View Poll Results: What’s your favorite Vampire clan/bloodline?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Brujah

2 9.09%
  • Gangrel

1 4.55%
  • Malkavian

9 40.91%
  • Nosferatu

0 0%
  • Toreador

4 18.18%
  • Tremere

1 4.55%
  • Ventrue

0 0%
  • Lasombra

0 0%
  • Tzimisce

1 4.55%
  • The Others

4 18.18%
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Poll: What’s your favorite Vampire clan/bloodline?

VampBoi's Avatar Senior Member

Default Poll: What’s your favorite Vampire clan/bloodline?

What’s your favorite Vampire clan/bloodline?

Here are the seven major clans of the Camarilla and the two of the Sabbat.

The Others (at least the ones I can remember) are: Ahrimanes, Assamite, Assamite Antitribu, Baali, Blood Brothers, Brujah Antitribu, Cappadocian, Caitiff/Panders, The Daughters Of Cacophony, Followers Of Set, Gangrel Antitribu, Gargoyles, Giovanni, Giovanni Antitribu, Kiasyd, Malkavian Antitribu, Nosferatu Antitribu, Ravnos, Ravnos Antitribu, Salubri, Samedi, Serpents Of The Lights, Toreador Antitribu, Tremere Antitribu and Ventrue Antitribu.

Default Re: Poll: What’s your favorite Vampire clan/bloodline?

Which Vampire Clan Should You Belong To?

http://warlocksrealm.homeip.net/vamp/

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

You know, I really haven't thought about the specifics of those games for a very long time. I just like cool clothes and getting to go hang out with my spooky sexy cool friends and see fun bands and such. I'm certainly not knocking folks having diversionary fun at all, but just wanted to put in my two cents. I think roleplaying games can help people figure out some things about who they are and what they really think, but I wouldn't go and take tham all too seriously.

On the otherhand, I guess I was like the 19th member of the Camarilla (signed up at that vampire convention we talked about) so maybe I'm some sort of LARP badass and don't even know it, haha...

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

Malkavian, that figures

oh and my favorite clan is the Baali because they are the bad guys and all the other clans are unified in their hatred for them Malkavians would be a close second followed by Cappadocians.

I dont know any of those clan specifics.**

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

The Tremere

Even among vampires, the insular Clan Tremere bears a reputation for treachery. This reputation is well earned; the Tremere were formerly a cabal of human wizards who, hungering for immortal life, wrested the secrets of vampirism from unwilling Kindred. Such vile deeds earned the clan a sinister reputation; even today, certain vampire clans would love nothing better than to destroy the entire Tremere line. Nonetheless, Clan Tremere holds a place in the Camarilla, for its members were instrumental in suppressing the Inquisition and supporting the Masquerade. Then, too, the Tremere have proved themselves dangerous enemies - and powerful allies. Tremere still practice a version of the arcane arts they studied in life, and so these "warlocks" use their sorcerous powers in service to the Camarilla almost as much as they use the Camarilla in service to themselves.

Been awhile since I've even thought about The Camarilla
    One of my friends did a lot of the illustrations for White Wolf. I never really got into the role playing scene, tho 'twas once a Malkavian

OEC

hewhoisagod's Avatar Captain Obvious

caitiff............ I belong to noone

I Got This Result:

You aren't sure where you came from. Perhaps your sire did an embrace and run. Or maybe your sire was an outcast himself. Either way, your powers are unique and really don't belong to any clan...or maybe a little from each. Because you of these circumstances, you aren't really sure where you belong. You tend to wander and do a bit of soul searching in your eternal life. Maybe some day...you have a while after all.**

The Caitiff

The clansless. Caitiffs, are a new aspect to the vampire's society. They don't have anyone to teach them Disciplines, and no one to tell them of the Traditions. This doesn't mean they don't know any Disciplines, they could very well make their own, but usually they figure out a few small tricks to a few Disciplines. Some may even group together every once in a while, but not likely. They prefer their freedom, and the will to do what they will.

Caitiff are vampires with no clan to call their own. This usually happens because their sire despised them and left them to die. And the occasional victim of feeding gets lucky, and some how gets some of the vampires blood. They are also the rebellious ones, and some take leave of their sire and do as they will, most of the time moving to a new city or some where remote.

Most of the other clans look upon the Caitiff as trash, weak blooded, no knowledge of who and what they are and leave them to them selves as long as they don't cause any trouble, and most defiantly don't break the Masquerade.

Your clan is a dysfunctional one. That is because you are a Malkavian. Something is poisonous about this clan's blood that drives all those embraced to madness. However, in this madness, you tend to have great insight. Unfortunately, people just take it as senseless ramblings. In every family there is an insane one. You're it.
    go figure...

HelenaHotpants's Avatar Exception, not the rule

I didn't take the test but I know which one is my fave and that is the Giovanni.

I am not sure if its just the whole out there aspects of them (what with the supposed necrophilia and incest) or if its the cultural thing stemming from the fact I am Italian. That whole Cosa Nostra/Don/Mafia thing was a part of my growing up.

I loved playing my Giovanni. She was so out there. Complete degenerate. And I got to show off my language fluency. Always a plus.

I did always enjoy playing my Baali, Ravnos, and Toreador too though. Hard to pick a second fave.

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

My fav is the Brujahs. And my test said Id be one;]

I also got Brujah , after taking the test again. Now to try again and find out what I get.*

Ok, Malkavian this time, but with the same answers? whats with that?!*

yay, I'm Malkavian... they're amazingly fun to play, but you shouldn't have the majority of players as them... we did a tabletop-type game with 3 people plus the GM, and two of us were malkavian. It did not go well.

how so?*

I'm more of a Toreador, but I love Malkavians. They are hella fun to play. Malkavian would be the second closest type I resemble. C'mon who doesn't like watching crazy people run around?

CarnalxKiss's Avatar Carnal Love Goddess

In White Wolf games i always played Baali or Daughters of Cacophony ...Never was one for the Camarilla...

There wasnt a show all result, but the Caitlith and the Brujah seemed the coolest so far. *

sheramil's Avatar Maracite Inreach program

muttering they're all Malkavians... they just don't know it yet.

this is followed by two days of Mad Gerrold-style "HAH HAH HA! HA HA! HAAAH!"

oooh, look. a daddy longlegs is building a web between my nose and the monitor.

hewhoisagod's Avatar Captain Obvious

I always hated the people that tried to play a Malkavian, most of them were trying to be the cute insane types. Malkavians are probably THE most fucked up clan in Vampire. Just being a monster like that and to be totally fucking insane, that's creepy. My favorite clan though, Harbingers of Skulls.

Quote Originally Posted by hewhoisagod
    I always hated the people that tried to play a Malkavian, most of them were trying to be the cute insane types. Malkavians are probably THE most fucked up clan in Vampire. Just being a monster like that and to be totally fucking insane, that's creepy. My favorite clan though, Harbingers of Skulls.
    My characters were wierd , but that was D&D. I made this hobbit thief who had the gall to go straight into a fighter's guild, and pick the pocket of this extremely high level character, and then ended up taking on the entire fighters guild.

The DM was a complete jerk though, and would have killed My character anyway. He always gets PO'ed when he cant kill each and every player in his game from near the start, so I figured I would have some fun, and make a character that was odd anyway.

There was this other character I made of the same class, who bought and rode a Dire Rabbit, and wore a living Skunk for a hat. go figure. **

aXa's Avatar Senior Member

of the major clans, id have to go with either toreador of tzimisce. but i usually prefer the bloodlines. like kiasyd, llhiannen, Cappadocian, daughters of cacophony, harbringer of skulls, or a lamia. id often play someone who followed the teachings of lilith, not caine! bahari are so my thing.
    and the storyteller would never let me play a dhampire or a revenant. not even a ghoul. boo!

bre.star's Avatar Senior Member

Artistic and maybe even a bit shallow, you belong to the clan of the Toredor. You have a keen eye for pretty things. The embrace is looked on as perserving all beautiful things for eternity. You are the sensual vampires that you hear people talk about that seduce to get what they want. This clan is the one thought of as being the spoiled sort who want to get what they want. However, you usually work right under the ventrue clan as they try to carry out their plans.

The Toreador

The Toreador are called many things - "degenerates," "artistes," "poseurs," and "hedonists" being but a few. But any such mass categorization does the clan a disservice. Depending on the individual and her mood, Toreador are alternately elegant and flamboyant, brilliant and ludicrous, visionary and dissipated. Perhaps the only truism that can be applied to the clan is its members' aesthetic zeal. Whatever a Toreador does, she does with passion. Whatever a Toreador is, she is with passion. To the Toreador, eternal life is to be savored. Many Toreador were artists, musicians or poets in life; many more have spent frustrating centuries producing laughable attempts at art, music or poetry. Toreador share the Ventrue's love of high society, though not for them the tedium of actually running things - that's what functionaries are for, darling. Toreador know that their place is to captivate and inspire - through their witty speech, graceful deeds, and simple, scintillating existence.

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by hewhoisagod
    Malkavians never win. The organized clans tend to stomp them out. Was surprised I scored a tremere. Sounds like a good clan, never got into that stuff tho.

OEC

Quote Originally Posted by OneEyedCat
    Malkavians never win. The organized clans tend to stomp them out. Was surprised I scored a tremere. Sounds like a good clan, never got into that stuff tho.

OEC
    actually i have a malkavian who is extreemly powerful that i carried over from Vampire: the Dark Ages i did this as part of a game that in real time lasted two years and in game time spanned over about 1500 we stopped when the brujah finnaly gained the ability to lift a crane over his head and throw it

chaosfeary's Avatar Senior Member

An online chronicle I was on had a Malkavian Prince at one point. I don't play there anymore though, they don't play VtM anymore
    Vampire: the Masquerade is cool, I don't like the new "Vampire: the Requiem" though that White Wolf is pushing out recently... VTM is underground coolness now, you can't buy books except from ebay or P2P, the company no longer support it

I like the Giovanni too, just because I know some really kickass players of them which won me over (at first I wasn't really interested, sounded a bit 'tame' like the tremmies.. I was wrong, way wrong, haha). Followed closely by Gangrel or Brujah.

Toreadors have a knack of gaining my permanant distrust fairly early on

if you want the books go to a used bookstore or comic shop thats where i get my stuff because after reading up on VtR i have decided that it sucks big time

adorn_shadow's Avatar Senior Member

Malkav By Far Followed Closely Behind With Lasombre

Quote Originally Posted by ForrestBlack
    On the otherhand, I guess I was like the 19th member of the Camarilla (signed up at that vampire convention we talked about) so maybe I'm some sort of LARP badass and don't even know it, haha...
    Well, I guess since I started this topic, it's time I reply to it. lol
    When I went to that convention, I took that little test they had there to see what type of vamp you would play. It turned out that I was to be that half crazed Nosferatu (Rat). I took the online test too, and it turns out I would be a Nosferatu too. Personal when I played "table top" I always had one of three vamps I used, a Gangrel, a Malkavian and one from the Serpents Of The Lights.

If I had a choice, I would be a Vampire descended from Ianos Audron!

Ianos Rocks!

Kain VonCoorhagen is the Best Vampire, in My opinion. His Looks, Personality, Abilities, Kain is the Perfect Vampire. **

i honestly know nothing about this, but i would be really interested in learning about it.

if anyone knew any sites worth recomending i would love that.

Quote Originally Posted by richardpotter
    i honestly know nothing about this, but i would be really interested in learning about it.

if anyone knew any sites worth recomending i would love that.
    I dont know about the Masquerade stuff, but those arent My favorite Vampire types anyway.

For info on the type I like goto this link: LegacyOfKain.Com

thanks, i would like to learn as much historically as i can on this subject.

Well , this subject thread is about games based on the Mythologies, Facts, Historical Documants, Books, Literature, etc. **

Nosferatu, most cool! Frank the Eastend Gangster boss embraced in 1961 at the height of Londons gang wars, retained his power/influence and became the power behind the throne, never seen without his handmade suits on , or a pretty woman on his arm.

suicidal_tendencies's Avatar Senior Member

The Malkavians
    At first glance, the members of Clan Malkavian do not appear to be a clan at all; they are chosen from all races, creeds and social strata. But Malkavians, regardless of mortal standing, bear one disturbing commonality: They are all quite mad. Whether from the clan's choice of victims, the circumstances of the Embrace, or some property in Malkavian blood itself, all Malkavians go insane shortly after the transformation (if they were not insane to begin with). Accordingly, many Malkavians find themselves pariahs, ostracized by a vampiric society fearful of their random urges and capricious whims. Wiser Kindred, however, prefer to keep the madmen close at hand: Behind the Malkavians' lunatic cackling and feverish rantings lie smatterings of insight, even wisdom

Your clan is a dysfunctional one. That is because you are a Malkavian. Something is poisonous about this clan's blood that drives all those embraced to madness. However, in this madness, you tend to have great insight. Unfortunately, people just take it as senseless ramblings. In every family there is an insane one. You're it.

chaosfeary's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by suicidal_tendencies
    The Malkavians
    At first glance, the members of Clan Malkavian do not appear to be a clan at all; they are chosen from all races, creeds and social strata. But Malkavians, regardless of mortal standing, bear one disturbing commonality: They are all quite mad. Whether from the clan's choice of victims, the circumstances of the Embrace, or some property in Malkavian blood itself, all Malkavians go insane shortly after the transformation (if they were not insane to begin with). Accordingly, many Malkavians find themselves pariahs, ostracized by a vampiric society fearful of their random urges and capricious whims. Wiser Kindred, however, prefer to keep the madmen close at hand: Behind the Malkavians' lunatic cackling and feverish rantings lie smatterings of insight, even wisdom

+ Reply to Thread