+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bottled Water

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Default Bottled Water

Do you drink bottled water? What brands are your favorites? Perrier, Pelligrino, Evian, Tynant, Arrowhead, Dasani, Castiloga, Crystal Geyser, Fiji, Dannon, Naya, Sparkletts, Vittel, Apollinaris . . .

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

Default Re: Bottled Water

I like Fiji. That is what I usually get, but sometimes I like Evian just fine.

CorporateGoth's Avatar Devout follower of Bob

I dont mean any offense with this post, and let me admit that I too at times drink bottled water (mostly Evian). That being said, I'd like to meet the person who realized that you could get the population to support a billion dollar industry by taking the most abundant resourse on the planet and putting a brand name on it. This person is a genius....

Mother Superior

Well, Evian is naive spelled backward. There isn't fluoride in most bottled waters, and that makes your teeth be deficient of what they need. I use a special prescription toothpaste with fluoride because I just drink bottled water. I like Fiji, Poland Springs, Dasani and Dannon.

Camby Savelle's Avatar Stars shaped like hearts

Dasani is the best, can't say unless it's out of thirst desperation I'd actuley spend money on anything else.

On the occasions I get bottled water, I like:

Schweppe's, Seagrams, Rits/Rits, Evian, Le Blue, Deer Park, as well as some other brand I forgot the name of.

Granted that most of My favorites are Seltzer Brands.

I don't drink bottled water unless I am in an environment that requires me to. When I was in NYC I drank Evian. When I'm at Concerts, I drink whatever is accessable.

Tynant or just a filter on the sink.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Dasani cause I like the bottle...lame reason I know but Evian always tastes funny to me and Fiji's bottle bores me.

Weblogger
    Born in London, bred in Yorkshire, laid in Dublin.

We have a local spring here which is marketed under the name Vilsa, and is the most popular mineral water for the area. The choice here is also very large, but I tend to stick to Vilsa mineral water based Ice Tea. For water itself I drink from the tap - also from a local water source.

CarnalxKiss's Avatar Carnal Love Goddess

I like spring water the best. Dasani and Aquafina is nothing more than distilled tap water..We have a spring nearby (several actually) and the 20 oz bottles are 69cents..(Zephyrhills).cant beat it and i find it tastes better than evian or pelligrino..but when it comes to bottled, pure spring water is the best I feel..

TheWalkingGlitch's Avatar Si vis pacem, para bellum

I'm not too fond of the concept of bottled water. If you're really paranoid about tap water, get a water filter or something; there's no reason to import water from France or wherever else they get it from when you've got a water table lying right under your feet. Cheaper that way too (though it'd be even cheaper than that if you were crafty enough to tap into it right from there and dodge the utility bill).

Weblogger

Speaking of France, the French government has started putting out adverts to convince people to drink tap water, since bottled water has the upperhand.

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Quote Originally Posted by Nightingale
    Speaking of France, the French government has started putting out adverts to convince people to drink tap water, since bottled water has the upperhand.
    Have they? What a great factoid!

I was born in Europe and the tap water was pretty gross, so my parents always bought Perrier by the case and continued to after we got back to the States. When I lived in Germany, I drank Apollinaris, but I still prefer Perrier. Just what my mouth thinks water should taste like at this point. I end up drinking Pelligrino in restaurants pretty often in LA because they seem to be really upping market penetration here lately, which I am not nuts about. I like sparkling Tynant a lot, gotta have bubbles, but I never think of it, unless I am in a restaurant which doesn't have Perrier and suggests that as an alternative. On the rare occasions Tynant is in the supermarket, I think it costs a lot more than my beverage of choice.

Weblogger

Quote Originally Posted by AmeliaG
    Have they? What a great factoid!

I was born in Europe and the tap water was pretty gross, so my parents always bought Perrier by the case and continued to after we got back to the States. When I lived in Germany, I drank Apollinaris, but I still prefer Perrier. Just what my mouth thinks water should taste like at this point. I end up drinking Pelligrino in restaurants pretty often in LA because they seem to be really upping market penetration here lately, which I am not nuts about. I like sparkling Tynant a lot, gotta have bubbles, but I never think of it, unless I am in a restaurant which doesn't have Perrier and suggests that as an alternative. On the rare occasions Tynant is in the supermarket, I think it costs a lot more than my beverage of choice.
    I must admit, it's the bubbles and the flavour that the extra gas brings with it that puts me off most bottled waters. The tap water in France really was appalling - certainly when I was first there at 14 and assumed it had the same standards as in the UK - but they've gone to great lengths to improve it now.

+ Reply to Thread