+ Reply to Thread

Thread: If you say you will go to a party . . .

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Default If you say you will go to a party . . .

If you say you will go to a party, how likely are you to go? I am planning my time in Vegas now and I know I'm probably getting set up for a bunch of parties I won't end up being able to attend. I would never skip meeting up with one person, but I often end up skipping meeting up with one hundred+ How about you all?

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: If you say you will go to a party . . .

Quote Originally Posted by AmeliaG
    If you say you will go to a party, how likely are you to go? I am planning my time in Vegas now and I know I'm probably getting set up for a bunch of parties I won't end up being able to attend. I would never skip meeting up with one person, but I often end up skipping meeting up with one hundred+ How about you all?
    I tend to skip out a lot on social events. The same as you, really, I would never stand up someone for a meeting etc.

OEC

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Rarely...I'm just not a party person. I get bored really fast.

TheWalkingGlitch's Avatar Si vis pacem, para bellum

Depends... if I'm friends with most of the people there, then I will probably go. Otherwise I'll probably only show up if there's nothing better to do, and leave when I get bored (which generally happens pretty quickly).

I always am True to My Word, so I wouldnt have made the agreement unless I intended to go to party.

If not possible to get there, then would then explain later. **

CorporateGoth's Avatar Devout follower of Bob

Man, I'm married with 3 kids... I never promise to be anywhere at anytime! Things change in my life too damn quick to make promises like that and I try to explain that when asked. "Hey man, I'll try to make it, but don't get offended if I don't" Most people who would ever invite me already know how my life is and understand. I do make it a point to call if I'm not gonna make it tho, just seems respectful to let em know.

I dont really go out much. So going to parties is rare, but I guess if I said I would be there....Id Be there.

Eternal throes's Avatar Senior Member

I don't go out to much either. Im usually to busy to go out and find people to get along with. And when I do find the opportunity I'm just to lazzy to go through with it. So I usually tell people that I'll think about it not saying yes or no. By now people know not to push to hard because it will only insure an instant no for all their future invitaions to parties. I guess anyone who knows me well, would know that I'm not going to any party that I don't think I'll enjoy and if you have to ask me twice then Im not going.

The out come of Social gatherings if not the act it self just seems to be more harmfull than it is enjoyable. And because I'm usually very busy I don't think that going out of my way to not have a good time is something I'm willing to do. So when I say I can't make it Im not lying. I just can't waist time being unamused or aggravated when I could do something like play my guitar which I know I'll enjoy.

suicidal_tendencies's Avatar Senior Member

i dont really go anywhere since i have no one to go with. but i get bored so easy. with anything actually. so i probably wouldnt go if i could.
    Last edited by suicidal_tendencies; 12-30-2004 at 07:22 PM. Reason: SPELLING

Quote Originally Posted by suicidal_tendencies
    i dont really go anywhere since i have no one to go with. but i get bored so easy. with anything actually. so i probably wouldnt go if i could.
    Well, I Certainaly DO want to go with you places! **

PaulCat's Avatar 3 Of My Nine Lives Left

I'm very sociable, so if i get invited somewhere then i'll go if i can,
    if it's a bit much or i get surrounded by people i don't know or find particuly friendly THEN ill make an excuse and say goodbye to people.

PaulCat.

Weblogger
    Born in London, bred in Yorkshire, laid in Dublin.

I'm not much of a party person, so I'd often try and find an excuse not to go but, if I say that I will be there, then I always go.

TheQuietPlace's Avatar The Delivery Expert

What me party? Haha I'm rarely invited to parties.. anyways.. I'm not much of a party person, or a people person for that matter...

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

Is this the same Vegas that I spent a week in last year and damned near blew the place up? I was invited to several parties myself and I gave all really non committal answers. One of the two I went to was really kind of lame, and there were so many people at the rest of them that no one noticed that we weren't there. Now if you tell a specific person or people that you'll be at a party, it is most polite to call adn say that you really didn't have the energy to party after being on the convention hall floor all day, otherwise, I wouldn't sweat it.
    K

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

PS, If a guy calling himself Kid Vegas invites you to a party, or a shoot, or what ever, first off don't talk to him, second of all , RUN! If you're feeling really brave and decide to go anyway there's a 99% chance that said party won't be there or will be highly illegal.
    K

bre.star's Avatar Senior Member

i always say maybe because i never know how i will be feeling when the party time comes... will i be tired? will i be stressed? i never make party commitments. when i say im going to meet up with one person though i really go out of my way not to flake out on them.

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

if i say im going not even poseidon himself can stop me

Mother Superior

I keep my word. Regardless if it's a party or a dental appointment. I have always been that way.

skully's Avatar Senior Member
    northern jersey(my dad has been a bridge and tunnel rat my whole life and i am following in his footsteps)

if i say iam going i will go...if i say "i will try to make it but we will see" or anything similar chances are there is no way in hell i will make it unless 10 other things happening the same night all fall through last minute. (ie ne

I go 99% of the time if I said so ahead of time. Though I am always very very late. Which isn't always welcome but I say hi to everyone and leave.

+ Reply to Thread