+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Games You Like?

Default Games You Like?

What type of Video Games do you prefer?

I prefer the Open Ended Type such as Fable, or Monster Hunter, or Jade Cocoon 2.

What do you prefer?

Oh, is the Urbz any good, since when I played that before, it was horrrible, due to the story mode you HAD to go through.
    Grrr!

Oh, is the PlayBoy Mansion game any good also?

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

Default Re: Games You Like?

i like all videogames since i practicaly grew up with em thanks to the NES. lately ive been playing need for speed underground , Ace Combat The Unsung War (i already beat it but it was so much fun that im playing it again on the hardest dificulty setting) il mainly play anything with alot of action and a good story that makes you want to play the game more. oh and the urbz and playboy the mansion suck

I would suggest NOT getting the Lord Of The Rings: The Third Age !

That was a MAJOR waste of Store Credit!

Quote Originally Posted by BrightStar
    I would suggest NOT getting the Lord Of The Rings: The Third Age !

That was a MAJOR waste of Store Credit!
    its a good idea to read other peoples opinion on a game before you buy it or try to rent bfore you buy

Quote Originally Posted by KilLAtomiK
    its a good idea to read other peoples opinion on a game before you buy it or try to rent bfore you buy
    Yeah, I did, and it was ok, but has too many glitches that they neglected to mention.

Also, they went on about some features towards the end of the game, which were not even in there.

Example Glitch: The Game freezes on occasion toward the end, and if it resumes controls, it will be the enemy attack mode, and wont allow your turn, because it didnt register that they attacked, so the enemy ends up with unlimited mana and attacks, until your charaters are dead, and will always do that unless you have the auto-ressurection on from the start of the fight.

Also, if you move in a certain manner with your characters, or goto certain areas, or press certain buttons in a certain way, you will recieve a dirty disk error for no reason.

It had a so-so story, which ends up where you are just playing to get that area over with.

It has Awesome Music Selections though, but thats only because it was the Movie's Soundtrack.

All the others other than Gandalf and Grima that voice characters sound rather hollow and unbelievable, as if they dont even care about what is happening around them.

Lastly: There are many inconsistancies in the overal storyline, and everywhere else as well. Only the Moria storyline is believable, until you get to Gandalf and the Balrog.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

I'm a pretty avid gamer...bit too much so to be honest. Currently I'm having fun with World of Warcraft and City of Heroes in terms of my major online play. Dawn of War and Battle for Middle Earth are taking up my RTS time with a bit of Rome:Total War to keep things fresh. Shooter wise...UT2k4, Tribes:Vengeance, Some Desert Combat and BFV with a bit of SP Doom 3 and Tron 2.0

Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines has been a real surprise and quickly becoming an all time favourite...playing as a malkavian makes the game a very very funny game...in a good way mind you. I'm still going through Beyond Good & Evil along with my constant Operation Flashpoint addiction...I still play some HL2 and Max Payne 2...both are just fun. Same with Mafia...that game is a masterwork on the PC.

Console wise...well that's a long ass list. Currently I'm trying to keep focus on Gran Turismo 4, Burnout 3, VF4, Guilty Gear X2 Reload, JSRF (one of my all time fav), and some Street Fighter 3, Rez, KoF 2K2, and NHL2K5.

Also have another dozen gamesvia emulation I'm trying to get through. You'd think with all this I'd be playing non stop...but I play very little these days, I just love variety the atmosphere of it all....I still gotta finish Valkyrie Profile, Chrono Cross, FFX-2, and Xenosaga as well.

Yup...insane gaming geek I am.

I like Planescape: Torment, Full Throttle (Old School Lucas Arts,) The Curse of Monkey Island series, the King's Quest series, Quest for Glory series, Day of the Tentacle, Sam 'n Max Hit the Road, Grim Fandango, Final Fantasy 1-6, ...uh...Zombies Ate my Neighbors...

There's a ton more. I'm a gaming NERD.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by cheinara wraithwalker
    I like Planescape: Torment, Full Throttle (Old School Lucas Arts,) The Curse of Monkey Island series, the King's Quest series, Quest for Glory series, Day of the Tentacle, Sam 'n Max Hit the Road, Grim Fandango, Final Fantasy 1-6, ...uh...Zombies Ate my Neighbors...

There's a ton more. I'm a gaming NERD.
    Hahah finally...another Zombies ate my Neighbors fan...I still have my SNES cart in the box...MINT...same with my copy of Planescape Torment...that is such an amazing game. Should be played by any who want more than the typical game experience and those who love a good story to go with their gameplay. Both are classics in the very best sense of the word.

Same with Grim Fandango, Sam and Max, and FF6. Though really nearly all mentioned are considered classics in some form...good taste.

a_small_death's Avatar The ugliest dj on earth

My gaming vices are wide but the biggest consist of Final Fantasy and Phantasy Star Online.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by a_small_death
    My gaming vices are wide but the biggest consist of Final Fantasy and Phantasy Star Online.
    PSO...which version you playing? the DC, Xbox, or GC version?

killerkat's Avatar Malice?

i haven't owned a video game/consul since i was about 10,but a roomate i lived with for a while had a game called"devil may cry"(i think) it was kick ass,unlimited ammo,sawed off shotgun,ass kickin.........

but i REALLY don't play games just don't like them......(i have played both Blood Raynes though,but that's really it since i was like 10)

lol i love zombies ate my neighbors and i still got the snes cartridge it gets freakin hard towards the end my lil bro and i beat it in one siting

killerkat's Avatar Malice?

lol i love zombies ate my neighbors and i still got the snes cartridge it gets freakin hard towards the end my lil bro and i beat it in one siting

see ,my brother(older) was the gamer a real gamer,he'd beat a game in like 2 days,i waould always watch him play when i was a kid,as we grew we got to the same thing put passing a bowl around too,haha

soo i've seen MANY games played(well, high at least,haha) ,ijust don't play them......

kshearsedriver's Avatar resident nut

zelda, metroid, castlvania,ninja gaiden...........you know, the classics

Quote Originally Posted by Tequila Zaire
    Hahah finally...another Zombies ate my Neighbors fan...I still have my SNES cart in the box...MINT...same with my copy of Planescape Torment...that is such an amazing game. Should be played by any who want more than the typical game experience and those who love a good story to go with their gameplay. Both are classics in the very best sense of the word.

Same with Grim Fandango, Sam and Max, and FF6. Though really nearly all mentioned are considered classics in some form...good taste.
    <3 love love love

Evilbink's Avatar Sanctimonious Satyr

Reading the other posts makes me feel so much better about my video game obsession. Yes I said obsession, i've been playing them all since the dawn of time and my very first coleco vision and my tandy computer. there is something to be said for massive ammounts of lost time sacrificed to the gods of video. And i am completely one of the high priests. If i listed even a small percentage of my gaming time or the games i play, it would consume too much of my precious gaming time. even as i am typing this i have my ps2 running and playing through Champions of Norath Return to Arms for the fifth time.

Camby Savelle's Avatar Stars shaped like hearts

Megaman, Guilty Gear, Castlevania & most stuff from Squaresoft tend to be my favorites.

Ichigo's Avatar Senior Member

I like to play RPGs that don't have the turn-based battle system, like Kingdom Hearts and Fable. I do play turn-based RPGs, but it's just not as fun.

Ellis's Avatar Kuwabara Kuwabara

I play PSO on gamecube AND dreamcast. AT THE SAME TIME.
    Also, many many pirated games, too many console games to list, blah blah blah mostly lately civ 3 and PSO (after the 14th ill be playing alot of FF7 again)

Monster Hunter is still My Favorite Game, even though I dont have a PlayStation 2 Anymore.

So Far, Fable has been the only Game I really liked on X Box.

PlayStation2 has: Monster Hunter, Nocturne, and Jade Cocoon 2.

* Ponders trading Back for the other system*

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by Ellis
    I play PSO on gamecube AND dreamcast. AT THE SAME TIME.
    Also, many many pirated games, too many console games to list, blah blah blah mostly lately civ 3 and PSO (after the 14th ill be playing alot of FF7 again)
    Same ones I play...the XBOX version was utter crap and required you to have XBL even to play OFFLINE...that killed sales.

I don't have many pirated games outside a few rare DC games that I simply can't score no matter where I go (even online through japanese shops is a pain...plus way to expensive. $100 for the game and another $100 in assorted costs is just beyond sanity)

I gotta play FF7 again some time...I still love the look and feel of that game more than any other FF game.

What are the thoughts on Trading My X Box for store credit to get a PlayStation2 Again, since the only reason I am hesitant to do so is that I Love FABLE so much?

Also, they are supposed to make an X Box2, which is going to make the X Box Obsolete?

(Keep in Mind this is Store Credit, Not Money. )

Hula Hoop Supervisor

I never trade in consoles personally...but you gotta go with whatever console has the games you like.

I never trade in consoles personally...but you gotta go with whatever console has the games you like.

If they had something like Fable, for PlayStation, then there wouldnt be a question, though I like LOTS more PlayStation 2 Games more.

Side note: They Have Morrowind for PlayStation 2 now, so that kind of tips the balance, even though Im not even sure if I like that game, but kind of like it's Freedom! **

thats why i got all 3 consoles booyah lol

Hula Hoop Supervisor

I think you are mistaken with Morrowind being on the PS2...though really the console versions are much weaker than the PC version...

The PC version allowed for player created plugins that improved the gameplay, graphics, sounds, and size of the game. One plugin changed the default player model heads and made them absolutely amazing...not worth playing the game on consoles at all.

In terms of freedom play a MMORPG...cheaper in the long run and you get near endless play.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

thats why i got all 3 consoles booyah lol
    Only 3? bah! hahahhahhahahahahah

Only 3? bah! hahahhahhahahahahah
    i still got thePS1.N64, NES,SNES,Genesis,and an intellevision system in working order i was just refering to the moderns consoles and i guess the DS should count two. oh and im getting the PSP i alredy got mine reserved

Hula Hoop Supervisor

i still got thePS1.N64, NES,SNES,Genesis,and an intellevision system in working order i was just refering to the moderns consoles and i guess the DS should count two. oh and im getting the PSP i alredy got mine reserved
    BAH!....unless you have a working collection of tiger hand held systems you have nothing!!!

heheheh...I'm not planning on scoring a PSP till later this year...I just don't feel like paying the $400 asking price many stores around here have going because they "bundled" it with a bunch of crap.

BAH!....unless you have a working collection of tiger hand held systems you have nothing!!!

heheheh...I'm not planning on scoring a PSP till later this year...I just don't feel like paying the $400 asking price many stores around here have going because they "bundled" it with a bunch of crap.
    my mom used to buy me those tiger handhelds all the time but i dont have any tah work my fav one was a bout a dude that fought genies and breathed fire

Hula Hoop Supervisor

my mom used to buy me those tiger handhelds all the time but i dont have any tah work my fav one was a bout a dude that fought genies and breathed fire
    They were cheesy fun...the art of LCD gaming is missed.

They were cheesy fun...the art of LCD gaming is missed.
    yeah they were prety fun to bad you had to buy the whole new system for evry game i dont know how expensive they were but i guess thats what led to their demise. they were still awesome with easy gameplay and easy controls the whole thing was very user friendly

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

I rarely play video games, but my fav computer game is *gasp* SimFarm. Lol, I raise livestock and grow crops and its very educational, at least for someone like me who has a strong background in agriculture;] Otherwise, my other fav game is Scrabble.

Quote Originally Posted by Jax
    I rarely play video games, but my fav computer game is *gasp* SimFarm. Lol, I raise livestock and grow crops and its very educational, at least for someone like me who has a strong background in agriculture;] Otherwise, my other fav game is Scrabble.
    The Sims is Pretty Cool, but I dont have a favorite Comp Game, but Ultima Online is awesome, but I only played on the free trial.

hewhoisagod's Avatar Captain Obvious

I'm beta testing the Matrix Online............... has some promise, I might actually pay the monthly bill for that.

you might like the the harvestmoon series of games theyr all basicaly about a boy trying to save a farm . the game mostly consists of buying seeds for diferent crops planting diferent crops each season, feeding animals and taking care of them , and you also have ti find time to make the girls in town like you and eventualy marry one of them its prety fun and i keep playing it over and over

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

you might like the the harvestmoon series of games theyr all basicaly about a boy trying to save a farm . the game mostly consists of buying seeds for diferent crops planting diferent crops each season, feeding animals and taking care of them , and you also have ti find time to make the girls in town like you and eventualy marry one of them its prety fun and i keep playing it over and over
    Ohhh that sounds addicting, I like that, lol. Ill have to check it out;] Thanks for recommending it;]

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Ohhh that sounds addicting, I like that, lol. Ill have to check it out;] Thanks for recommending it;]
    Very addicting...there are dozens of versions on just about every gaming platform. The ones I like the most personally where on the Gameboy and Gameboy Advance...mainly cause they were fun to play on the go. The PS1 and PS2 versions were very slick too...they are simply fun games that allow you to feel like you are actually doing something constructive...you can even enter stuff in local fairs...it's a sweet lil series.

bre.star's Avatar Senior Member

ok yah i am so obsessed with DDR, i just ordered this!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MEWN:IT

a_small_death's Avatar The ugliest dj on earth

PSO...which version you playing? the DC, Xbox, or GC version?
    PC And DC Versions.

+ Reply to Thread