+ Reply to Thread

Thread: southern pastor says his family members who wear pants are demons

and your little dog too

Default southern pastor says his family members who wear pants are demons

from Bristol Herald Courier

Family Scuffles, Pastor Says Jeans a Demon

BRISTOL, Tenn. (AP) - When scuffling sisters brought their family squabble into the Assemblies of Jesus Church, the preacher says the devil came, too. The Rev. Clarence June Love was just about to begin his Sunday service to a congregation of less than a dozen on Jan. 9, when sisters Reba Storey, 46, and Mary Steele, 64, entered the hall to talk to their 88-year-old mother, Maude Yates.

The sisters claim they wanted to tell their mother that Storey was going to have surgery. They say they came to church because another sister, 69-year-old Rosa Harrison, who is also the preacher's girlfriend, won't let them see Yates, who lives in a nursing home.

But what caught Love's eye when the sisters entered his church were their blue jeans - forbidden for women in some Pentecostal churches. The 83-year-old preacher came down from his pulpit.

"You're not wearing pants in my church, you demon," Storey claimed the preacher said. "I said, 'I'm glad I serve a God who can work through my pants.'"

That's when, according to Storey, Love allegedly grabbed her and hustled her to the door.

"He said, 'I got all the demons out of my church, and I want you out,'" she said. "I said, 'I don't believe you've got all the demons out yet.'"

Love called the police. Storey and Steele turned themselves in, then filed charges against Harrison and Love.

Now all of them face assault charges. General Sessions Judge Bill Watson said he hoped to deal with the case Friday after spending all his time Wednesday just finding lawyers for everyone.

"It's a family feud," Storey said.

Default Re: southern pastor says his family members who wear pants are demons

Grrr, Priests.
    *Shakes fists angrily* **

nyar's Avatar The Crawling Chaos

Ok- its tennessee- are we really that suprised?!!

TheQuietPlace's Avatar The Delivery Expert

Here's a play on words for one of Dane Cook's jokes:

"WHERE ARE MY PANTS!?!?! Fuck it! I'm going out pantsless! HAHAHAHA Look at this guy and pants!"

Because it's Tennesee I'm not that suprised.

Weblogger
    Born in London, bred in Yorkshire, laid in Dublin.

The case has been dismissed and the family told to sort their own problems out.

hewhoisagod's Avatar Captain Obvious

My stepmom hears demons in electric guitars. And people wonder why I don't visit my dad that often.

Muzz's Avatar Senior Member

Oh. My. God.

That's so stupid I spewed milk all over my keyboard from laughing. What is it with people?

My mom thinks that any religion except God-fearing ones have to do with the devil and me being interested in other religions is bad. o_O *shrugs*

killerkat's Avatar Malice?

hey ,everbody i lived in Knoxvile,TN and Nashville,TN, knoxville is more cultural than here in Georgia,even moreso than atlanta, its just the back wooods areas that are bad...

+ Reply to Thread