+ Reply to Thread

Thread: should how much plastic surgery you get be the determiner of beauty?

and your little dog too

Default should how much plastic surgery you get be the determiner of beauty?

from yahoo

Cuts Like a Knife
    Tuesday December 21, 2004 6:00PM PT

Miss Plastic Surgery
    Unlike your looks, the desire to improve your appearance will never fade, and searches reflect it -- they're pumped up like Melanie Griffith's collagen-laden lips on matters regarding cosmetic procedures. Kicking off the plastic surgery parade are searches on The Swan (+476%), which soared in the wake of the season two finale. And with all the talk about the show signaling the end of womanhood as we know it, females lapped it up, outsearching men by a 3-to-1 margin. It was especially popular with women aged 35 to 44 -- this small sliver accounted for one-fifth of all Swan searches yesterday. Perhaps the possibility of a transformation begins to have an allure once you've reached the back half of your thirties. In China, a recent pageant limited only to women who've undergone cosmetic procedures garnered some buzz, causing "Miss Plastic Surgery" and "Miss Artificial Beauty" to go from no searches into the thousands. Finally, the weblog "Awful Plastic Surgery" continues to draw searches whenever they expose side-by-side photos of celebs who've supposedly gone under the knife. Right now, searches for the site are holding steady, but their piece on Tara Reid's botched augmentation helped boost their buzz. Count on the site to emit a buzzing noise whenever a nip or tuck goes awry.

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: should how much plastic surgery you get be the determiner of beauty?

Quote Originally Posted by karyn
    from yahoo

Cuts Like a Knife
    Tuesday December 21, 2004 6:00PM PT

Miss Plastic Surgery
    Unlike your looks, the desire to improve your appearance will never fade, and searches reflect it -- they're pumped up like Melanie Griffith's collagen-laden lips on matters regarding cosmetic procedures. Kicking off the plastic surgery parade are searches on The Swan (+476%), which soared in the wake of the season two finale. And with all the talk about the show signaling the end of womanhood as we know it, females lapped it up, outsearching men by a 3-to-1 margin. It was especially popular with women aged 35 to 44 -- this small sliver accounted for one-fifth of all Swan searches yesterday. Perhaps the possibility of a transformation begins to have an allure once you've reached the back half of your thirties. In China, a recent pageant limited only to women who've undergone cosmetic procedures garnered some buzz, causing "Miss Plastic Surgery" and "Miss Artificial Beauty" to go from no searches into the thousands. Finally, the weblog "Awful Plastic Surgery" continues to draw searches whenever they expose side-by-side photos of celebs who've supposedly gone under the knife. Right now, searches for the site are holding steady, but their piece on Tara Reid's botched augmentation helped boost their buzz. Count on the site to emit a buzzing noise whenever a nip or tuck goes awry.
    Wow. I see why my brother in law went into plastic surgery now. I'd bet money that guys will eventually catch women in terms of the amounts of surgery they get. The problem I see is that it will keep setting the bar higher and make more people into surgery addicts. Aging will come to be seen as a curse of the poor. Don't get me wrong, I'm against any prohibitions and make no guarantee that I won't use my access to these services. You just tend to wonder what it does to the soul when aging is seen as disease rather than a natural process.

OEC

and your little dog too

Default Re: should how much plastic surgery you get be the determiner of beauty?

Quote Originally Posted by OneEyedCat
    Wow. I see why my brother in law went into plastic surgery now. I'd bet money that guys will eventually catch women in terms of the amounts of surgery they get. The problem I see is that it will keep setting the bar higher and make more people into surgery addicts. Aging will come to be seen as a curse of the poor. Don't get me wrong, I'm against any prohibitions and make no guarantee that I won't use my access to these services. You just tend to wonder what it does to the soul when aging is seen as disease rather than a natural process.

OEC
    it definitely raises some questions. i wonder how wisdom will be regarded. i know i am wiser now than when i was younger. i know how to live better, but i don't look as good.

I suppose it doesn't matter that much. I think in most cases a person would basically remain who they are, regardless of if they got surgery or not. It just makes me wonder what will become of the natural cycles of life.

OEC

Pzychotic's Avatar Dark Entity

Quote Originally Posted by OneEyedCat
    I suppose it doesn't matter that much. I think in most cases a person would basically remain who they are, regardless of if they got surgery or not. It just makes me wonder what will become of the natural cycles of life.

OEC

I fear what may become of the natural cycles for those who elect to have surgery... My thought on plastic surgery is rather simple, "We were all made perfect, why mess with perfection." Outside beauty has nothing to do with a person if thier beauty doesn't come frome the inside first...

Quote Originally Posted by Pzychotic
    I fear what may become of the natural cycles for those who elect to have surgery... My thought on plastic surgery is rather simple, "We were all made perfect, why mess with perfection." Outside beauty has nothing to do with a person if thier beauty doesn't come frome the inside first...
    I also tend to wonder how far it will go. Eventually, people will be testing the bounds of mortality or even bodily existence. There is no question in my mind that scientists will always be willing to tempt the hands of fate. Cloning will happen regardless of laws. Massive transplantation (including brain) will happen regardless of laws. It will be interesting to see how far we reach to be as gods. We simply lack the omniscience to know the true ramifications of toying with our very existence. Personally, I do not believe the will to do so can even be stopped.

OEC

Weblogger
    Born in London, bred in Yorkshire, laid in Dublin.

I think that the fad for surgury will wear thinner as the generations following usa get to see what those getting performed on today look like in their old age. I mean, an eighty year old woman with the titties of a seventeen year old and a face like a Venetian mask ...

CarnalxKiss's Avatar Carnal Love Goddess

Let others do what they feel they need to , to feel good about themselves..I plan to grow old gracefully and embrace every line , wrinkle and grey hair...my grandmere used to tell me....that behind every line is a laugh...every grey hair is grace..and every wrinkle is another stage of wisdom ...looks fade..bodies change...it is how we are intended to be..the only thing that matters to me...is what is inside...that can never fade away..if it is true...

MistressJennifer's Avatar Senior Member

Plastic surgery rules!! I love it!! I want more!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MistressJennifer
    Plastic surgery rules!! I love it!! I want more!!!
    I'll probably never age now. My brother in law is a Plastic Surgeon.

OEC

+ Reply to Thread