+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Police Investigations.

Weblogger
    Born in London, bred in Yorkshire, laid in Dublin.

Default Police Investigations.

Police in Germany are at a loss to explain it. At first they thought that the person or persons putting a US flag in dog shit in local parks was a statement against the invasion of Iraq. Then they moved on to thinking it must be over Bush's re-election but, since these malicious desecrations of doggie-do continue they cannot explain what the motivation is. Even so, they are sending out special patrols to try and find the culprits although, as a police spokesman commented, there isn't exactly a law against putting a flag into a pile so, if they catch anyone, they don't know what they'll do about it ...

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Default Re: Police Investigations.

Flag Burning was a big thing in the 90's here in the states. It was always a bit silly and had many copy cats for various reason. Kinda odd for this to matter much in Germany though, I mean if they don't have an idea if they can or even want to prosecute anyone for this...why waste time on it? Who really cares?

Dog shit on a U.S. flag is just not as hard hitting as flag burning...and that's long passed it's intensity. Plus once you've seen a U.S. flag turning into G-String with matching top...it's kinda hard to care about this kinda stuff.

Sounds like a bunch of wasted time...can't the german police send these special patrols to i dunno...patrol for real crime?

sheramil's Avatar Maracite Inreach program

Quote Originally Posted by Tequila Zaire
    Dog shit on a U.S. flag is just not as hard hitting as flag burning...and that's long passed it's intensity. Plus once you've seen a U.S. flag turning into G-String with matching top...it's kinda hard to care about this kinda stuff.
    does anyone remember that inaugural ceremony where Bush ate a slice of American Flag cake?

you know what that slice of cake ended up as?

is that worse than burning the flag? (actually - technically - at a chemical level, i think it is flag-burning)

hewhoisagod's Avatar Captain Obvious

Flag Baking, unless it was overcooked then it would be Flag Burning

nyar's Avatar The Crawling Chaos

why are germans concerned?

Years ago, I had friends that were um... In a "unique" state of mind and wondering around the park. They happened upon a flag and in their altered state of mind decided to burn it just for something to do / look at. As it was burning the police happened to come by and arrested them both. It was durring the time that it was in the news. The're names were on international news. Every distant relative of thiers saw it. It turned into a huge debate. Both were released to their parents because they were both minors but still hear about it to this day.

i got the shit beat outta me just for being at a show where there was a burning flag in the pit and everyone was skanking on it.

which is kinda ironic because i was probably the most right-wing person there (officers not included)

23*'s Avatar Stranger than fiction
    Ireland With the Leprechauns and the little people.

flag burning rocks!

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

Quote Originally Posted by 23*
    flag burning rocks!
    fire makes evrything fun

memorydream's Avatar Sage

Ah, "pot stirring" (aka inciting), gotta love that stuff. Love the cake analogy about El Presidente.

Weblogger
    Born in London, bred in Yorkshire, laid in Dublin.

I haven't a scooby-snack why the police are following up on this; perhaps they're personally interested?

Funnily enough, there was a French artist who made a point of finding steamy piles and putting a flag on them, but that was about five years ago and was considered art.

+ Reply to Thread