+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Stupid drug laws

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

Default Stupid drug laws

Ive been getting stuff from DPA (drug policy alliance) about people being ticketed simply for being at a club on the same night police busted someone in said club for possesion/sale of drugs. Has anyone else heard about this
    Last year our supporters helped raise attention to an outrageous abuse of power in Racine, Wisconsin, where hundreds of music fans were ticketed for being in a crowded nightclub where a few people used drugs. Those ticketed had no drugs on them. The police didn’t even have any evidence that they had ever used drugs. Their only “crime” was dancing at a nightclub where other people who used drugs were arrested. Although only three drug arrests were made, police issued citations to 445 innocent attendees with a penalty of $968 each for being "patrons of a disorderly house." Thanks to a public outcry from people like you, work by the Drug Policy Alliance, and an ACLU lawsuit, the citations were ultimately dismissed.

Now, it has happened again; this time in Flint, Michigan. On Saturday the local police raided a popular nightclub, Club What’s Next, and ticketed music fans who were attending a dance night known as “Getting Lucky” (the DJs included Halluci-Nate, Sparkimus Prime, White Rabbit, Captain Cheddar and California's Dj Primo.) While some people were arrested for possessing or selling illegal drugs, most people were ticketed for “frequenting a drug establishment,” a misdemeanor offense.

Default Re: Stupid drug laws

No, I've never heard of that before. That is so retarded.
    I can't believe they can fine so many people for that.
    Thank you muchly for the heads-up.

good that I know some inspectors...huh... I know I should not say this but in most of the "poor" countries goverement is biggest gang tho.....

this just looks like closing the club due to not paying bribe to someone or something similar.... don't know how it works in USA tho

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by OliX

this just looks like closing the club due to not paying bribe to someone or something similar.... don't know how it works in USA tho
    That's probably what it is actually...

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kidthorazine
    Ive been getting stuff from DPA (drug policy alliance) about people being ticketed simply for being at a club on the same night police busted someone in said club for possesion/sale of drugs. Has anyone else heard about this
    I've been to clubs in the Bay Area that make you sign a release stating you are *not* part of any law enforcement agency. I can see why now.

OEC

Ellis's Avatar Kuwabara Kuwabara

The rave act. Nuff said.

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

Quote Originally Posted by Tequila Zaire
    That's probably what it is actually...
    No it isnt because the conservatives have been pushing for this sort of crap for years

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

once again, if you call yourself Hallucinate and White Rabbit you should be executed on priciple for considering yourself a victim because of the fact that someone thought you did drugs.

what the fuck is up with cops busting places where they do drugs? everyone knows that no one has ever done a drug at a rave. we really got to put a stop to this, my rights where violated when i got issued a ticket just for hanging out at a crack house, what's up with that?

the_plague's Avatar Satanic Guitar

welcome to the new world order...it's no joke.

hewhoisagod's Avatar Captain Obvious

I'm actually on disciplinary probation at my school for being in the presence of alcohol.

nyar's Avatar The Crawling Chaos

that doesn't even sound legal!!
    Canada sounds better every day!!

Skavian's Avatar Member

I think somebody on Portal of Evil put it best when they said in the future, people of advanced civilizations will stop by America to see how they're doing in their secluded walled off Jesus state of being and find that they had just rediscovered banging rocks together makes fire. Then the future people would fly away with their jetpacks to go watch Translocater Ball and sip Astro-Martinis.

hewhoisagod's Avatar Captain Obvious

Quote Originally Posted by Skavian
    I think somebody on Portal of Evil put it best when they said in the future, people of advanced civilizations will stop by America to see how they're doing in their secluded walled off Jesus state of being and find that they had just rediscovered banging rocks together makes fire. Then the future people would fly away with their jetpacks to go watch Translocater Ball and sip Astro-Martinis.
    it's why I'm trying to get out of here, all that's stopping me is time, have to wait till june to fill out my student visa application.

+ Reply to Thread