+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Good old fasioned AssWhuppin Metal (rant)

Mekahoel The Pandafist's Avatar Cold, wet and hungry

Default Good old fasioned AssWhuppin Metal (rant)

What ever happened to the good old days? The days when Ozzy Osbourne wasn't someone you wanted your kids near, Pantera were still around (and asswipes didn't shoot guitar legends) and Metallica weren't a bunch of whiney, New Age Sensitive Guy weeners (not that there is anything wrong with that, unless you're in a fucking metal band that play songs entitled "KILL 'EM ALL")?

Is is just me, or are metal bands just getting shittier and shittier? Where are the dudes (and dudettes- I don't descriminate except for personality) who knew how to kick you in the balls and pick you back up just to do it again? What the fuck is love metal? Why are Linkin Park considered a metal band? Ice-T rocked harder in his day! Why do people take The Darkness seriously? (On that note, why do people take Jet seriously?) Why does noone know how to play a guitar? Why must all music that shitheads play on the radio sound the same, with an annoying, two tone dipshit chanting "yo, yo, uh huh, yeah, a'ight now?"

I apologize for this rant. If, in any way, this post offends you, go buy a Slayer album and soak your head.

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

Default Re: Good old fasioned AssWhuppin Metal (rant)

i hear you man but then again those are just the mainstream pop-metal bands there is still tons of good underground stuff thats way better it just seems that castration is included in record contracts theese days

Mekahoel The Pandafist's Avatar Cold, wet and hungry

I know. Mastadon are still around and Dimmu, but guys like Cannible Corpse have kind of gone downhill. When will the nextgen metalheads get it through their head that it takes more than a three chord riff and a drummer that knows how to whack a bassdrum (I'm not even going to honor the Hip Hop "beat" as one) to make some kick ass stuff?

*sigh*

I'm going to listen to some stuff and pray to Lemmy that everything will turn out all right...

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

try six inches of blood they kick ass

I know what you mean. I stuggle finding new music I really like.
    Helmets and Slayers last albums were pretty good though.

You know I am pretty sure even my mom rocked in her day. Ozzy is like a million years old. Metallica is at least a hundred. It's hard to keep up the old metal anger after you get your first ferrari. It happened to the Stones, why should Metallica be immune? They got older, it happens.

As far as new music sucking, your comparing apples and oranges. Pantera and Metallica weren't exactly mainstream. I mean the Darkness and Limp may suck, but so did Winger. Your comparing today's pop crap to yesturdays off beats stuff. Look a little deeper, explore the scene a little farther like you did when you were young and you will find better music. When you were listening to Metallica and Pantera you were complaining cause Poison and Bon Jovi were getting airplay and who the hell called Warrent metal?

Go to some local shows, listen to some college stations and quit acting like my dad. Your changing more than the music is, you wanna rock you gotta work for it like you used to. It's not metal's responsibility to hunt you down.

Quote Originally Posted by Cafe_Post_Mortem
    Go to some local shows, listen to some college stations and quit acting like my dad.

Ha Ha Ha Ha!

Skavian's Avatar Member

This goes the same for people that say punk rock has gone down the drain. There are always reservoirs of good stuff, and usually you have to be able to follow the developments as they come, instead of hinging on one sound or concept.

hewhoisagod's Avatar Captain Obvious

Quote Originally Posted by Skavian
    This goes the same for people that say punk rock has gone down the drain. There are always reservoirs of good stuff, and usually you have to be able to follow the developments as they come, instead of hinging on one sound or concept.
    I agree.......... music is supposed to progress as civilization progresses......... if you get stuck listening to just one type of music you're going to get stuck in a rut eventually and can't have an educated opinion on other sorts of music. Like I had a friend of mine in high school that didn't know who Jimi Hendrix was because all he listened to was country.

Ellis's Avatar Kuwabara Kuwabara

Well, I could type for hours on the subject, but instead I will say this.
    The day after my friends graduation, were all going to see MANOWAR.
    Indeed.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

Quote Originally Posted by Kidthorazine
    try six inches of blood they kick ass
    who the fuck is six inches of blood?
    you should listen to 3 inches of blood.

but um.. on to topic, those bands you mentioned are all pussies. ozzy? come on. writing a song crying to yer mama isn't very fuckin metal. and metallica writes lame ass songs like "nothing else matters" about hetfields girlfreind dumping him. this post does offend me and I am going to listen to slayer and soak my head...in blood!

but seriously, what the fuck is up with metallica fans? they think that metallica is the heaviest shit of all time. I played some grindcore for a metallica fan once, and he was like no way dude, metallica is way heavier than this.

TheDeathKnight's Avatar Senior Member

I couldn't agree more about having to evolve with the times. If you don't expose yourself to the new stuff, and try to see what is cool about it, you will end up like those old people who only listen to Lawrence Welk, or Big Band music, etc... The same thing will happen to you if you let it. I already have a lot of friends who stopped listening to new stuff, and all their music is from the 80s and 90s, and they don't like any of the modern music. And if modern music keeps changing, they will never evolve with the new styles. Remember how we used to make fun of people who listened to Kenny G, etc? Well in a few more years, kids will be making fun of people who only listen to old bands like Motley Crue, U2, or Linkin Park or whatever. I remember listening to "Kill 'em All" when if first came out, and HATING it. It was too rough, too raw, etc. I did not like it. But I kept listening to it. And eventually it grew on me, and I learned my love for thrash metal. But unless you force yourself to explore new music, you will stay stuck in some timewarp. My old friends look like zombies if I try to play them anything new. To them, it sounds like noise. But that's because they did not let their ears evolve. So the farther away they get from new stuff, the harder it will be to get used to it. Music changes slowly. You can't just suddenly try to like new stuff. You have to keep yourself in the loop, and listen to things slowly change. When I first listened to norweigan black metal, I thought it mostly sounded like crap. But a lot of people really like it, so I kept trying new bands. And eventually I found a couple of them that were pretty cool...

TheDeathKnight's Avatar Senior Member

People think Metallica is heavy in a *slow*, crunchy way.

Sceptic_Messiah's Avatar Senior Member

that rants made me smile.....but it's damn true *bites head of bat* damn britney spears is considered heavier then some of todays "alternative bands" when damageplan came out and i saw them at download last year i thought that things were looking up but nooooo some penis with a gun went a shot a legend....(i almost cried , thats how metal i am) i've noticed alot of underground local bands in england are getting a hell of alot heaver so i'ts only a matter of time before they explode on the scene

well... let's listen to David Bowie.... because he's always in "fashion"

btw... when i feel for guitars it's mostly Tool or R.A.T.M.

I laughed when people were surprised that someone named Dime Bag got shot. who woulda thought? haha. I guess you don't hang around my neighborhood very much.

Skavian's Avatar Member

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory
    but seriously, what the fuck is up with metallica fans? they think that metallica is the heaviest shit of all time. I played some grindcore for a metallica fan once, and he was like no way dude, metallica is way heavier than this.
    Nothing like a little bit of Anal-Cunt to shake things up. It is a shame though that they couldn't tell the variance in sounds. Just shows you what pinning yourself down into masturbation of a single band without consideration of anything else will do to ya.

Ichigo's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mekahoel The Pandafist
    I know. Mastadon are still around and Dimmu, but guys like Cannible Corpse have kind of gone downhill. When will the nextgen metalheads get it through their head that it takes more than a three chord riff and a drummer that knows how to whack a bassdrum (I'm not even going to honor the Hip Hop "beat" as one) to make some kick ass stuff?

*sigh*

I'm going to listen to some stuff and pray to Lemmy that everything will turn out all right...
    Dimmu Borgir? They absolutely suck now, they were way better back in the day before they started appearing on MTV and in Circus magazine.

killerkat's Avatar Malice?

Quote Originally Posted by Skavian
    Nothing like a little bit of Anal-Cunt to shake things up. It is a shame though that they couldn't tell the variance in sounds. Just shows you what pinning yourself down into masturbation of a single band without consideration of anything else will do to ya.
    love analCunt.....i played some Voltron to someone and got the same response as above......you really got to get an ear for it....for most people........

hell,try Agoraphobic Nosebleed,100 songs in 20 min,on a 3"cd,and 1600bpm.....FUck!!!.........

Skavian's Avatar Member

Quote Originally Posted by killerkat
    love analCunt.....i played some Voltron to someone and got the same response as above......you really got to get an ear for it....for most people........

hell,try Agoraphobic Nosebleed,100 songs in 20 min,on a 3"cd,and 1600bpm.....FUck!!!.........
    In my opinion, Eastern Europeans know how to party. They were metal, punk, and hardcore before those genres existed. Check out a band called Fanfare Ciocarlia, or even Besh O Drom. Insanity a-go-go! I swear I would pass out dancing to some of that music it is so damn fast.

+ Reply to Thread