in Florida (MM's home state!) and say he has the right to burn the Koran if he wants to. And BANG... here he is... blathering on about some television character. Pretty weak IMO.

We all know MM made good bank for about a decade or so traveling around and tearing up Bibles... Why not the Koran, tough guy?

Default Re: Marilyn Manson's newest look

Wait, what?

You randomly decided he should get involved with some hip political thing he may or may not know about, therefore it is weak when he appears on tv without makeup? (adding 'instead' would imply there exists some logical relationship between the two, which would be giving your point here entirely too much credit.)

I'm sure that he thinks that burning Korans is fine if you so fancy, but I doubt he'll seek media attention to pronounce a single cookie cutter political viewpoint like that. Hating on muslims is entirely too popular in the western world to be shocking or innovative.

And what does any of that have to do with being tough? Is that what would motivate you to speak out on the subject? Either way I would say that christians in your immediate environment are most likely a bigger threat than muslims over in the middle east. It's not like western religion lacks the element of violence.

If you've ever seen the show Eastbound and Down that is just a press photo of him in an acting role. It is a pretty funny show actually and this is not the first time he has played an acting part.

I've never asked but I always thought the anti-Christian thing was about rebelling against where he came from and not baiting to assist war mongers.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

the anti christian thing was just to sell the tunes

Mmmm... Postmodernism.... So confusing, yet so tasty

+ Reply to Thread