+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Who do you want to pay with?

Weblogger
    Born in London, bred in Yorkshire, laid in Dublin.

Default Who do you want to pay with?

The bills used in the US seem to have a reasonably long tradition, but which faces would you prefer to see on your bills and who would you discard?

H.R.329 : To require the Secretary of the Treasury to redesign the face of $10 Federal reserve notes so as to include a likeness of President Ronald Wilson Reagan, and for other purposes.
    Sponsor: Rep Hayworth, J. D. [AZ-5] (introduced 1/25/2005)

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Default Re: Who do you want to pay with?

I'd like to see what's done with change...different presidents on various bills for a certain period of time. I really liked Reagan...wouldn't mind seeing him on a bill for a bit.

nyar's Avatar The Crawling Chaos

yeah maybe he should be on the $10 because thats how much he wanted to spend on the arts-
    how can anyone here actually like reagan?
    a republican goth???
    hell- a republican free-thinker?? thats an oxymoron-
    he was a fuckin evil senile old bastard- I cheered when I heard he died-
    just like W. is Cheneys dog, reagan was Bushs'
    they're all puppets anyway-
    I wouldn't put reagan on monopoly money!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nyar
    yeah maybe he should be on the $10 because thats how much he wanted to spend on the arts-
    how can anyone here actually like reagan?
    a republican goth???
    hell- a republican free-thinker?? thats an oxymoron-
    he was a fuckin evil senile old bastard- I cheered when I heard he died-
    just like W. is Cheneys dog, reagan was Bushs'
    they're all puppets anyway-
    I wouldn't put reagan on monopoly money!!!
    Your response begs some questions:

(1) Is it REALLY the government's job to fund the arts? Or is it simply their job to create a safe plot of land on which you can feel free to make art? What happens when the government tries to control art? Will the religious factions that lobby government then begin to lobby about art, specifically obscenity in art?

(2) Are "goth" and "Republican" diametrically opposed concepts? Are "goth" and "Democrat" analogous concepts?

Note: Don't attack me as a member of either ruling party. I'm independent.

To answer the original question: Amelia G. on the $5, Forrest on the $10, that girl from The Nuns on the $20 and myself on the $1 so that when I die, I will know that I have been in the panties of strippers all over the world

nyar's Avatar The Crawling Chaos

Quote Originally Posted by tinstar
    Your response begs some questions:

(1) Is it REALLY the government's job to fund the arts? Or is it simply their job to create a safe plot of land on which you can feel free to make art? What happens when the government tries to control art? Will the religious factions that lobby government then begin to lobby about art, specifically obscenity in art?

(2) Are "goth" and "Republican" diametrically opposed concepts? Are "goth" and "Democrat" analogous concepts?

Note: Don't attack me as a member of either ruling party. I'm independent.

To answer the original question: Amelia G. on the $5, Forrest on the $10, that girl from The Nuns on the $20 and myself on the $1 so that when I die, I will know that I have been in the panties of strippers all over the world
    ahhh- discussion-
    1) its not thier job to soley fund the arts, however there is no denying the importance of arts in any culture- all Im asking for is that recognition and some fairness- maybe ONE less bomb, send that $$$ to the NEA. Is that so much to ask- I mean, in nuclear bombs alone(not counting the shit we fire on a regular basis), which cost millions, we have, at least 2600more than any other nation!!!!! Thats a lot of bombs- can anyone say OVERKILL!!!(and no Im not talking about that shitty 80's metal band)-
    I understand the government wants us all to think we need soooo much military money- but, some of us know better- right? And Perhaps just saying arts was to broad- when I say that Im also talking about art education and community enrichment type programs.
    2)I guess I always seen goth as an apolitical clique- I don't mean without political views- just without affiliation- and reagan lovers are typically hardcore registered-republicans. I really can't picture any goths, or anyone who claims to be an individual for that matter, attending the republican national!!- I know that may be a little different nowadays because W. and his dogs have a lot of the sheep scared shitless about terrorists and our safety- but Im hopeful that as the days go by more and more are seeing through the bullshit.
    As for the democrat thing, it doesn't really matter- like I said- they're all puppets, both are held by the same puppeteer- the parties exist to make us believe we have a choice, and act as yet another separating classification/clique.

ok?

by the way- nice idea for the $1- I want my pic on the $2!!!!
    yeah its not much but when you give that to a stripper they can't help but think "this guys different"

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

Dr. Timothy Leary on the $5 Bill Clinton on the $20 and Sid Vicious on the $100 i would kill to see an Image of Sid Vicious put on any official currency actually

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Reagan sodomized the USSR, I'll always respect him for that. I would not agree with a lot of his other policies. He can have a bill.

On another note, I think it is ridiculous to accept or negate either liberalism or conservatism as "goth" or any other subcultural heading. I think people here will vote as they see fit. Most likely, that would be in a pragmatic manner with full knowledge of the bullshit inherent in both ruling parties.

OEC

+ Reply to Thread