+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Phones...

TheQuietPlace's Avatar The Delivery Expert

Default Phones...

Ok... I'm one who... doesn't like the phone, and could live without it. So long as we have computers.

Anyways... does anyone else not like phones to the point where they get annoyed when they get a phone call?

Bizarre Star's Avatar Member

Default Re: Phones...

Sometimes, but then other times It is a good thing to have. Home phones I oculd forever live without, but my cell I need for emegencies and such. All in all The net is so much more important, but the phone is a needed thing in my life to, even if Ihate using it lol.

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

I used to be freaked out by the phone when I was little. Got over it during puberty. Then the internet came along and I kind of went back to being really not into the phone. I just don't really like phone conversations. I mean, I use my cell, but it is mostly for conversations along the lines of "where is the parking at this restaurant?" or "I'm stuck in traffic so it will be another fifteen minutes or so" or "is the party you are at better than the party I am at?" My brother actually text messages those convos on his phone, but that seems perhaps overboard to me.

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

i dont like phones and i hate cell phones the only reason i own a cell phone is because i move around a lot and i need a permanent contact number i usually dont even take it with me when i go out i almost never use the regular phone either except to order pizza

I_bleed_a_tear's Avatar Junior Member

I don't like phones eaither. I have a cell phone and I usually ignore 90% of the calls just because...Usually only answer if my bf calls...everyone else...Meh they know were I live.

Ichigo's Avatar Senior Member

I hate it when people don't like phones. I'd rather have someone call me, but most people would rather wait and wait and wait until you sign on instant messenger. I view those people as a bunch of pussies who are too afraid to pick up the phone, because that would mean actual conversation.

I like having a cellphone. It's convenient. If someone calls who I don't want to talk to, the ID will tell me and I just don't answer. ;P Also, only give out your number to people you want to talk to. I prefer real life situations to anything over the phone, though.

23*'s Avatar Stranger than fiction
    Ireland With the Leprechauns and the little people.

i held out on getting a mobile phone for several years after everyone else i knew had one. I think i was trying to make some kind of statement, but then i was like "fuck it!" and went out and bought the most cheap ass design i could find. I'll never upgrade.

whatever anyone else says though.....mobile phones are damn useful.

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Quote Originally Posted by cheinara wraithwalker
    I like having a cellphone. It's convenient. If someone calls who I don't want to talk to, the ID will tell me and I just don't answer. ;P Also, only give out your number to people you want to talk to. I prefer real life situations to anything over the phone, though.

Real life is much more satisfying. Phone is mostly just a tool, not a replacement for actual friendship stuff.

TheQuietPlace's Avatar The Delivery Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Ichigo
    I hate it when people don't like phones. I'd rather have someone call me, but most people would rather wait and wait and wait until you sign on instant messenger. I view those people as a bunch of pussies who are too afraid to pick up the phone, because that would mean actual conversation.
    I love actual conversation. I just don't like phones. I like talking face to face, unless I'm online, in which case I love chatting with my friends.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

I hate phones with a passion...not because I don't like conversations but I just never liked the asthetic of regular phones, cell phones, and anything related to it. I'm not a big IM fan either...I prefer to be face to face but that's an increasingly harder thing to do these days. Cell phones are a necessary evil but I always feel like I'm one of those tagged animals you see on nature shows...I can be reached anywhere and at anytime...I hate that.

On the plus side I can play tetris on it so Woo hoo!

Quote Originally Posted by AmeliaG
    Real life is much more satisfying. Phone is mostly just a tool, not a replacement for actual friendship stuff.
    I agree, 100%.

+ Reply to Thread