+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Where is the painful spot on your body that you have ever gotting a tattoo?

tommygunn666's Avatar In A Dream Tilll I Die!!!

Default Where is the painful spot on your body that you have ever gotting a tattoo?

Where is the painful spot on your body that you have ever gotting a tattoo?
    i only got like 7 but none really hurt it felt like a massage but i want to get some on the back of my arm by the elbow

tommygunn666

Jasperino's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: Where is the painful spot on your body that you have ever gotting a tattoo?

I have a gothic trinity cross on my arm that extends from one end to the other. It was all wel and good until he got to the tender part of my arm right by the armpit just below the shoulder, and there's alot of shading there so he had to go over it several times. That's the only part that ever really hurt. Needless to say that when I get sleeved on the other arm it probably won't go all the way around at the top.

koolagh's Avatar Resident Barbarian

Default Re: Where is the painful spot on your body that you have ever gotting a tattoo?

Worst place I ever got tattooed was the center of my chest right over my sternum. Have three gashes with a wolf peeking out. Took about three hours and hyrt like a son-of-a-bitch the entire time. I slept through my six other tattos.

Dead center at the top of my stomache. God, it hurt like hell. The rest of my tats and my piercings were nothing compaired to that. It didn't help any that he was going into deep with it also.

On my back Dead Center of my Shoulder Blades....Lotsa nerves there or something...Hurt like hell...

postcoital's Avatar Curiously Strong Altoid

My wrists. Actually, it isn't all too painful, but I had a pal doing it who was all new to tattooing and stuff and we kinda learned it together. So yeah, he let the needle out a bit too far ,)

I have a tattoo of dragon on the small of my back. It took three and half hours to do. I did just fine through most of it. The worst part was right in the center on the spine. There are nerve endings in the area and the fact that you are also close to the bone can make it very painful for some people.

tommygunn666's Avatar In A Dream Tilll I Die!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Giulianna
    I have a tattoo of dragon on the small of my back. It took three and half hours to do. I did just fine through most of it. The worst part was right in the center on the spine. There are nerve endings in the area and the fact that you are also close to the bone can make it very painful for some people.
    i found it the opposite
    the center of the spine didnt hurt but when they started to go away for the center it started to hurt more and more

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

i heard that the top of your foot and around the ankle hurt like hell. but then i'm just relating bits i've heard... i'm far too needle-phobic to have a tattoo...yet...
    K

hip bone

Satiate's Avatar Senior Member

Anything involving my pusswah...I can't imagine it scabbing...

*shakes violently*
    *cringes*

my neck and the tops of my feet

Quote Originally Posted by Satiate
    Anything involving my pusswah...I can't imagine it scabbing...

*shakes violently*
    *cringes*

hip bone is worse. down there is made for punishment

toxicat's Avatar catty member

The pits hurt but the back was worse, and my Sekhmet wasn't too bad!

mystoo's Avatar Pirate Hooker

I have a few but none of them hurt like the hip, not even the ankle. Damn, that's a pain I'll never forget.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

knee hurt, but that was a long time ago so I don't really remember it. Inside of my arm by the shoulder hurt a lot, and wrists are pretty bad.

bottom of rib cage by the solar plexus was the worst spot, and is the basis of relief for all other parts so far to say, "well at least it wasn't that spot!"

pretty much any big ass tattoos that takes over an hour is going to fuckin suck, no matter where it is.

(if there is a ) next time I'm going to get something nice and small, take a half an hour, on a nice meaty chunk of my leg.

i'm not gonna act like a tough guy and say it doesn't phase me. that shit hurts an I don't like it. If i could get a 100% pain free tattoo, then sign me up.

nathanmbailey's Avatar Batteries not included

Let's see:

Knee caps were the worst, but still tolerable.
    Chest, right under the end of the sternum just over the diaphram.

Other than that, nothing was too bad. The foot felt weird, but it didn't necessarily hurt, same with my arm pits. Back sucks but all my pieces were a few hours in the making so it ran more into annoyance. Stomach was easy, same with ribs and shoulders. As far as sucky parts, ribs, stomach, and chest are annoying because you have to control your breathing to keep from messing up the artist's work.

aXa's Avatar Senior Member

i really dont have enough professionally done tats to really count. ones on my upper arms were pretty easy to deal with. but, when i had my collarbones down with an Ed Hardy based piece, that hurt like f'ing hell and took forever to finish. sure, i had adrenaline going by the end of it; but that just made me feel 'strange' and restless. not to mention having to use the bathroom midway thro thing. when i came back, it seemed to hurt more and i was getting cold. best way to describe the pain from the areas near my bones was as if someone was using a scalpel to draw on me.

I've no tattoos, but my girlfriend agrees that the middle of the chest/upper stomach was the worst. It's generally the places where bone is just below the skin.

Quote Originally Posted by aXa
    best way to describe the pain from the areas near my bones was as if someone was using a scalpel to draw on me.
    This doesn't actually hurt very much.

i should have said: "as if i was using a not-so-sharp-anymore scalpel to draw on myself." it wasnt necessarily the pain that was the problem. by the end of it, i was so hypersensitive that i could feel the needle moving in and out of my skin very distinctly.

Quote Originally Posted by nathanmbailey
    As far as sucky parts, ribs, stomach, and chest are annoying because you have to control your breathing to keep from messing up the artist's work.
    yeah, that sucks. for me, I had to lie down on my back with my feet kinda dangling off the end of the chair and the blood pooling to my brain and that put me in a position that I found very agitating. If I could have sat up and supported my limbs, I think it would have made it much more comfortable.

AXA, you got tattooed by ed hardy?

VoltaireBlue's Avatar just is

the tops of my feet and the tendon that goes down the back of my knee as well as the outer ankle were the worst. my chest and ribs weren't that bad.

ribs seem like they would tickle.

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory
    ribs seem like they would tickle.
    I woulnt say they tickled but the tattoo machine rattles the hell out all your guts..... which is not good when all you've got in your tummy is 2 advil, and a cup of coffee. we had to stop every 45 min or so because I thought I was going to hurl up my advil and coffee...... fun times, lol.

AXA, you got tattooed by ed hardy?
    unfortunately no. i went to a tattoo convention that he was attenting, only to find out he was just going to be a guest speaker and not actually doing any tattooing at. i felt really stupid and shy talking to him about the piece i wanted down. but i had my mind set on getting it down and the cash in my pocket. i had one of the artists from my local shop, "Mass Tattoos," in worcester mass, tweak the design slightly and draw it up. got that tattoo i wanted, just not by the artist i had intended. am still happy with it.

Quote Originally Posted by VoltaireBlue
    I woulnt say they tickled but the tattoo machine rattles the hell out all your guts..... which is not good when all you've got in your tummy is 2 advil, and a cup of coffee. we had to stop every 45 min or so because I thought I was going to hurl up my advil and coffee...... fun times, lol.
    from what I've seen it looks like your tattoo took about two years to do. I got too much ADD, can't sit still for that long.

from what I've seen it looks like your tattoo took about two years to do. I got too much ADD, can't sit still for that long.
    nah, it was 13 months from start to finish.

Oh great... I want a full back tattoo, it look like I'm fucked either way. I just hope I don't regret asking for it.

Personally I want it to hurt as much as possible. That way the tattoo will mean much more. Kinda dumb but... I'd like to have it mean something to me.

As for now I have only one tattoo and I'm not gonna to dare to say it hurt comparing to others here... I feel so naked and like a gigantic wuss

i think the trick is to just not stop, no breaks,and don't think too much about it. i have one on my chest and i hardly felt it, either way, it's a good pain
    i'm getting my next one in
    April, on my calf, i can't freaking wait.

If you want it to hurt as much as possible, get it done in the old tap method. I still plan on getting at least one piece done that way at some point.

I'm going to finish up my back when I get back to the states, I figure I've probably got like 2 or 3 sessions left, I just have to find another artist.

Iggyisdead's Avatar boo-urns

The English language: Learn it, love it, live it.

Now that I have addressed the issue of the O.P.'s juvenile grasp of grammar and syntax back to the original question at hand: my chest. That was most pain I had felt in a long time. So much so that I am delaying getting more work done in that painfully tender area.

Nos's Avatar Senior Member

So far for me it's been: ribs (worst), forearm (really bad), wrist (really sucked), and knuckles (wow). Neck,legs, upper arm, top of hand, and neck .... fell asleep

Quote Originally Posted by Iggyisdead
    The English language: Learn it, love it, live it.

Now that I have addressed the issue of the O.P.'s juvenile grasp of grammar and syntax
    that was five years ago. I'm pretty sure that guy is long gone.

^^^whats more I don't think that was fair for her to say since english is not the first language of more than a few in this community. a little consideration for others, please.

Quote Originally Posted by koolagh
    Worst place I ever got tattooed was the center of my chest right over my sternum. Have three gashes with a wolf peeking out. Took about three hours and hyrt like a son-of-a-bitch the entire time. I slept through my six other tattos.
    That was my worst spot too. My chest bleed while I was getting it done.

I liked getting my upper back done, that spot felt good

Quote Originally Posted by mystoo
    i think the trick is to just not stop, no breaks,and don't think too much about it.
    I wanted to do that for my first tattoo but the artist said 12 hours of tattooing was more than he wanted to sit though.

It wasn't so much the top of the chest, just right below the sternum. Right over the sternum sucked, but not as much as that patch of skin with nothing but tissue and an organ underneath.

If you want it to hurt as much as possible, get it done in the old tap method. I still plan on getting at least one piece done that way at some point.
    Is it possible to get it done the old tap method? Or did they make it illegal? Where can I find someone to do that? How much more will it cost?

If I do end up get whole back done that way,I hope I don't cry while having this done. It'd suck!!!

All this tattoo talk is making me giddy. Come on April......

Right over the sternum sucked, but not as much as that patch of skin with nothing but tissue and an organ underneath.
    You got your balls tattooed?

+ Reply to Thread