+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How old were you when you had your first drink?

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Default How old were you when you had your first drink?

What age were you the first time you tried alcohol? What was the situation? Do you think the circumstances of your first drink had an impact in how you approach boozing today?

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

Default Re: How old were you when you had your first drink?

i was 13 and it realy wasnt a big deal it was at my uncles wedding sequel (i forget what you call it when they re mary you again) anyways my dad gave me a glass with tequila and said her ur old enough now. as much as people think that im one big boozehound im realy not altho there are some ocacions were i get a bit fucked up like weddings new years etc i think id be a real drunkard if i waited till i was 21 by now its a bit old so there are times i go weeks even months withou any alcohol

Having a genuine redneck stepdad when I was very small, the first drinking I remember was about 4 or 5ish but my mom learned the old southern medicinal alchohol for babies so probably since I left the hospital. It was the redneck stepdad that thought it was funny to get the kids drunk for the same reason people get thier pets stoned though. I don't think I was raised with the taboo against alchohol most people were. I want to say this is why I have never been a binge drinker, but I have known to many people who were raised the same way that are binge drinkers. I also want to think that the fact that I never grew past 5'6" has nothing to do with drinking as young as I did, but.... whose to say.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

if you give alchohol to babies you should be shot or at least sent to prison for a very long time for child abuse and castrated/whatever they do to a woman to make her sterile upon release.

killerkat's Avatar Malice?

hell, my uncle was giving us beers at 6, just to give us somethig to do ,i guess, it's always a good story between my sibling and i............

it could of been a sign, but i don't really like to drink that often,even thought i often do drink........hmmm.......

Before you castrate or murder my mom you should keep in mind it is what was done in that time and place. They didn't give the kids burbon straight up or vodka martinis, it was rubbing a little brandy on the gums for teething or a teaspoon to help them sleep when they were sick. Honestly it is better than giving them certian over the counter medicines that I have seen people give to babies.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

yeah maybe it's better than giving babies cough medicine because it contains alchohol, but alchohol kills brain cells and damages the liver of a fulyl grown adult, how do you think it effects someone who's body can't even handle the enzhymes in milk?

Again, if it were baby margarita night every week I would agree with you. People have been doing it for generations and all jokes about the south aside, there has been little to no recorded adverse effects. One glass of wine does not kill a man's liver, one taste of brandy does not make a baby braindamaged. I probably should clarify that we did not get sick every week, and this normally isn't done for babies under 6 months.

Redneck stepdad, different story, but that has as much to do with intent as the actual risk of damaging the kids.

23*'s Avatar Stranger than fiction
    Ireland With the Leprechauns and the little people.

12, i had half a bottle of liquor and was drunk silly, woke up the next day and was still pissed.

its crazy you guys in the US have to wait until you're 21 until you can drink legally, thats so weird. I think it probably has more negative implications than our (18) and certainly Frances (16) system.

Then again, Ireland isn't exactly known for its sensibility with alcohol...

morbid_lady's Avatar Senior Member

my parents always let us have wine at special occasions and stuff when we were little, and dad always gave me hot taughty when i was sick. i cant really remember how old i was the first time i had booze.

hewhoisagod's Avatar Captain Obvious

18 months.................... I had asthmatic bronchitis and the medication they gave me made me really hyper so the doctor made my dad go to a liquor store and get some whiskey and put 10 drops of it in my bottle.

bre.star's Avatar Senior Member

umm i know that my dad used to always trick me and say he was drinking apple juice and then i would drink some of his beer hehe...that was before i could read, and everytime he actually had apple juice i didn't believe him! my parents are alchoholics so i always tasted things, but i didnt actually drink to get drunk until i was 14.

Trotter's Avatar Senior Member

Never had any. Don't plan on it anytime soon.

Ellis's Avatar Kuwabara Kuwabara

I dont drink

Same place but I have been just about everywhere inbetween

I have pictures of me in my dads shop at the age of 4 or 5 with a labatt stubby bottle in my mouth and a circular saw in the other.....I have all digits and appendages...I will try to find the pic and post ASAP

+ Reply to Thread