+ Reply to Thread

Thread: i just found some "treasure"........

killerkat's Avatar Malice?

Default i just found some "treasure"........

i was goin' through some moving boxes and found like 900lbs of hotrod magazines(hotrodder,streetrodder,streetscene,rod&c ustom,ckdeluxe,etc,etc.)

i even found one of my prized possesions, a 1978 ,7th issue, Streetroder,that showcased my Granmother's(mine..kinda) '36 ford 3 window,

there are many others dating back like 30 years .......how cool.........i forgot i had any of these....ohh and like a thousand pictures from shows(car shows)and rod runs,etc. in the 80's to like the mid nineties.........

i wonder if there worth anything...i don't think i'd sell them but if there worth a ton ,i'd sell em

where do you think i could get them appraised .... i think i'll ask some rod appraisers i know,but there not cars........

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

Default Re: i just found some "treasure"........

thats cool i doubt old mags are worth much tho

yea i didn't really think soo, honestly i probally wouldn't sell 'em anyways....and i'll never get rid of that '78 7th issue..........

hewhoisagod's Avatar Captain Obvious

First issue of Playboy actually goes for quite a bit. But then again that's because Marilyn Monroe is on the cover.

morbid_lady's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by KilLAtomiK
    thats cool i doubt old mags are worth much tho
    depends on where u try to sell them, find a collector and u can accually get quite a bit, especially considering how much u paid for them

Weblogger
    Born in London, bred in Yorkshire, laid in Dublin.

And some of the older ones, for people looking to complete sets, go for a bomb.

sheramil's Avatar Maracite Inreach program

Quote Originally Posted by killerkat
    i was goin' through some moving boxes and found like 900lbs of hotrod magazines(hotrodder,streetrodder,streetscene, rod&custom,ckdeluxe,etc,etc.)

let me know if you find any old biker magazines that have that "Tina Tailpipe" cartoon in 'em.

i once worked with a guy who claimed to have such, but he was a little psychotic - sudden violent rages, and he'd warn everyone, every five minutes ago, to stay the hell away from his tool-box. so i didn't press him on it.

Quote Originally Posted by sheramil
    let me know if you find any old biker magazines that have that "Tina Tailpipe" cartoon in 'em.

i once worked with a guy who claimed to have such, but he was a little psychotic - sudden violent rages, and he'd warn everyone, every five minutes ago, to stay the hell away from his tool-box. so i didn't press him on it.
    maybe a few ,but i doubt it, these are all hot rod magazines,i have some more i haven't gone through yet.we'll see..

i know what your talkin' about though,i'd be intrested in those too,haven't seen them in years though......

+ Reply to Thread