+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Arrg! Every Time I Look at Unreal Championship 2, they push the date back!

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

Default Arrg! Every Time I Look at Unreal Championship 2, they push the date back!

I want this game now!

(oh, and really I just wanted to use the little ranty guy... I like him.)

Same place but I have been just about everywhere inbetween

Default Re: Arrg! Every Time I Look at Unreal Championship 2, they push the date back!

yeah well I just got my Mac back and being the dumb ass I can be I loaded OS X and went to load the first UNREAl and I am told I need OS 9.1 or higher for classic OS to run in 10...quiet an annoyance anyhow I just wanted to use the lilrant guy too.....but for some reson my computer is being od and my pop up blocker is overreacting....DOH

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Default Re: Arrg! Every Time I Look at Unreal Championship 2, they push the date back!

I wouldn't hold my breath for this game coming out before fall. They need to make sure this does not lag in any way, shape, or form and that balance is on target. Unlike Halo...Unreal games play fast and furious and given they want to combine 3rd person style combat with FPS combat...they can't afford to have lag delay any attack. That would kill the game online. Second since M$ does not allow games to be "patched like PC games" via XBL the game can't afford to do updates like it normally does...and if one weapon or attack patten can domiate then the game is DOA. The great thing is that it looks to be in capable hands...I'm more hyped for this than anything else on that console.

You are probably right, as usual. Unreal Championship on XBoX Live is something that I really enjoy, so I'm excited about the new one. I wasn't that bent about the Halo 2 release, but it did take quite some time to come out. It's just been making me crazy watching the release date on UC2 being pushed back another month every time it gets close to the projected release date. I wish they would say August, and maybe come out early or something.

TheQuietPlace's Avatar The Delivery Expert

Quote Originally Posted by ForrestBlack
    . I wasn't that bent about the Halo 2 release, but it did take quite some time to come out.
    Halo 2 did take awhile to come out. But the end result was a good game. A great sequel at that. I too am not that insane over Halo 2. Then again I don't have Live.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

You are probably right, as usual. Unreal Championship on XBoX Live is something that I really enjoy, so I'm excited about the new one.
    Release dates are always in a state of flux with big name releases. Given how much is riding on this game (Midway NEEDS this to be a monster hit) I don't think too many chances are being taken as to screwing up the game. I think they want as polished a product as possible to come out at a time when Halo 2 is enough of a distant memory where they can try to match it online wise on XBL and steal the thunder of other big name releases this year (biggest being the next Rainbow 6 game that looks to take XBL team play to a whole new level)

It's one of those products where failure is not an option for the company.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by TheQuietPlace
    Halo 2 did take awhile to come out. But the end result was a good game. A great sequel at that. I too am not that insane over Halo 2. Then again I don't have Live.
    Halo 2 really shines on XBL...it feels so much more diffrent and alive. It's not perfect by any means and could really use a patch to balance a few things out. I wouldn't say it's worth XBL alone but if one has people to regularly play with..it is a total blast.

hewhoisagod's Avatar Captain Obvious

.............. I'm just sticking with FarCry...... although I do have say god damn that game is fucking hard

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by hewhoisagod
    .............. I'm just sticking with FarCry...... although I do have say god damn that game is fucking hard
    Indeed it is. Brutally hard at times.

La_ExotiQue's Avatar Nigga plz

aww forget those fancy shmancy games BRING BACK DUKE NUKEM!! oh i love that game.

Quote Originally Posted by La_ExotiQue
    aww forget those fancy shmancy games BRING BACK DUKE NUKEM!! oh i love that game.
    its still around... just have to look hard enough ;D

La_ExotiQue's Avatar Nigga plz

Quote Originally Posted by TheQuietPlace
    its still around... just have to look hard enough ;D
    lol i know i got my husband to download it for me to put on my computer...smoooth!! i love that motherfucker and his mullet

duke nukem was an awesome game... I need to find it!

sheramil's Avatar Maracite Inreach program

I want this game now!

i sort of came in late. well, not really late; i bought a copy of Unreal Tournament when it came out and, even though i've only got an nVidia Riva TNT, it was pretty good.

could someone who knows tell me - what came after UT? i lost track on account of my excessive marijuana intake over the past year.

if that isn't a good enough excuse, well.. i have others.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by sheramil
    i sort of came in late. well, not really late; i bought a copy of Unreal Tournament when it came out and, even though i've only got an nVidia Riva TNT, it was pretty good.

could someone who knows tell me - what came after UT? i lost track on account of my excessive marijuana intake over the past year.

if that isn't a good enough excuse, well.. i have others.
    With gaming geek hat on I will clue you in. After the masterwork of the original UT was UT2003...a beautiful looking game that fell WAY short of expectations in terms of gameplay. It lost the charm and feel of the original UT in just about every way. Around this time the console version of it appeared on the XBOX titled Unreal Championship...a very stripped down and retuned version for the console set. Not a bad game by any means but again...it didn't have the feel of what a UT game is suppose to have.

Next game UT2004...the game UT2003 should have been. Not only did this feature excellent game modes and stunning design but it had enough mutators and tweaks that you could essentially tune the game to your hearts content. It's a drop dead glorious game with top notch gameplay, online play, and a near endless stream of maps and user created content. It's simply the best bang for your gaming buck at the moment.

Next up is Unreal Championship 2...a very big departure from the core UT gameplay in that it will introduce a CONSOLE specific control scheme and melee combat...a true mix of 3rd and 1st person perspectives. A first for the series and really one of the first to really attempt to make it work. It's due out later this year and already looks to be a beautiful game in its own right...onlythe gameplay is left to make it's true debut (if it is delayed into the summer many are hoping it at least makes a showing at E3)

After all this...the debut of the next version of the Unreal engine and games powered by it sometime in 2006. It's early showings are nothing short of jawdropping. Cinematic quality in some respects with a potential to push gaming into a new age of hyper sophisticated graphics. It will be the engine to power the next UT game...the hardcore gamers are already saving for the systems they will need to power such a beastly engine.

I finally got around to giving Halo 2 on XBL a try, and it's not bad. I'm not terribly good at it yet, but it's entertaining. It seems little faster paced than UC, which I'm not really nuts about, I think it's a field of vision issue or something. It just seems like everyone is running around disturbingly faster than realtime. I don't even think the single player version moves nearly that fast. But yeah, it is more fun than the storyline portion of the game.

23*'s Avatar Stranger than fiction
    Ireland With the Leprechauns and the little people.

I’m playing metroid prime II Echoes these days....jee wiz it rocks. I've been a fan of the metroid series since super metroid on the snes; which admittedly is only three games.

I've messed around with Halo and I don't know if its just me but there’s something about Metroid, a sense of isolation, a true alien environment with bizarre life forms organic and mechanical which pushes metroid far ahead. And the colours....some areas are like you're seeing through the eyes of someone on acid...brilliant purples and pinks... Then of course there’s the fact that I’ve always loved my platformers too and Prime did an amazing job of bring back the platformer into first person.

Oh....metroid...how I love thee.....

anyone else playing/played it?

+ Reply to Thread