+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Agents

MistressJennifer's Avatar Senior Member

Default Agents

So this is a whole new world for me, contacting agents!!! It is really amazing who answers and who doesn't answer. I just keep sending out stuff, and some people respond, some don't...

But most people are pretty nice. It's kind of fun, you never know what exactly will happen, so it's always a surprise every day.

It gets a bit tricky though, when one agent handles about three people that you want. Do you think it is kind of weird to ask the same agent about say, two different actresses for the same role? Or two different directors with the same agent?

What do you think about that? For some reason, I just feel kind of odd about approaching the same agent for multiple clients. I guess it just seems kind of insincere...? I am just trying to be careful and not step on any toes....

Ellis's Avatar Kuwabara Kuwabara

Default Re: Agents

I actually think thats how its done, with the mutiple roles...youve got to get your options,then decide after youve gotall your eggs gathered.

the_plague's Avatar Satanic Guitar

i think ellis has it right. we're all rootin' for ya jen.

Thank you! You are all so great!! You should meet MY agent, she is nine years old... She gives me really good advice. No kidding, she is a genius... I always ask her for advice, and she is always right.

This is kind of interesting, Julie Delpy is also doing a movie about Countess Elizabeth Bathory, so I had to change the name of my character... SO I had to re-send my script to Ralph Fiennes and Johnny Depp to make sure they had the changes... That's what I did today!!! This is fun!

I also asked Julie Delpy if she wanted to be in my movie, but they didn't answer... She would be good...

Ellis's Avatar Kuwabara Kuwabara

Quote Originally Posted by MistressJennifer
    I also asked Julie Delpy if she wanted to be in my movie, but they didn't answer... She would be good...

What is this movie going to be called? As far as I'vefound, most information in the factual realm on EB is scarce...

I don't know, I mean, they were really evasive, because these are the agents shopping the project... They wouldn't say much. Sort of my competition. But I am glad that I changed the name, because as soon as I dropped the Countess Elizabeth Bathory, I got Keira Knightley's agent asking for it.

I think a lot of actresses might be too scared to do it.

Oh, and it MIGHT be a little hard to make her character sympathetic.... That was my big problem, making her likeable... Now I have changed it all around and it is much better. I don't want this film to be like a B horror film, or too campy.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

It's not as though it's uncommon, if anything it makes it easier to deal with people when the project and talent in question is all "in house". At least then you are all dealing with a central person everyone involved already does buisness with. As long as you approach it with your intent known and not try to hide anything ...then it should at least be workable. Plus in the end Agents want what is best for THEM as much as those they represent.

As far as not wanting the film to be a B grade horror flick or too campy...that would really depend on the directors hired and what goes on after the script is bought and done with...I wouldn't worry too much on that since it WILL at some point be out of your hands.

Side note: "Julie Delpy is also doing a movie about Countess Elizabeth Bathory"

I hope she is not in the title role...I know indie film fans love her but she is a horrible actress...her range of emotions somehow manages to go BELOW zero.

Bedlamite

I want to play Elizabeth Bathory! That would be fun, rather than scary!

nyar's Avatar The Crawling Chaos

"Woman of Dark Desire" by Bathory MUST be on the soundtrack!!!!!

None of the actresses wanted to play Countess Elizabeth Bathory, so I changed it. I didn't get any response from any actresses until I changed the name and location....

i need a manager that knows what there doing... cause i know what to do doesnt mean i want to be the only one doing it... i need a manager :-/

We all need a manager... I need a manager, but I don't trust anyone....

It seems as if the whole purpose of agents is to make sure that the actors DO NOT GET ANY SCRIPTS AT ALL!! I mean, most of them spend the whole day just saying no....

It's so strange how these really big stars want the script and then these smaller ones that no one has ever heard of, don't want it....

But it is interesting... I just bought some new stationary, very posh looking...

a_small_death's Avatar The ugliest dj on earth

Quote Originally Posted by MistressJennifer
    So this is a whole new world for me, contacting agents!!! It is really amazing who answers and who doesn't answer. I just keep sending out stuff, and some people respond, some don't...

But most people are pretty nice. It's kind of fun, you never know what exactly will happen, so it's always a surprise every day.

It gets a bit tricky though, when one agent handles about three people that you want. Do you think it is kind of weird to ask the same agent about say, two different actresses for the same role? Or two different directors with the same agent?

What do you think about that? For some reason, I just feel kind of odd about approaching the same agent for multiple clients. I guess it just seems kind of insincere...? I am just trying to be careful and not step on any toes....
    I know certain agents will handle alot of top talent if they are that good about what they can deliver. Tis why I choose to stay in the web world. Alot less complicated shit.

+ Reply to Thread